News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 29, 2019, 04:31:17 AM
When did you last play? Do you think the game was changed to be easier? Not that I am good, just curious.

A little after release, I would Say it was more fleshed out but I was Freezing rapidly in alpha and beta. Once you had the dam you were set basically but the rifle made t easier. That said I tbink It’s a bit hard because everything is available. As a game I feel It’s sligtly better balanced but still not as hard as it was trying to cross the frozen lake in alpha with the rifle and -32 degrees
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 28, 2019, 02:51:08 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic with a tinge of genuine excitement.

I like how the player can make lots of dialogue choices, sometimes avoiding combat altogether.

I also really like how characters can get Flaws, like arachnaphobia, which makes the player weaker against this enemy but gives some sort of bonus.  Good for roleplayers, great for min-maxers.

Although from what I've heard, it's not going to be a giant open world like New Vegas, but instead a series of areas on different worlds like Kotor.  That's not necessarily better or worse, but people who are used to the Fallout games might want to stretch their legs more than this game can provide.

But hey, if this is a hit, that might be in the cards for the sequel.

Given that EA will probably eat bioware I’ll be relying on obsidian for decent stories and games nowadays
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 29, 2019, 09:27:20 PM
A little after release, I would Say it was more fleshed out but I was Freezing rapidly in alpha and beta. Once you had the dam you were set basically but the rifle made t easier. That said I tbink It’s a bit hard because everything is available. As a game I feel It’s sligtly better balanced but still not as hard as it was trying to cross the frozen lake in alpha with the rifle and -32 degrees

OK. Thanks, sweety. x

To me there is defintely a shift on freezing. And also food. There is food everywhere.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on January 13, 2019, 07:37:33 AM
I checked GOG... sorry, it goes back no further than Civilization III, unless you meant Galactic Civilizations II.

I tried downloading Virtual Windows Box onto my mac but I couldn't make it work.  I set up my (seemingly weird Windows 10 desktop) and will try that sometime this week.  Hopefully, a Virtual Windows Box will be easier on a Windows.  All I want to do is play Civ2 LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on January 30, 2019, 04:52:23 AM
I tried downloading Virtual Windows Box onto my mac but I couldn't make it work.  I set up my (seemingly weird Windows 10 desktop) and will try that sometime this week.  Hopefully, a Virtual Windows Box will be easier on a Windows.  All I want to do is play Civ2 LOL!
Have you gone to a store that builds computers and asked them about your problem?  Action Computers in my town will build a computer to your requests--maybe that could be a solution for you.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 30, 2019, 08:59:54 AM
Have you gone to a store that builds computers and asked them about your problem?  Action Computers in my town will build a computer to your requests--maybe that could be a solution for you.

That is definitely my 2nd option.  It seems stupid to want to fix it myself (I like doing things myself) but I'm thinking the easier way with experts with the old hardware could just solve the problem. 

In fact, I think I'll make that my 1st option. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on January 30, 2019, 10:33:18 AM
That is definitely my 2nd option.  It seems stupid to want to fix it myself (I like doing things myself) but I'm thinking the easier way with experts with the old hardware could just solve the problem. 

In fact, I think I'll make that my 1st option.
It seems to me that your frustration level is now so high that going to an expert would be the best solution.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

I'm surprised nobody's talking about Kingdom Hearts III finally coming out. Or the Resident Evil 2 remake. I think they both released a few days ago. Personally, I'm a PC guy (master race), and Kingdom Hearts isn't on Steam. lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Plu

Yeah. As a dedicated PC gamer who mostly plays Indie games, I miss a lot of the big hype news. It seems most of the big companies target consoles exclusively, or primarily with a port to PC. And I never play ports, because you can usually just feel how they weren't designed for the system and it makes them feel clunky.

But I've played plenty of Kingdom Hearts back when we still had a TV and a playstation. It was kinda fun, although more my wife's thing. I liked the "build your own spacecraft and do the rail-shooter thing" though. That was good stuff.

drunkenshoe

He^ makes a very good tank, but he is actually a healer. :)
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

OK. I went to the local Windows computer store about getting a working Win 95/98/XP desktop.  They were spectacularly uninterested but "promised to call about one in a week".

So...  I gave up and ordered one on eBay.  Should arrive in about a week. It seems to meet all the system requirements.  It better work.  LOL!  If I have to play Civ V again with all the creepy-crawly units that won't move where I try to move them, I'm going to use my sledgehammer. 

And Windows 10 is so horribly worse than Mac OSX I might bring out the hammer on THAT!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on January 30, 2019, 12:09:51 PM
OK. I went to the local Windows computer store about getting a working Win 95/98/XP desktop.  They were spectacularly uninterested but "promised to call about one in a week".

So...  I gave up and ordered one on eBay.  Should arrive in about a week. It seems to meet all the system requirements.  It better work.  LOL!  If I have to play Civ V again with all the creepy-crawly units that won't move where I try to move them, I'm going to use my sledgehammer. 

And Windows 10 is so horribly worse than Mac OSX I might bring out the hammer on THAT!

Eh. I'm using Windows 10. So far, it works better for me than Windows 8. It probably depends on what you're trying to do, though. If a program was built for Windows 98, it might work fine on Windows 10, or it might have some issues. But good luck getting a program built for Windows 10 to work on Windows 98.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Plu on January 30, 2019, 11:17:34 AM
Yeah. As a dedicated PC gamer who mostly plays Indie games, I miss a lot of the big hype news. It seems most of the big companies target consoles exclusively, or primarily with a port to PC. And I never play ports, because you can usually just feel how they weren't designed for the system and it makes them feel clunky.

But I've played plenty of Kingdom Hearts back when we still had a TV and a playstation. It was kinda fun, although more my wife's thing. I liked the "build your own spacecraft and do the rail-shooter thing" though. That was good stuff.

I'm eagerly awaiting the remade Spyro trilogy for Steam, as well as Red Dead Redemption 2. The release windows for both are unknown. When it comes to ports, I like to read reviews on them first. Some companies completely suck at porting, while others do a pretty good job doing it. For example, I play Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 on PC. This game was originally released only on PS4, but was ported to XBOX One, PC, and the Switch, with generally good results. What really irritates me is when a game seems so obviously designed around consoles. Like I understand having to go through a list of pre-made messages to communicate in console games, but why can't I just type what I want to say on the PC version? Skyrim also has a UI made for consoles, despite having a huge base of PC players, but at least I can use mods to fix that.
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Bought an old Windows 95/98/XP.  on ebay.  To play Civ2. Can't wait...

And laugh if you want, it means I can also update and print out new shopping lists.

Plu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 30, 2019, 11:51:38 AM
He^ makes a very good tank, but he is actually a healer. :)

Yeah... that was a long time ago, but I still usually pick up the "team-glue" roles in games if they're available. They seem to be very unpopular for the most part.

Quotewhy can't I just type what I want to say on the PC version?

Have you met other people on the internet? I'm not that surprised fewer and fewer games support open chat/mic these days.