News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV from waaaaaay back

Started by trdsf, February 04, 2019, 09:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 04, 2020, 01:44:48 PM
I liked that one as well--but upon further reflection I find I really feel sorry for the character.

Yeah, pretty sad! I also like one called The Hunt, about an old guy and his dog.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 04, 2020, 02:25:34 PM
He was smug, didn't give a damn about every other person on Earth being killed. Comeuppance executed.

I'd've probably do the same thing he did - but I don't need glasses to read.
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 02:29:15 PM
Yeah, pretty sad! I also like one called The Hunt, about an old guy and his dog.
Yeah, gotta get past the slick one.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 04, 2020, 02:24:41 PM
Read the short story before I ever heard of TZ doing it.
Did not realize it was a short story--google search here I come. :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Saw The Flying Nun on acid. Didn't help.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Yeah, looking back on that, it was a really stupid show!  LOL
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 30, 2020, 07:12:41 PM
I quite agree.  But then most sit com's are really stupid.  even as a kid, I grew to hate the stupid laugh tracks. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 30, 2020, 07:12:41 PM
I remember The Flying Nun, which weirded me out a little as a kid because I was raised Catholic and the nuns at our school didn't fly... but then, they also didn't have such weird headgear.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

How come she was the only one who could fly, and how did she keep the hat thingy on her head? 
God Not Found

Unbeliever

I'm not sure which was the more stupid, the Flying Nun or My Mother the Car.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 30, 2020, 07:22:05 PM
How come she was the only one who could fly, and how did she keep the hat thingy on her head?
The "official" reason was the headgear (ostensibly strapped on) and that she supposedly weighed less than 90 pounds.  I weighed less than 90 pounds when this show was on, and even with a jacket fully spread out I couldn't get off the ground.  First time a nun lied to me...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Probably not the last time...
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Thing is, she was flying in the Caribbean, IIRC, in the '60s. My friends on the guided missile cruisers would have shot her down just so they could determine she wasn't a threat to democracy.
PZ Myers