News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 26, 2017, 09:53:02 AMSo I drank a bottle of courage and added SKSE--that was okay.  Then added SkyUI, and that went well.  Now running 30 mods.  Took another step and joined Nexus.  I have yet to download a mod from there, but will today.  Will probably experiment with nexus mods for a couple of days, and then re-start skyrim with a batch of new and wonderous mods!
Yay!  SkyUI is a much better interface, imho.  And a ton of great mods have SKSE as a perquisite.

With Nexus mod manager, it's a pretty painless to install new mods.  Just click "download (NMM)" and it'll do just that.  Nexus mod manager has two tabs:  plugins and mods.  When you download new mods, they'll appear grayed out in the mod section.  90% of the time, you just have to select, activate, and it's no longer grayed out.  Sometimes, you'll get an installation window asking you to select specific mod features to activate.  Other times, the mod will stay grayed out in the mod tab but the new mod will appear on the plugins tab and you just have to check the box there.  For the most part, it's pretty straightforward.

LOOT is really awesome because it checks mod incompatibilities and also sorts your mod load order so there's less of a chance for a mod interfering with another mod.  It sure beats having to do that stuff manually.

Shiranu

Literally no games for the next month or so until I can get this fucking cast off. Kill me now please.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on March 26, 2017, 04:04:48 PMLiterally no games for the next month or so until I can get this fucking cast off. Kill me now please.
Mobile gaming?  Zero player games? (watching bots duke it out)

I've actually sometimes had a great time watching bots fight each other in RTS and real-time 4X games.

Hijiri Byakuren

So... Clicker Heroes. One of them there "idle games." Even I do not understand my own fascination with games whose only goal is to make the number go up, and yet here we are.

Anyway, I have a clan called "People Eating Tasty Animals." Tell me your in-game username, and I'll let you in. :D
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Sorginak

The only game I play is on my tablet.  The Simpsons: Tapped Out.  Been playing it for a long time, finally over level 100. 

Hydra009

I hear you guys on the mobile games.  I've been enjoying the hell of out Warhammer 40k Storm of Vengeance.  Great Game.  I highly recommend.

Despite my love for PC games, there have been some pretty disappointing releases lately.  I've been thinking about switching over to Xbox and picking up Halo 5.  It's been a while since I've been in Master Chief's shoes, and it'd be nice to relive that experience.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 01, 2017, 02:50:05 AM
I hear you guys on the mobile games.  I've been enjoying the hell of out Warhammer 40k Storm of Vengeance.  Great Game.  I highly recommend.

Despite my love for PC games, there have been some pretty disappointing releases lately.  I've been thinking about switching over to Xbox and picking up Halo 5.  It's been a while since I've been in Master Chief's shoes, and it'd be nice to relive that experience.

Already have my copy of DOW3 preorderd
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on April 01, 2017, 03:10:20 AMAlready have my copy of DOW3 preorderd
Meh, it looks pretty bad imho.  The semi-cartoony style really rubs me the wrong way and the gratuitous use of particle effects is annoying.  Plus, no kill syncs, no cover mechanics, and no Chaos.  Complete deal-breaker.  It's not even a DoW game to me.

Honestly, I'm thinking about hanging up my hat on RTS/4X games in general.  I've enjoyed my time playing them, but it gets pretty samey after a while.  I'm thinking about getting into FPS and survival horror instead.

_Xenu_

Free Steam Key

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=ZWTxy2ntM5rxEM4h

Please let me know when this has been claimed.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

Just letting you guys know that almost everything I said here on April Fools Day isn't my actual opinion.  I'm not a fan of mobile gaming, especially Storm of Vengeance (arguably the worst 40k game in existence).

I also have no intention of giving up PC gaming and buying an Xbox.  That'll be the day.  Also, I'm quite happy with a lot of the latest PC releases.

I wasn't completely BSing Dawn of War 3 - I genuinely think they went overboard with the particle effects, I wish it had kill syncs and cover mechanics, and I'm genuinely not happy that Chaos isn't one of the starting factions.  But I am cautiously optimistic about this game.  I doubt it'll be amazing, but it could definitely be good.  We'll see.

Sal1981

Had a nostalgia flip and played Dungeon Keeper 1 all night. Goddamn I'm tired.

GrinningYMIR

I have to admit liara's message to Ryder at the end of andromeda is heartbreaking.

"Please remember us. Tell your children of what once was. This is doctor liara t'soni. Signing off"
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hijiri Byakuren

AI War: Fleet Command. The tutorial kicked my ass yesterday. The fucking tutorial!

When the developers said the AI will fuck you up if you get overconfident, they weren't kidding. I tried attacking the homeworld, and not only did I barely scratch anything, but the ships on patrol there decided to go on tour. It did not end well for me.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

Binge playing Endless Space 2, Endless Legend and Crusader Kings 2 as my wrist gets better and I can operate the mouse. I know CK2 isn't hard, and it's probably really easy once you know what you're doing, but I am trying to start as a small Scandinavian culture that maintains it's pagan roots and has an army capable of holding the Christians off well into the turn of the millennium. Right now, I am just getting fucked by either Sweden or Denmark and having my country fall apart because of children. Might start sacrificing my wife to Hel, but I want to keep it somewhat realistic so only doing something like that maybe once or twice every 10+ generations.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GrinningYMIR

Having played and beaten mass effect andromeda on insanity and now starting an NG plus run I can say that it was a good game. Very good. The original trilogy set the bar really high, and it is better. But MEA was good too, not perfect but a lot of fun and worth the money. I felt attatched to the characters and Ryder, and I was very fond of peebee. The kett are nothing next  to the reapers of course, and I kinda wish I could romance Lexi, but still. Good

Pros: combat is fluid and not super amount of bugs
Good story
Diverse conversations
Telling a kett bitch that you'll "fuck her shit up"
Peebee's awesome tits
Cons: faces same for asari
Buggy start
Story weaker than original trilogy
No cities

All in all: 7.5 pre patch
8.0 post patch

Looking forward to dlc. Worth 60 I paid for it on prime

Hopefully reapers reappearing one day