News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Cavebear on June 28, 2018, 09:31:59 PM
Congrats, and I have NO idea what any of those mean, LOL!  But it seems to be an accomplishment, so, great.

They’re free game codes on steam that he posted out of niceness, if you apply them on steam you get the game for free. Though they c an only be used once
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on June 29, 2018, 12:38:32 PM
I think when I get home tonight, I'm gonna fire up the ol' PS2.  I'm in the mood for some retrogaming.  I might even dig out the cheat codes for GTA and just raise merry mayhem.

Some of the best games...  And that reminds me I want to visit the local Windows repair shop and get some 32 bit old thing that will play Civ2.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on July 02, 2018, 02:59:01 AM
Some of the best games...  And that reminds me I want to visit the local Windows repair shop and get some 32 bit old thing that will play Civ2.
I'm not sure what version of Windows you're running, but have you tried compatibility mode with it?  Also, I know Good Old Games has Civ III and Civ IV, wrapperized to run under modern Windows systems -- I got The 7th Guest/The 11th Hour and Starship Titanic from them, and they run great on my Win7 box.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

GrinningYMIR

Stems fund cob 3 and 4 well, I bought the complete version for 2 bucks one day. For all it’s faults cig : is my favorite
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on July 02, 2018, 10:48:33 AM
I'm not sure what version of Windows you're running, but have you tried compatibility mode with it?  Also, I know Good Old Games has Civ III and Civ IV, wrapperized to run under modern Windows systems -- I got The 7th Guest/The 11th Hour and Starship Titanic from them, and they run great on my Win7 box.

Thanks, but I want Civ2.

Sal1981

gog.com doesn't have Civilization 2, oldest they got is Civilization 3.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 24, 2018, 09:37:13 AM
For me that can be quite the dance.  I have purchased games that I really liked and then not liked them so much.  On the other hand, I've gotten some gems.  I'm not doing the dance right now, for I purchased two games last month--they were on special.  So, I will wait for another big sale.  Good luck in your dance. :)
I got Road Redemption (similar to Road Rash), Everspace, Walking Dead New Frontier, and the Endless Space 2 Vaulters expansion+DLC

The journey will be dangerous, sometimes deadly, but we go forth without fear or ignorance, for courage and honor are the bywords of the Vaulters.

Sal1981

Played the heck out of X-COM: Enemy Unknown.

Played way past into the next day on the first day(s). Now I got the Avengers craft and only need to capture that elusive alien commander from an alien base.

Hydra009

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 07, 2018, 06:11:20 PM
Played the heck out of X-COM: Enemy Unknown.

Played way past into the next day on the first day(s). Now I got the Avengers craft and only need to capture that elusive alien commander from an alien base.
I loved how that game kept you in the dark about the aliens.

At the beginning, you have no way to gauge anything and you have only interceptors and rifles to rely on.  You have to piece together everything yourself, getting hit with a lot of difficulties and setbacks on the way (only the truly brave capture chrysalis alive).  And once you learn the aliens' intent, things ramp up - base invasions, ethereal battleships, etc.  It's a wild ride.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on July 02, 2018, 10:48:33 AM

Newest Mac platform just won't allow it. 

_Xenu_

Quote from: Cavebear on July 09, 2018, 03:40:29 AM
Newest Mac platform just won't allow it. 
I'm currently running High Sierra, about 400 of my 700 Steam games are compatible in theory. In practice, I sometimes get a message they aren't optimized for my system and need updates. Most of those still run though.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

GrinningYMIR

Hydra009

I love the new Endless Space 2 content.  The problem is now there's almost a bit too much stuff going on.

*hits end turn button*
Planet IX produces 3 gala-class cruisers!
Exploration of Planet X reveals [NOTHING]
Apprehend Pirate King Xerxes in 9 turns or fail this quest!
Produce over 9000 food in 3 turns or fail this quest!
Produce over 900 science per turn on Planet IX and receive 9 widgets!
Planet Rakis being invaded!
At the trans-galactic gala, do we gift the Pirate Queen Zeras a cyberbear or a mechapuppy?
Bank 900 gold in 2 turns or fail this quest!
Oh, and some lunatic is going to usher in the end times unless we send forces to these 6 locations on the map and park them there for 6 turns and fight off the lunatic's zealots.  Just a heads up.
Researched widgets.  Click here to learn more!
(page 1 of 5)

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 12, 2018, 12:48:40 AM
I love the new Endless Space 2 content.  The problem is now there's almost a bit too much stuff going on.

*hits end turn button*
Planet IX produces 3 gala-class cruisers!
Exploration of Planet X reveals [NOTHING]
Apprehend Pirate King Xerxes in 9 turns or fail this quest!
Produce over 9000 food in 3 turns or fail this quest!
Produce over 900 science per turn on Planet IX and receive 9 widgets!
Planet Rakis being invaded!
At the trans-galactic gala, do we gift the Pirate Queen Zeras a cyberbear or a mechapuppy?
Bank 900 gold in 2 turns or fail this quest!
Oh, and some lunatic is going to usher in the end times unless we send forces to these 6 locations on the map and park them there for 6 turns and fight off the lunatic's zealots.  Just a heads up.
Researched widgets.  Click here to learn more!
(page 1 of 5)

'Endless' space 2

What did you expect? :p
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

With on-line games I suspect that there is an asshole teenager at the other end, a gaming control center, where on a lark, twists the game parameters ... just when you think you are getting ahead!  Never had this problem with CD or cartridge games.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.