News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 24, 2019, 11:10:02 PM
I forget exactly which pinball machine it was, but there was one that was so easy that I could play for hours on just a couple quarters.  It gave out free balls and multiballs easily, and even when you lose, more often than not, you'd get a free continue.  Fun times.
Silverball Mania was that game for me.  I got to the point where I could still gain a replay playing it cross-handed -- left hand on right flipper button and vice versa.  I was nearly as good on Eight Ball Deluxe, and could usually roll up good scores on Centaur, which had a five-ball multiball we referred to as an 'orb-gasm'.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

I don't really understand why this is all that important (except to maybe Ninja and whatever service he signed up with, my memory's hazy and Game Theory probably only mentioned it once or twice in the video) but sure.

Hydra009

Meanwhile, City of Heroes goes 64-bit.  Oh, and it's totally and completely free.  (Though obviously, donations help keep the servers up)

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 25, 2019, 12:18:04 AM
I'm like 80% sure it had a gopher.

After looking around a bit, I'm guessing Tee'd off.

That may have been after my pinball glory days (1976-1984).  There were new pinballs coming out then designed to defeat skill.  They were very much faster and also gave few options for actually playing.  You mainly just watched the ball going around until it hit an exit.  The flippers were even designed to move apart when the ball was approaching.  Total rip-off!

I get "bad title" when trying the link...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 26, 2019, 10:33:37 PM

Meanwhile, City of Heroes goes 64-bit.  Oh, and it's totally and completely free.  (Though obviously, donations help keep the servers up)

Eh, cannot be arsed with classic wow. I played wow since just before tbc came out, and am now used to the updated graphics and gameplay. I was kinda hoping classic would have the same feel as real classic, as in limited view distance, slow framerate, and glitches like wall jumping, but they built this classic version using legions engine, so it just doesn't feel like real classic to me.

Meanwhile every idiot who started in mists of pandaria thinks this is how classic really was.

I can assure you, the novelty will wear off in a month, and only a handful will remain
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Sal1981

Quote from: Munch on August 27, 2019, 05:19:57 PM
Eh, cannot be arsed with classic wow. I played wow since just before tbc came out, and am now used to the updated graphics and gameplay. I was kinda hoping classic would have the same feel as real classic, as in limited view distance, slow framerate, and glitches like wall jumping, but they built this classic version using legions engine, so it just doesn't feel like real classic to me.

Meanwhile every idiot who started in mists of pandaria thinks this is how classic really was.

I can assure you, the novelty will wear off in a month, and only a handful will remain
The same happened when Old School RuneScape (OSRS) came out in 2014, based off 2007 RuneScape, when after about 2 months most people quit again after the nostalgia wore off.

Except after 2 years or thereabouts it became popular, mainly due to popular YouTube vids by long-standing RuneScape 3 (RS3) players that left it behind to make OSRS vids instead. PKing is a lot more active in OSRS, while in RS3 the PKing aspect is mostly dead. Now there's 4 to 5 times more players on OSRS than on RS3 any one time during the day.

Personally, I tried OSRS again last year but quit again when I  got tired of it, and RS3 I've dropped my main account and started a hardcore ironman account. I got quite high on the hiscores too, like highest I got was rank 43 or something out of about 100k players. Just checked, only dropped down to rank 58 - not a lot of people play RS3, even fewer on ironman challenge. Now I don't play any RuneScape.

Hydra009

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Cavebear

Cavebear

Hey, I just got my SS launched in 1908 in Civ 2 at Emperor Level, killed off 2 civs, can kill off another, Have Destroyers and Fighters, and beaten down the existing ones so bad they barely have Ironclads!  Now I just need to play this way again at Deity level.   I really thought through every city improvement and got all the good Wonders first.  FINALLY!

Sal1981

I've been trying out Albion Online. Its pay2win mechanic in form of ingame currency selling for irl cash & the premium subscription are definite negatives. Oh well, I haven't spent a dime on the game and I'm still kinda enjoying it, even though I'm not playing "optimally". It originally had founder packs and was only subscription based, but they opened it up for free players in April. It's mainly a GvG game, so I that might be what makes me stop, I'm too much of a solo player, even for an MMO.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 24, 2019, 06:10:11 PM
Trump is here to make Skyrim great again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L-TesiBRVY

Nooo. Why does he have to ruin somethinmg I love to bone?! It's not funny.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 07, 2019, 12:29:21 PM
Nooo. Why does he have to ruin somethinmg I love to bone?! It's not funny.

You love to bone what?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp