News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 31, 2016, 08:57:40 PM
Thanks, Hydra.  I am most assuredly interested.  It is on my 'wishlist' now to remind me to pick it up.  It will be a little bit, but I'm sure I'll give it a go; I have a new game I downloaded, but have not gotten to yet.  So, after I play that one a bit, I'll do Endless 2.  Thanks again.
Don't feel rushed, it'll be in early access for quite a while longer and new features will be added throughout.  I was just reading the devs' to-do list.  The game is currently in phase 1 out of 4 phases.  They plan on changing and adding a tremendous amount of content.  I'm gushing about the tip of an iceberg!  This game should be amazing at full release.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 31, 2016, 09:13:59 PM
Don't feel rushed, it'll be in early access for quite a while longer and new features will be added throughout.  I was just reading the devs' to-do list.  The game is currently in phase 1 out of 4 phases.  They plan on changing and adding a tremendous amount of content.  I'm gushing about the tip of an iceberg!  This game should be amazing at full release.
I have joined one game in early access.  Dayz.  It is still--years later--in early access.  At least it wasn't much, so I'm not out much.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

This is why I still play warcraft.

Pure beefcake.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on January 02, 2017, 12:15:27 PM

Pure beefcake.

I liked the setting and artwork, but the game itself was kinda hit-and-miss with me. Little annoyances like durability loss, corpse-running, and ninja looting.  Then there's farming mats, tediously farming Timbermaw rep, LFG at Orgrimmar for a couple hours for epix at low drop rates only to have the raid fall apart right after the first wipe.  They fixed a lot of that stuff eventually, but I had already moved on by that time.  It was a barrel of fun parceled with tedium and frustration, unfortunately.

Hijiri Byakuren

Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity for the PS4. Finished playing Remilia's route awhile back, slowly working through Sakuya's route. Gameplay's kinda repetitive, but the boss battles are good and the game does a good job of transitioning the "bullet hell" element into an RPG/Adventure format. I will note that I found Remilia to be much easier to control, simply because after jumping she can sort of glide a short distance; very helpful for dodging attacks and navigating the platforming segments.

Oh, and just a tip: hold onto those items you pick up. You'll be able to sell them once you gain access to Kourindou, which acts as the game's shop (and, oddly, doesn't unlock until about 1/3 of the way through the story).

Also a warning: the bonus boss is HELL, and level-grinding really isn't an option because you're only around level 60 when you meet her, and you'd have to be something like level 90 for it to be an even fight. Only way I've found to beat her is grind up to level 65 and get good with Remilia's ranged spells; particularly the explosive ones. It's tempting to use the Laevatin spell you gain from a side-quest, but the bonus boss can melee you in like 3 hits, so it's really not worth attempting.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

kilodelta

Quote from: Munch on January 02, 2017, 12:15:27 PM

Pure beefcake.

This is why I played:

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

kilodelta

I love how accurately they depict Gandhi with his multiple personality disorder.

(Part of my all India game)
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Hydra009

After playing for a while, I found some weird stuff going on in Endless Space 2.

Planets often have anomalies - basically, random bonuses or penalties associated with the planet.  The most common anomalies involve a planet's moons:  moonless, single moon, two moons, multiple moons.  Kind of a broad definition of the word "anomaly".

Also, a gas giant cannot plausibly have "rich soil" or be "mineral rich".

My headcanon is that some overzealous bureaucrat is mislabeling normal stuff as anomalies.  While the other bureaucrats are writing reports about actual anomalies - a permanent monsoon, hellgourds, mountains-on-a-cobb - this guy labels canadian geese, grass, and either the presence or absence of moons as anomalous.  He's a menace.

Nonsensei

Been playing the Diablo 1 HD remake mod. Its fucking great. If you liked D1 this mod will revive it for you.

Warning though, its fairly difficult. They made a lot of changed to the game based on featured in Diablo 2 as well.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Shiranu

On that note... just got into Elysium (the Vanilla World of Warcraft server). You have no idea the nostalgia I am going through right now.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Nonsensei on January 07, 2017, 08:47:51 AM
Been playing the Diablo 1 HD remake mod. Its fucking great. If you liked D1 this mod will revive it for you.

Warning though, its fairly difficult. They made a lot of changed to the game based on featured in Diablo 2 as well.
Loved Diablo 2, the Expansion.  Played the hell out of it trying to get all those damned armor sets.  Got to as high as level 92 necromancer--loved my skeleton hordes. :)  I liked D1, but not as much as 2.  And hated D3!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hijiri Byakuren

Skyrim players: should I or should I not kill Mario Paarthurnax? On the one hand, I wanna be a good and loyal citizen of the empire. On the other hand...  Mario Paarthurnax is a bro.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 08, 2017, 12:24:08 AM
Skyrim players: should I or should I not kill Mario Paarthurnax? On the one hand, I wanna be a good and loyal citizen of the empire. On the other hand...  Mario Paarthurnax is a bro.

Do you need Greybeards? If yes, don't kill him. If I am not mistaken you don't get to have an access to Greybeards if you kill him. Paarthurnax is a helper. I think that blades woman and the old man likes you? I haven't so I don't really know. Probably, kids have listed what if you do and what if you don't. Check it. Could be strongly game altering.   
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

I never kill him.

Hydra009

There's no good answer to that one.  I've tried it both ways and I preferred letting him live.