News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV from waaaaaay back

Started by trdsf, February 04, 2019, 09:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Didn't the movie end up with a supernatural explanation?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 23, 2019, 07:31:06 PM
I don't recall.  And I even went to see it.  I'm a lot less familiar with the recent incarnations of it than I was with the original run.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 23, 2019, 07:31:06 PM

Didn't see it either.  But as a twist on the original, it did have demonic possession.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 23, 2019, 03:25:09 PM
Yeah, me too! I always did think it was weird that they were bathing in their water tank. LOL
Later I figured out that the water was pumped up there during slack electrical usage periods, late at night and such, and was solely for filling the reservoirs on the steam loco.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

I like Arnold Ziffel the best out of all of them. Mr. Haney was maybe the funniest of the bunch, though.
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: LoriPinkAngel on March 24, 2019, 12:54:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gzTRwnFmFM
Without a shadow of a doubt, my favorite actor in this series (which I watched quite a bit of) was Arnold the Pig!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0K_INetpzM

And Arnold was probably smarter than the whole bunch of them! LOL
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 24, 2019, 06:39:55 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt, my favorite actor in this series (which I watched quite a bit of) was Arnold the Pig!!!
You know he was gay, right?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 24, 2019, 08:21:19 PM
You know he was gay, right?
I'm pretty sure he was a two-way pig.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 22, 2019, 10:20:38 PM
I remember the show fondly; it was in syndication either on channel 20 or channel 50 (I don't recall which) in the mid-70s, and was a Gerry Anderson show -- the man responsible for Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, and later Space: 1999.

In Boston, we had Brother Bob (The grass in always greener on the other fellow's yard), a kindly Captain Kangeroo type.  He used a mailbox as his opening I think.  In VA we had some space-guy show.  I got on it once.  Really local stuff, I assume.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on March 25, 2019, 02:50:37 AM
In Boston, we had Brother Bob (The grass in always greener on the other fellow's yard), a kindly Captain Kangeroo type.  He used a mailbox as his opening I think.  In VA we had some space-guy show.  I got on it once.  Really local stuff, I assume.
In Toledo, there were three choices: WSPD had "Uncle Ben's General Store" sporadically from the 60s to the 80s (with at least two different Uncle Bens -- the only videos I've been able to find are from the 80s with a much younger Uncle Ben than I remember as a kid, and as I recall, the original one was one of their newscasters), WDHO briefly had a mad scientist themed kid's show that I only remember because I was on it (and they dispensed with it when they signed up as an ABC outlet so it ran for not much more than a year, if that), and WTOL had "Patches and Pockets" that ran from '71 to '89.

I miss local programming -- all there is anymore is the news, and sometimes a morning (news) show.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

I have fond memories of this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BENTL3DY1lk
God Not Found

Baruch

I think I remember Topper primarily as a movie.  Gary Grant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt1UDSilFxg

In your clip the ad is for Camel cigarettes.  My dad's favorite.  The package spiking my interest in the Middle East.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah, Camels are 50 & 8/10 better! LOL
God Not Found