News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV from waaaaaay back

Started by trdsf, February 04, 2019, 09:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on August 13, 2019, 02:26:32 AM
Oooohhh, I haven't seen The Avengers in *ages*... I think I need to correct that.

Ah...  Mrs Peale...  I knew of her when I was too young.  And now I'm too old.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on August 13, 2019, 02:44:15 AM
Ah...  Mrs Peale...  I knew of her when I was too young.  And now I'm too old.
None of the sidekicks did anything for me... I loved the sci-fi aspects.  Of course, I only saw it in syndication; it was usually on around the same time as UFO (which series I also loved).
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on August 14, 2019, 06:53:00 PM
None of the sidekicks did anything for me... I loved the sci-fi aspects.  Of course, I only saw it in syndication; it was usually on around the same time as UFO (which series I also loved).

You may be missing a point about sidekicks.  I don't mean Robin to Batman or any of the DC types just a younger version of the main character.  A proper sidekick both complements the main character and demonstrates some weak points and sometimes they "step up".
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

"The Twilight Zone" is on Netflix now.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sal1981

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

LoriPinkAngel

One of the cable channels I get always has a Twilight Zone Marathon on New Year's Day.

Minimalist

https://youtu.be/hxIuIxqo2So

I still love Rossini's Overture to William Tell. 
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Gawdzilla Sama

I remember my utter surprise that that music wasn't solely used by the Lone Ranger.
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Minimalist on December 21, 2019, 12:17:43 AM
https://youtu.be/hxIuIxqo2So

I still love Rossini's Overture to William Tell.
Watched  my first Lone Ranger shows on the radio.  And it was in full color.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 21, 2019, 07:45:01 AM
I remember my utter surprise that that music wasn't solely used by the Lone Ranger.

Never got a coon skin cap watching reruns of the Daniel Boone show.  A bit younger than you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 21, 2019, 07:45:01 AM

The bad news is that the opera is no where near as good as the overture.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Gawdzilla Sama

It's like sitting through the 9th to hear the Ode to Joy.
PZ Myers