News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV from waaaaaay back

Started by trdsf, February 04, 2019, 09:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 20, 2019, 01:21:21 PM
I don't remember that at all, but it looks pretty good. I think I'd've remembered the lady with the purple hair!

I first encountered this about 10 years ago on Youtube.  Thought the purple haired girl in the miniskirt was groovy!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

You bet your sweet bippy she was! LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 04, 2019, 10:56:28 PM
Does anybody else remember Range Rider?  I would be surprised if anybody else does remember it.

I looked it up in case it sparked a memory.  Nope.  It was apparently even before MY time, and before we had a TV.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on March 21, 2019, 04:23:26 AM
I looked it up in case it sparked a memory.  Nope.  It was apparently even before MY time, and before we had a TV.
I remember The Range Rider from '52 or '53 when the family got it's first TV.  I think that was a little before your time.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 21, 2019, 09:21:29 AM
I remember The Range Rider from '52 or '53 when the family got it's first TV.  I think that was a little before your time.

Not me either.  But I did watch The Cisco Kid in reruns.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 21, 2019, 07:27:03 PM
Not me either.  But I did watch The Cisco Kid in reruns.
I listened to the Cisco Kid on the radio and watched him on black and white tv.  I loved that in the mid '60's The Cisco Kid was the grand marshal of the Chico State Pioneer Day's parade! 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Finally, someome older than me...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 20, 2019, 01:21:21 PM
I don't remember that at all, but it looks pretty good. I think I'd've remembered the lady with the purple hair!
I remember the show fondly; it was in syndication either on channel 20 or channel 50 (I don't recall which) in the mid-70s, and was a Gerry Anderson show -- the man responsible for Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, and later Space: 1999.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

I'll see your F Troop, and raise you a Petticoat Junction!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRhi8Tk9nNE

The girls were really pretty, but I always liked Uncle Joe the best.
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

I sometimes wondered if that was the drinking water.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Yeah, me too! I always did think it was weird that they were bathing in their water tank. LOL
God Not Found

Baruch

Just another attempt to feminize the population with their estrogen discharge ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Hard to believe, but Scooby Doo is 50 this year.  I used to hate that show until I realized that beneath all the cheap animation and cheaper jokes... the answer was never the supernatural one.  There was always a rational explanation -- it was never a ghost, alien, or monster.  It was the janitor or groundskeeper or the owner of the amusement park.

Okay, yeah, well, there was a (semi-)talking dog.  I figure most of the show was from Shaggy's viewpoint, and Bob knows I've been wasted enough to have a conversation with a pet before.  And then the buzz wears off and the rational explanation comes along.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan