News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

And as a fan of movies by Roger Corman, Ed Wood, Bert I Gordon, William Castle and the like, I have a soft spot in my heart (or maybe in my head) for exactly that kind of performance.

Also, I am endlessly entertained that the best coffeehouse here in town is... Stauf's.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

Is there anyone who has played The Long Dark?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 28, 2019, 09:17:59 AM
I've looked at it, but that's it.  I noticed you have been playing it--what is your impression??
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 28, 2019, 09:22:39 AM
I've looked at it, but that's it.  I noticed you have been playing it--what is your impression??

It's good. Simple, plain. You are just fighting against nature. Nothing fantastical. Not even humans to fight. Or if there is a scenario like that I dunno. I found it a bit therapeutic. However, it is often the same thing over and over again.

It's not like you are getting your hands on a weapon and shooting around. Just trying to survive. There is a story and then survival mode you play in different levels, you don't save, you die and it ends.

It's an interesting game, people can learn about themselves. When I first played almost a year ago, I played it very differently. Now very different. LOL weird.

Also I realised they made the game easier. It feels like it was more difficult. May be just a feeling.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Halkenburg

Anyone else hyped as fuck about Cyberpunk 2077? I bought a new gaming PC just for that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvVjkqB3LH0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8

Mike Cl

Quote from: Halkenburg on January 28, 2019, 09:31:25 AM
Anyone else hyped as fuck about Cyberpunk 2077? I bought a new gaming PC just for that game.

I've heard of it and it looks good.  But I've been fooled before.  I'm on Steam and I wait for a game to go live and then wait at least a week to see how Steam players rate it and see if it has a bunch of bugs.  Then, I may get it--or wait for a sale.  The only two I've bought from Steam right out of the box was FO4 and Skyrim. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

I have seen the teaser but not the trailer before. If it is really as good as it seems, it could be the game I'll jump genres as an exception. The Blade Runner in me :p I usually hate futuristic, high tech themes. 

Halkenburg

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 28, 2019, 10:04:56 AM
I've heard of it and it looks good.  But I've been fooled before.  I'm on Steam and I wait for a game to go live and then wait at least a week to see how Steam players rate it and see if it has a bunch of bugs.  Then, I may get it--or wait for a sale.  The only two I've bought from Steam right out of the box was FO4 and Skyrim.

Well, for what it's worth, the developer behind this game made The Witcher 3, one of the best RPGs of all time.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Halkenburg on January 28, 2019, 10:23:56 AM
Well, for what it's worth, the developer behind this game made The Witcher 3, one of the best RPGs of all time.

Yep, sounds good. I loooove Geralt and his world.

drunkenshoe

OK, I tried to frighten a wolf and still the deer he killed, because I survived one wolf attack, but didn't work. I even carried the 8 kg meat with extra heavy gear but died from blood loss. LOOOL And I was in plus good health.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 28, 2019, 09:17:59 AM

I was an alpha and beta tester for it
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

I want the outer worlds
Obsidian  is win
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 28, 2019, 02:21:54 PM
I want the outer worlds
Obsidian  is win
I'm cautiously optimistic with a tinge of genuine excitement.

I like how the player can make lots of dialogue choices, sometimes avoiding combat altogether.

I also really like how characters can get Flaws, like arachnaphobia, which makes the player weaker against this enemy but gives some sort of bonus.  Good for roleplayers, great for min-maxers.

Although from what I've heard, it's not going to be a giant open world like New Vegas, but instead a series of areas on different worlds like Kotor.  That's not necessarily better or worse, but people who are used to the Fallout games might want to stretch their legs more than this game can provide.

But hey, if this is a hit, that might be in the cards for the sequel.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 28, 2019, 02:21:01 PM
I was an alpha and beta tester for it

When did you last play? Do you think the game was changed to be easier? Not that I am good, just curious.