News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV from waaaaaay back

Started by trdsf, February 04, 2019, 09:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Wow, I'd forgotten all about that series until I heard the music! I still don't remember it, but the music is definitely familiar.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Unbeliever

That one was so much fun, I thought I'd post another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_Xu-54ak8

I've always though June Lockhart was so beautiful!

Too bad Dr.Smith didn't make it, but at least the bubble-headed booby did.
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Lost in Space--I hated that show from the moment I first saw it--especially the brat kid!  Even as a kid and I wanted to watch TV and that show was on (we had only one station then), I went to my room and played with my tinker toys instead of watch that shit.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Well, I only watched it for June Lockhart and the robot. And I was curious to see if they'd ever kill Smith and save themselves a lot of trouble.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 16, 2019, 07:23:46 PM
Lost in Space--I hated that show from the moment I first saw it--especially the brat kid!  Even as a kid and I wanted to watch TV and that show was on (we had only one station then), I went to my room and played with my tinker toys instead of watch that shit.

Safe space in 1965?  Ahead of your time.  Yes, compared to Star Trek or Time Tunnel, it was cringeworthy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 16, 2019, 07:23:46 PM

When the idiot shows came on, I crawled out my bedroom window and stared at the stars and learned the constellations...  Lost In Space was hideous.  And Space 1999 (?) where the Moon left Earth's orbit due to some explosion...  AACK!

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Yes, Space 1999 was a Martin Landau (one of the stars as well) idea.  I think they were making fun of Velikovsky.  British-Italian show.  What could go wrong with that alliance? '=)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 17, 2019, 06:27:20 AM
Yes, Space 1999 was a Martin Landau (one of the stars as well) idea.  I think they were making fun of Velikovsky.  British-Italian show.  What could go wrong with that alliance? '=)

Martin Landau is among my least favorite actors along with Scott Bakula.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 16, 2019, 11:20:04 PM
Safe space in 1965?  Ahead of your time.  Yes, compared to Star Trek or Time Tunnel, it was cringeworthy.
Time Tunnel--forgotten that one.  I kind of liked it since it would deal with different ages gone by--at least the idea was fun.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 17, 2019, 09:44:55 AM
Time Tunnel--forgotten that one.  I kind of liked it since it would deal with different ages gone by--at least the idea was fun.

I thought it was better than Quantum Leap.  Quantum leap always stayed within a few decades before the present.  Time tunnel went t relatively distant future and past.  My favorite episode was the Feminist future one, where humans were bioengineered as silver skinned, silver dressed drones in a social hive.  They had a time machine (guess it took them centuries to reproduce the Time Tunnel).  They were going back in time, to kidnap people just before they died.  They did this to Hitler.  I think they were trying to re-diversify their social and biological matrix.  Episode 5, The Last Patrol.  America's answer to that eccentric Dr Who ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdqScP5uXok

Anyone remember the longest named TV show?  Voyage To The Bottom Of the Sea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39u2y-wYgPQ

Was a take off from a movie.  Go Navy!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Who can forget, My Favorite Martian?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Anyone else remember this take on the future world of 1980?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvURidpkCY
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

For me, "old TV" is Walt Disney in black and white, and "Victory at Sea"!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on March 20, 2019, 01:24:44 AM
Anyone else remember this take on the future world of 1980?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvURidpkCY
I don't remember that at all, but it looks pretty good. I think I'd've remembered the lady with the purple hair!
God Not Found