News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Anthem players:  It's so great to able to fly around whenever you want, team up with friends, and blow stuff up!

Me (a City of Heroes player):  Oh?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 23, 2019, 10:50:21 PM
Anthem players:  It's so great to able to fly around whenever you want, team up with friends, and blow stuff up!

Me (a City of Heroes player):  Oh?

Isn't City of Heroes dead?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Yes.  :'(

edit - there's Paragon Chat, which lets you create a character, move around in the game world, and talk/emote to other characters, but combat is non-functional.  So there's that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Playing Skyrim again. I've got about 120 mods this time around, but these are the ones that matter for about 99% of all my battles:

• Wildcat with the realistic damage plugin at legendary difficulty.
  • Populated Skyrim Hell and Civil War editions.
  • OBIS with maxed-out bandit spawns for camps, dungeons, patrols, and stable raids.
  • Skyrim Immersive Creatures with maxed out spawn numbers and difficulty.
  • Sands of Time with the Spartan preset. (This isn't the maximum difficulty, but I had some minor technical issues with higher settings that I decided I'd rather not deal with.)
I'm fairly early into this latest LotDB Relic Hunter playthrough, but I've already had more battles than the entire Civil War quest in vanilla. Simply getting to the entrance of Bleak Falls Barrow required a full frontal assault involving multiple followers, and I still died twice. Inside the barrow I've been stopping to camp and process all my Hunterborn resources. As I post this, I'm taking a break in front of the puzzle door getting ready for the final push. There's a small army of draugr and skeletons on the other side, the latter of whom are probably gonna resurrect themselves while my back is turned (a SIC feature) on top of the spawned-in ambushes and reinforcements I'm likely to get hit with.

Getting that Dragonstone to Farengar isn't going to make things any easier. I've got Elemental Dragons, Diverse Dragons, and Serio's Enhanced Dragons. Mirmulnir is going to kick my ASS during the Dragon Rising quest.

I'm going to die so much in this playthrough, and I love it.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mike Cl

120!  The most I've gotten to is about 30. :)  I'm doing FO4 now with mods for the first time--up to about 30 on this one. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 28, 2019, 06:25:51 PM
120!  The most I've gotten to is about 30. :)  I'm doing FO4 now with mods for the first time--up to about 30 on this one. 
Well don't be too impressed, a lot of those are just utilities and graphics. Better menu controls, Imaginator, Coat Of Paint, things like that. They make up 70-90% of my mods in any loadout. After that you've got a couple overhauls like Ordinator and Moonlight Tales, and the rest are addons for Legacy of the Dragonborn. For this run I'm emphasizing gameplay changes and collectibles, with no new quests to speak of outside those added by Legacy itself.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Munch

surprise your skyrim hasn't crashed from that lot. and yeah i think the most I ever had active was about 40

can remember back in the early 00s, when sims 2 came out, I discovered the wonders of mods for it and had hundreds of mods running, causing the game to crash multiple times.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on February 28, 2019, 07:56:35 PM
surprise your skyrim hasn't crashed from that lot. and yeah i think the most I ever had active was about 40

can remember back in the early 00s, when sims 2 came out, I discovered the wonders of mods for it and had hundreds of mods running, causing the game to crash multiple times.
I dunno if I've ever cracked 120, but I've gotten close.

Keeping it stable is relatively easy: don't run mods that modify the same thing (a corollary: only have a few mods that implement major changes with many mods that implement minor changes), use LOOT (load order optimization tool), never forget to read the incompatibility list on the mod's webpage.

Hydra009

Who wore it better?

From a Paris fashion show:

Dagoth Ur:

"What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?"

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on February 28, 2019, 06:38:26 PM
Well don't be too impressed, a lot of those are just utilities and graphics. Better menu controls, Imaginator, Coat Of Paint, things like that. They make up 70-90% of my mods in any loadout. After that you've got a couple overhauls like Ordinator and Moonlight Tales, and the rest are addons for Legacy of the Dragonborn. For this run I'm emphasizing gameplay changes and collectibles, with no new quests to speak of outside those added by Legacy itself.
Well, I'll be impressed if I want to!!!!! :))  When the Skyrim bug strikes again, I can see me adding a large number----like 60 or so, is a lot for me.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

I received the old Win 95 PC last month.  It played Civ2.  I'm thrilled.  It stopped when I tried to add speakers.  I had an old copy of Win 98.  It booted and I'm playing again.  I'm up to Warlord level and rising.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on March 01, 2019, 08:59:40 AM
I received the old Win 95 PC last month.  It played Civ2.  I'm thrilled.  It stopped when I tried to add speakers.  I had an old copy of Win 98.  It booted and I'm playing again.  I'm up to Warlord level and rising.
It is great to be playing one's favorite game!!!  Glad you got yours up and running.  I too, loved that game--and probably would be playing it if I could easily find a re-tooled game that would run on my current computer.  But I don't love it enough to go thru what you did. 

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 01, 2019, 09:48:12 AM
It is great to be playing one's favorite game!!!  Glad you got yours up and running.  I too, loved that game--and probably would be playing it if I could easily find a re-tooled game that would run on my current computer.  But I don't love it enough to go thru what you did.

My computer skills are weak.  If you are on a Windows computer, it seems there are several ways to download or create a drive partition to play Civ2 again.  On my Mac, that seems trickier. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on March 01, 2019, 10:04:43 AM
My computer skills are weak.  If you are on a Windows computer, it seems there are several ways to download or create a drive partition to play Civ2 again.  On my Mac, that seems trickier.
My computer skills are weak on a good day! :))  I don't love Civ 2 enough to try to 'partition' any of my computer to be able to play it.  I'll stick to my FO4 and Skyrim for now, thank you. :))

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on February 28, 2019, 07:56:35 PM

I currently have 69 (heheh) on Special Edition. I limit myself to lorefriendly mods, texture and mesh improvements, and quality of life improvements. I have mods that let me buy stuff on display at shops, order weapons, armor, and ingredients from smiths and alchemists, and one that adds holidays for citizens to celebrate. I would include a few adult mods from Lovers Lab, but they never fucking work. lol

I don't have many problems with the game. It still loads fast and works properly. It's crashed only twice in the several hours I've played it, and that's probably just Skyrim being Skyrim. I have noticed, however, that adding mods as you go in the middle of a playthrough is a bad idea. My last save was corrupted when I did that. A new save with the same mods worked fine, though.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--