News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Massive protests coming against Red Dead 2?

The game has a scenario where you support a feminist, but allows you to abuse and murder her instead.  SWJs apoplectic!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

so in a game where you can pretty much kill anyone, people are upset because you get the option to shoot a feminist.

Why the special circumstance for her and no one else? They want inclusivity, they gotta take a bullet for the team.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on November 06, 2018, 09:11:27 PM
so in a game where you can pretty much kill anyone, people are upset because you get the option to shoot a feminist.

Why the special circumstance for her and no one else? They want inclusivity, they gotta take a bullet for the team.

Feminist ... curse like a sailor, but be treated like a lady?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

At the Farmers Market with my so-called girlfriend.  She hands me her cell phone, says it's Diablo.  Maaaan, this aint Diablo.  This is a shameless cash grab.  I THREW IT ON THE GROUND!  What, you think I'm stupid?!  I'm not a part of your cash shop.  Diablo's not a mobile app, DUH!

Some predatory POS company hands me Command and Conquer Rivals at a C&C anniversary party.  What you want me to do with this, play it?  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE GROUND.  I boycotted the rest of their games library, too!  WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD, EA!

I'm not a part of your cash shop.  Put that garbage in the trash where it belongs.

Munch

The reaction blizzard fans had for diablo inferno was priceless. Why did they think for a moment that's what players wanted?

These companies trying to sell people cheap ass mobile games when the fans themselves have played their games on pcs or consoles all this time is just insulting, more so when they try to mock fans 'oh you don't have phones?'

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on November 07, 2018, 05:08:46 AM
The reaction blizzard fans had for diablo inferno was priceless. Why did they think for a moment that's what players wanted?

These companies trying to sell people cheap ass mobile games when the fans themselves have played their games on pcs or consoles all this time is just insulting, more so when they try to mock fans 'oh you don't have phones?'

Progress?  What game companies want is what the CIA wants.  Direct brain implants of VR.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

_Xenu_

I can understand why the Diablo crowd is unhappy, but as part of the WCIII crowd I am happy right now. WC!!!: Remastered will be out in 2019 and I can't wait to go back. It even gives me a little hope for WC4.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Munch

Quote from: _Xenu_ on November 07, 2018, 07:20:20 AM
I can understand why the Diablo crowd is unhappy, but as part of the WCIII crowd I am happy right now. WC!!!: Remastered will be out in 2019 and I can't wait to go back. It even gives me a little hope for WC4.

Wouldn't world of Warcraft have to end first before wc4 happens? And wow is such a cash cow for blizzard they've used up all their interesting lore on wow itself, leaving nothing for a wc4

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on October 26, 2018, 03:45:28 PM
Red Dead Redemption II came out today.  There are positive reviews done by some of the writers of game magazines who have played part way through, but it's still early.  I'll guess that some of these reviews were written by the manufacturer and given out as last minute hype.  Still I have high hopes for this one, and there are reasons to believe it will be good.  First, it's done by Rock Star using a kind of Grand Theft Auto sandbox, and second, the old west makes for a great setting that has wonderful opportunities that can be utilized by an FPS game.  Also, the first one was very good.

I haven't seen a bad review over here yet. People are crazy about it so far. It also seems that adult males are playing. Just an observation. That tells me it is really, realistic as it could be and bloodshed good. LOL

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GrinningYMIR

I already bought WC remastered and I’m eager to play classic wow. Ironic that two of the games I’m looking forward to the most are essentially old games
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 07, 2018, 11:22:37 AM
I haven't seen a bad review over here yet. People are crazy about it so far. It also seems that adult males are playing. Just an observation. That tells me it is really, realistic as it could be and bloodshed good. LOL
I've been playing it for a week or two.  It's not as great as the first one.  The scenery is improved, the animals are somewhat improved, but only in some respects.  The elk aren't as well proportioned, but they act more like animals in real life, well sometimes.  I've been knocked down by an angry deer and even an antelope.  What's with that?

I don't see the feminism yet.  There's one gal in camp that is an Annie Oakley type and is out for revenge on the gang that killed her husband.  Maybe that's what the fuss is about, but the rest of the women are pretty much stereotypical ladies.  The Annie Oakley one and the one that comes in to the bath at the hotel and washes you down are the most interesting ones so far.  I don't understand the feminism concerns.  Why would it be an issue for gamers after 4 Laura Croft: Tomb Raider games have been so wildly popular?

For some reason, I don't feel compelled to binge through the missions.  They tend to be longer and more drawn out, and I'm still fumbling a bit with the controller.  I could be at this for another two weeks.  It's a good way to pass the time, but not to the point of being "addictive."  Isn't that the word that gamers use to describe a really good game?  That's kind of how I measure a game too.  I get how being addictive speaks for a game.

Baruch

The suffragette who hangs out at the drug store? and is very annoying every time you try to buy supplies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on November 07, 2018, 12:17:43 PM
I've been playing it for a week or two.  It's not as great as the first one.  The scenery is improved, the animals are somewhat improved, but only in some respects.  The elk aren't as well proportioned, but they act more like animals in real life, well sometimes.  I've been knocked down by an angry deer and even an antelope.  What's with that?

I don't see the feminism yet.  There's one gal in camp that is an Annie Oakley type and is out for revenge on the gang that killed her husband.  Maybe that's what the fuss is about, but the rest of the women are pretty much stereotypical ladies.  The Annie Oakley one and the one that comes in to the bath at the hotel and washes you down are the most interesting ones so far.  I don't understand the feminism concerns.  Why would it be an issue for gamers after 4 Laura Croft: Tomb Raider games have been so wildly popular?

For some reason, I don't feel compelled to binge through the missions.  They tend to be longer and more drawn out, and I'm still fumbling a bit with the controller.  I could be at this for another two weeks.  It's a good way to pass the time, but not to the point of being "addictive."  Isn't that the word that gamers use to describe a really good game?  That's kind of how I measure a game too.  I get how being addictive speaks for a game.

The animal agression could be a thing about getting realistic about nature. You know 'hey even the plant eaters were wild. You don't know the real world blah blah' lol...etc.

There is feminism in it?! What is the last definition of feminism? I lost track longtime ago. Killing your husband is usually murder, was that different in those times? I doubt it. If it is realistic, what kind of feminism could exist in that period? Killing men? What did men do? Looks like a red pill review. LOL   
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on November 07, 2018, 12:16:49 PM
I already bought WC remastered and I’m eager to play classic wow. Ironic that two of the games I’m looking forward to the most are essentially old games

*shrug* i replayed final fantasy 9 on steam a few months back, had a blast replaying it.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on November 07, 2018, 05:08:46 AM

You mean Diablo Immortal? I'm not a Diablo fan, but I don't get the hate. Why can't people enjoy both the main series on PC and consoles plus the mobile games on the side? The Elder Scrolls is getting a mobile game too, but fans of TES didn't seem mad about that. After all, it wasn't like it was taking time away from development on TESVI. We're just getting something extra to tide us over for the long...looooong wait we have for the main game to be completed. How is this Diablo mobile game any different?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--