News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 01, 2019, 12:18:45 PM
I have noticed, however, that adding mods as you go in the middle of a playthrough is a bad idea. My last save was corrupted when I did that. A new save with the same mods worked fine, though.
I noticed that as well.  When I start a new game I have to take my time and review all the mods I have and any new ones I want to add.  While I'm playing with one set of mods, I never look at new ones. :)  I noticed that as well with FO4.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 01, 2019, 12:36:21 PM
I noticed that as well.  When I start a new game I have to take my time and review all the mods I have and any new ones I want to add.  While I'm playing with one set of mods, I never look at new ones. :)  I noticed that as well with FO4.

As odd as it may sound these days with the cloud and stuff, but sometimes saving stuff locally is good.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

I briefly played a game that was supposed to let you chat and interact among friends in a Roman Empire.  The first thing I did was figure out how to cheat the game to get wealth to build a massive house,  LOL!

Can't help it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 01, 2019, 02:53:47 PM
I briefly played a game that was supposed to let you chat and interact among friends in a Roman Empire.  The first thing I did was figure out how to cheat the game to get wealth to build a massive house,  LOL!

Can't help it.

Congratulations on your simulated capitalism ;-)  In my simulated imperialism, I am perfectly ruthless.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 01, 2019, 12:18:45 PM
I currently have 69 (heheh) on Special Edition. I limit myself to lorefriendly mods, texture and mesh improvements, and quality of life improvements. I have mods that let me buy stuff on display at shops, order weapons, armor, and ingredients from smiths and alchemists, and one that adds holidays for citizens to celebrate. I would include a few adult mods from Lovers Lab, but they never fucking work. lol

I don't have many problems with the game. It still loads fast and works properly. It's crashed only twice in the several hours I've played it, and that's probably just Skyrim being Skyrim. I have noticed, however, that adding mods as you go in the middle of a playthrough is a bad idea. My last save was corrupted when I did that. A new save with the same mods worked fine, though.
I don't usually get any problems with mods until around the 128 plugin mark. Crashes are inevitable even with vanilla Skyrim, but if you're using good modding tools like Mod Organizer 2 and Wrye Bash you can definitely minimize them so they're not too disruptive.

On that note, you can definitely add or remove mods mid-playthrough. Again, your success with this depends largely on the tools you're using. Mod Organizer 2 uses virtual filepaths and never actually touches your Skyrim folder, so it's pretty safe to do whatever the fuck you want as far as adding or removing mods mid-playthrough. But if you do a manual install, use NMM, or god forbid Bethesda's in-game mod system, and you're gonna have a bad time.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 02, 2019, 11:56:24 AM
I don't usually get any problems with mods until around the 128 plugin mark. Crashes are inevitable even with vanilla Skyrim, but if you're using good modding tools like Mod Organizer 2 and Wrye Bash you can definitely minimize them so they're not too disruptive.

On that note, you can definitely add or remove mods mid-playthrough. Again, your success with this depends largely on the tools you're using. Mod Organizer 2 uses virtual filepaths and never actually touches your Skyrim folder, so it's pretty safe to do whatever the fuck you want as far as adding or removing mods mid-playthrough. But if you do a manual install, use NMM, or god forbid Bethesda's in-game mod system, and you're gonna have a bad time.

With my current mods, when I added them as I went, I suddenly found Whiterun's textures all messed up. Don't know why. Every other texture was fine. But the houses, the city walls, the streets, pretty much everything in and around Whiterun looked like it came from a PS1 game. Solitude was fine, but not Whiterun. When I started a new game with the same mods, it was fine. I use Vortex, BTW. It seems to its job well.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Draconic Aiur

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 02, 2019, 12:23:03 PM
With my current mods, when I added them as I went, I suddenly found Whiterun's textures all messed up. Don't know why. Every other texture was fine. But the houses, the city walls, the streets, pretty much everything in and around Whiterun looked like it came from a PS1 game. Solitude was fine, but not Whiterun. When I started a new game with the same mods, it was fine. I use Vortex, BTW. It seems to its job well.
Oh that’s the Whiterun LOD bug, and it can happen even in an unmodded Skyrim. All you have to do to fix it is restart the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

drunkenshoe

I got Dawn of Man yesterday. Looks OK. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 02, 2019, 10:24:08 PM
Oh that’s the Whiterun LOD bug, and it can happen even in an unmodded Skyrim. All you have to do to fix it is restart the game.

Eh? But I tried restarting the game, and even reverting to a previous save, but it looked the same. Oh well. Guess I should be happy that means the mods weren't to blame, but then it also means I started a new game from scratch for no reason. lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 03, 2019, 02:07:33 AM
I got Dawn of Man yesterday. Looks OK.

Make it realistic?  Like 10,000 BC Red Dead Redemption II.  Oregon Trail with medicine experimentation that can kill you if you don't learn herbology.  High mortality of children and hunters, women in childbirth.  Clan warfare, mutually incomprehensible languages (see New Guinea).  Primitive head hunting and cannibalism.  In short, there is only one play level = Very Hard.

Game play should be really slow ... Neolithic lasted a long time, the Paleolithic a very long time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

That is one of your better responses, Munch.