News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on January 30, 2019, 12:38:52 PM
And laugh if you want, it means I can also update and print out new shopping lists.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. You can use any text document for that. Personally, I'd save my shopping list on my phone, though. It's as easy as saying, "Hey, Google. Add cheese to my shopping list."

"Yes, Master. May want to get pick it up soon, though. The rise of the machines is nigh."

"What?"

"What?"
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Plu

Bought an old Windows 95/98/XP.  on ebay.  To play Civ2. Can't wait...

And laugh if you want, it means I can also update and print out new shopping lists.

Did you get a complete set, with a monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc? There's little chance you'll be able to hook that thing up to any modern peripherals. You're lucky that probably the connection to power still works as it did back then, but everything else probably won't.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Plu on January 30, 2019, 01:47:21 PM
Have you met other people on the internet? I'm not that surprised fewer and fewer games support open chat/mic these days.

I have. That's why most MMORPGs have the option to ignore people, or to limit what types of messages you want to see. For example, when I played The Elder Scrolls Online, I usually only had Guild Chat, Whispers, and local (/say & /yell) chat on. That way, I only heard from people I know or at least people near me who might have something important to say. I only looked at more wide-range chat when I absolutely needed to. I'd still have to put up with a few trolls every once and a while, but all I have to do is put them on my ignore list and problem solved.

Voice chat, though? Oy. The consoles have that, and I would hate to play with that enabled. The only situation in which I could see myself using that is when I was roleplaying with a guild and some friends, or maybe dungeon crawling where immediate communication is advantageous. I tended to do more quests, though, and often solo.
--Fulke Greville--

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 30, 2019, 11:13:43 AM
I'm surprised nobody's talking about Kingdom Hearts III finally coming out. Or the Resident Evil 2 remake. I think they both released a few days ago. Personally, I'm a PC guy (master race), and Kingdom Hearts isn't on Steam. lol

I’m just not really interested in KH, always thought it was kind of a dumb premise but if people like you by all means play it and enjoy it. One persons tastes shouldn’t dictate opinion. Except on anthem
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

@Plu I have Met people from online irl and am meeting another in a couple months. Some are nice some are insane. It’s a coin flip
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mr.Obvious

9 months after moving in with my gf, my xbox 360 is still in the basement.
The only games I nowadays sometimes play are a fanmade pokémon game called 'pokemon reborn' and occasionally, when I'm home alone, 'pokémon heartgold' nuzlocke.

I was at a friend's house the other day, though. And we tried to speedrun TMNT: Turtles in Time.
That was fun.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 30, 2019, 01:47:39 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by that. You can use any text document for that. Personally, I'd save my shopping list on my phone, though. It's as easy as saying, "Hey, Google. Add cheese to my shopping list."

"Yes, Master. May want to get pick it up soon, though. The rise of the machines is nigh."

"What?"

"What?"

You want to be Seri's bitch or is that Cortana?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

I've been tempted to set up a Win95 box, just so I can play Jack Nicklaus 6: Golden Bear Challenge again.  That's still the best golf sim I've ever played.  And man, I miss the online tour I used to belong to...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 30, 2019, 11:13:43 AM
I'm surprised nobody's talking about Kingdom Hearts III finally coming out. Or the Resident Evil 2 remake. I think they both released a few days ago. Personally, I'm a PC guy (master race), and Kingdom Hearts isn't on Steam. lol
Those are a big deal to those specific fandoms, but PC gaming is so splintered into different genres and sub-genres that these sorts of games really only have niche appeal.  Same deal with my open-world RPGs and fantasy/scifi strategy games.  Not a whole lot of people know wtf I'm going on about when I talk about the Endless games, for example.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on January 30, 2019, 08:58:43 PM
You want to be Seri's bitch or is that Cortana?

Neither. It's Google Assistant.
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Bought an old Windows 95/98/XP.  on ebay.  To play Civ2. Can't wait...

It arrived yesterday.  I had all the connections but the mouse.  Damn.  Found one on Amazon.  It arrives Monday. 

You MIGHT never see me again, LOL!

Oh of course you will, I could never deprive you of my thoughts forever, right?  But the last time I had access to Civ 2, I stayed up for 36 hours and crashed for 2 days, so you never know.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

I hope Civ 2 makes you more civilized ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Gaming news that makes me feel like I've been taking crazy pills:

QuoteThe world thinks we're making Titanfall 3 and we're not - this is what we're making.

Surprise! It's now official: Respawn's been quietly working on a free-to-play, first person shooter battle royale

A few questions come to mind:
1) Why weren't you forthright about what you were and were not making?
2) Do you know that titanless Titanfall is not in fact Titanfall?
3) Do you think battle royale games will be popular in a year or two?  Are they popular now?
4) Can the market even handle another battle royale game?  I mean, you can't swing a dead cat these days without hitting a battle royale game.  It's reminiscent of the early 2000s MMO rush.  Sure, WoW was a big hit, but for every WoW, there were like 100 Tabula Rasas and Matrix Onlines.
5) What sort of staying power do you think your game will have?

Hydra009

Sounds like they need to invest in some sweet lootboxes.