News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Xenu_

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on May 31, 2017, 01:02:01 AM
Was wandering around Gamestop today and bought Valkyria Chronicles Remastered for the PS4. This game is now eating my life.
Let me know if you manage to get past the part with the tank. You will know when you get there.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: _Xenu_ on May 31, 2017, 05:35:59 AM
Let me know if you manage to get past the part with the tank. You will know when you get there.
I watched a Let's Play of this game a long time ago. I know what I'm in for. ;)
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Cavebear on May 31, 2017, 10:24:23 AM
Do board games count?

We had a specific thread for that.
But I guess we got bored with it.
No pun intended.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 31, 2017, 12:09:28 PM
We had a specific thread for that.
But I guess we got bored with it.
No pun intended.

Pity.  I love board games.  Playing a game online is not the same thing as sitting across a table from an opponent and watching the reaction to your moves.  Oh, I do fine online at Risk and Scrabble and chess, but it isn't the same.  And there are no real-world game clubs anywhere near me.

Checkmating someone online is not the same as seeing the dawning horror on the opponents face as they see the end coming.  I miss that.  I might just as well play a computer.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 31, 2017, 01:01:26 PM
Pity.  I love board games.  Playing a game online is not the same thing as sitting across a table from an opponent and watching the reaction to your moves.  Oh, I do fine online at Risk and Scrabble and chess, but it isn't the same.  And there are no real-world game clubs anywhere near me.

Checkmating someone online is not the same as seeing the dawning horror on the opponents face as they see the end coming.  I miss that.  I might just as well play a computer.

According to materialism, you are a computer, playing other computers.  Wetware.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

When you think about it, wasn't Dr robotnik kind of the hero of the sonic games?

The theme at first from sonics perspective was how the evil dr robotnik wanted to gain power, turn all innocent critters into robots, steal the chaos emeralds and master emerald, and all over shenanigans.

But consider, what was sonics main diet after the first game? Chili dogs.  And what are these made from? Why veal and pork. So sonics main diet consists of the flesh of those baby animals he 'saved' in the original games. All robotnik wanted to do was give them protective suits to stand a chance against sonics onslaught of baby animals for food.

Robotnik wanted to get the chaos emeralds and master emerald away from sonic, not to rule the world, but to protect all life on the planet when sonic goes super.

Infact, robotnik was going to be the original hero in place of sonic, to rival mario, but they shifted him to the antagonist.

He takes after hus grandfather, who was a kindly scientist manipulated by the government.

Quote"Gerald Robotnik was one of the most brilliant and gifted scientist the world has ever known and was immensely adored and respected by his grandson, who dedicated his life to becoming a great scientist like him. However, despite Gerald having nothing but the purest intentions to use his genius to better humanity and his family (specifically his granddaughter, Maria), he was brutally manipulated by the government into producing research that they hoped to twist and exploit towards their own ends to create weapons of mass destruction and even discover the secrets of immortality. When they deemed Gerald's research too dangerous, they viciously murdered all his colleagues, arrested him, and killed his twelve year old granddaughter, who was also a cousin to Eggman, simply to cover the truth about the research and experiments. Forced to continue his experiments under direct military control within a prison facility, Gerald completely lost everything to live for and went insane, eventually being executed by the military under government orders to keep their crimes quiet once they deemed his research a failure"

https://www.gamecrate.com/5-reasons-dr-robotnik-actually-hero/10307

So him being pissed off seems to come from having his family destroyed by the government, and him wanted to overthrow it. Its also suggested in the same article that never has he tried to do something brash like destroy the world, and has even joined up with sonic to help defend it from a major threat.

So, lets just give a pause for dear underestimated Dr robotnik.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hijiri Byakuren

No Man's Sky is selling for pretty cheap right now. $24 on Steam for the summer sale, and used PS4 copies cheaper than that. Anyone wanna go exploring with me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 23, 2017, 02:48:44 PM
No Man's Sky is selling for pretty cheap right now. $24 on Steam for the summer sale, and used PS4 copies cheaper than that. Anyone wanna go exploring with me?

Was that a joke? lol. You can't play with others, unless they changed that in an update. I can't support that game after how they blantantly promised way more than they delivered.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 23, 2017, 04:24:58 PM
Was that a joke? lol. You can't play with others, unless they changed that in an update. I can't support that game after how they blantantly promised way more than they delivered.
You can't quite play with actual people yet, but you can use their bases. There's huge "hubs" that have cropped up where people are sharing bases while painstakingly exploring a particular sector of the galaxy.

As far as the broken promises go, I kinda missed the bus on that. First I heard of the game was stumbling upon it in the PS4 store a day before release. Bought it based on the description there, which actually described the game pretty accurately. I agree that it was shitty of them to promise so much and not deliver, but it's kind of hard for me to be mad about something I wasn't even aware of at the time. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on May 31, 2017, 01:01:26 PMPity.  I love board games.
Same here.  Tabletop, too.  But scheduling this stuff can be tough.

I rarely get a chance to sit a couple other people down who are willing/able to play.  A friend of mine who used to be pretty reliable now only has enough of an attention span to learn the rules before immediately quitting and my schedule is erratic right now.

I play card games with the family over Christmas/Revelion.  They're open to playing new card/board games if and only if 1) it's exciting 2) relatively easy to learn 3) it's not simplistic/boring 4) it doesn't take more than 30 min to play.

Baruch

Is declining attention span due to our advanced electronic tools/toys?  If so, will the average attention span shrink to that of a gnat?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

I dunno if I mentioned this before, but Endless Space 2 has been a blast to play lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBo-4f3b90o

This needs to be an open-world RPG/FPS.  This franchise could be the next Mass Effect.

Shiranu

It sucks when a fandom turns you off a well reviewed game, like is happening to me with Undertale. I don't care for the art style, I am not impressed with the gameplay, but the worst part is the fans of the game hyped it up so much to me and then got enraged when I said it looked, "Okay.".

Seriously, fuck Undertale. If you like it, that's great, but people who liked it too much ruined it for me. It crossed the point from, "Okay, that's kinda annoying but I get you really like it." to, "Jesus christ bob, shut the fuck up, no one carrreeeeeees."
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Really, really getting into Prey (Summer sale, made it only $39...). It is basically Bioshock 1 in space so far...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur