Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 07, 2019, 01:06:36 PM
Skyrim.

I'm not sure if you know what you're saying. lol. Do you mean that you love Skyrim to the bone, or are you sharing too much information?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 07, 2019, 01:23:19 PM
I'm not sure if you know what you're saying. lol. Do you mean that you love Skyrim to the bone, or are you sharing too much information?

Yes, I mean I love Skyrim to the bone. As in too much, every little bit?

But I didn't get the part about sharing too much. It also means something naughty?

E: Ah I forgot the 'the' that's what you mean?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 07, 2019, 01:35:02 PM
Yes, I mean I love Skyrim to the bone. As in too much, every little bit?

But I didn't get the part about sharing too much. It also means something naughty?

E: Ah I forgot the 'the' that's what you mean?

If you use "bone" as a verb, as the sentence structure suggested you were, it means something completely different.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boning
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 07, 2019, 04:40:22 PM
If you use "bone" as a verb, as the sentence structure suggested you were, it means something completely different.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boning

LOL. Yeah, as I said, forgot the 'the'. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Math student to marry Tetris video game

To be fair, it is a hell of a game.

QuoteNoorul also intends to take her Tetris’s name after a ceremony early next year and is currently planning her nuptials around playing Tetris for 12 hours each day â€" often using her tongue to move the shapes.
Heaven help the neighbors when she gets a line block.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 08, 2019, 07:39:26 PM
Math student to marry Tetris video game

To be fair, it is a hell of a game.
Heaven help the neighbors when she gets a line block.

Gynaecologist: excuse Mrs. Eifel, you woke me in the middle of the night. I think I misheard. Exactly what is stuck in your féminine parts?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

I like the older games.  I'm not a thumbwhacker on shooter games.  Or even a joysticker.  Real time games don't interest me.  I think I might even look at my old Sim games.  I'm a builder, not a killer or a room-memorizer.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

I just finished a Civ2 Game as a winner at Emperor level.  Had the only Spaceship.  It was scheduled to land in 1921, but I actually killed off the last Civ in 1920 so my SS didn't land.  I've never killed off the other Civs before.  It's not my style.  But I got so far ahead for once that I didn't have much else to do.  It was actually rather strange.  A combination of Fighter Planes, Cavalry (for the movement across terrain) and Transports really worked very well.

Usually, when I win (and I don't always), I build and protect my cities as best I can, suffer a few nuclear strikes, and get my SS to Alpha Centuri before the combined other Civs can kill me. 

This time I just went after them.  And that was deliberate.  I wanted to try killing the other Civs.  It worked.  You leqarn something new about a game every time you play if you try new things.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 11, 2019, 06:04:11 AM
I just finished a Civ2 Game as a winner at Emperor level.  Had the only Spaceship.  It was scheduled to land in 1921, but I actually killed off the last Civ in 1920 so my SS didn't land.  I've never killed off the other Civs before.  It's not my style.  But I got so far ahead for once that I didn't have much else to do.  It was actually rather strange.  A combination of Fighter Planes, Cavalry (for the movement across terrain) and Transports really worked very well.

Usually, when I win (and I don't always), I build and protect my cities as best I can, suffer a few nuclear strikes, and get my SS to Alpha Centuri before the combined other Civs can kill me. 

This time I just went after them.  And that was deliberate.  I wanted to try killing the other Civs.  It worked.  You leqarn something new about a game every time you play if you try new things.

War is a combination ... who brings the mostest, soonest.  You met the "soonest" criteria.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 11, 2019, 06:41:56 AM
War is a combination ... who brings the mostest, soonest.  You met the "soonest" criteria.

But that's the point.  You have an option to just build beyond the other Civs.  And it USUALLY suits me to do so.

May I ask what games you have ever played?  Or do games (other than here) escape your interest?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 11, 2019, 07:22:59 AM
But that's the point.  You have an option to just build beyond the other Civs.  And it USUALLY suits me to do so.

May I ask what games you have ever played?  Or do games (other than here) escape your interest?

Curious what youngsters like yourself are up to.  Only play Rome:Total War now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 11, 2019, 11:23:23 AM
Curious what youngsters like yourself are up to.  Only play Rome:Total War now.

Tell me about that.  Is it a real time shoot or is there building involved.  I once joined a Roman game about building villas, but I figured out I could sell stuff to myself and left.  It wasn't fair to the other players, and not the purpose of the site. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 11, 2019, 01:05:16 PM
Tell me about that.  Is it a real time shoot or is there building involved.  I once joined a Roman game about building villas, but I figured out I could sell stuff to myself and left.  It wasn't fair to the other players, and not the purpose of the site.

Rome: Total War is not as fun as Caesar III.  My ex plays that on-line.  "Rome" is about fighting, "Caesar" is about building.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 11, 2019, 01:11:56 PM
Rome: Total War is not as fun as Caesar III.  My ex plays that on-line.  "Rome" is about fighting, "Caesar" is about building.

OK, I'm into building games.  Tell me about the building.  Do you have to find stuff in order to build?  How engaging is the game?  Is it complicated?  Would it keep you up for hours?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 11, 2019, 02:49:18 PM
OK, I'm into building games.  Tell me about the building.  Do you have to find stuff in order to build?  How engaging is the game?  Is it complicated?  Would it keep you up for hours?

Yes x 4.  Not sure how to get to the on-line version (Steam etc).  The rules are easy.  Fighting is small.  Kind of like a natural disaster, if you have a enough men to fight off the barbarians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlWEMHBwVVA

The online version also does Egypt and China.  Individual people can be clicked for info (from distant perspective) to determine current morale.

I might get it for nostalgia, after I move.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.