News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV from waaaaaay back

Started by trdsf, February 04, 2019, 09:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 21, 2019, 07:33:11 PM
It's like sitting through the 9th to hear the Ode to Joy.

Copying Beethoven.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

The 1st and 2d movements of the 9th are spectacular.  I've often thought that Beethoven had to go take a shit and left the writing of the 3d movement to a fairly untalented student.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

LoriPinkAngel

Watching Christmas episodes of "Bewitched" with the second Darren.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: LoriPinkAngel on December 24, 2019, 12:49:06 PM
Watching Christmas episodes of "Bewitched" with the second Darren.
In a survey more people knew what a "Mrs. Kravitz" was than where it came from.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 21, 2019, 08:43:55 AM
Watched  my first Lone Ranger shows on the radio.  And it was in full color.
The pictures on radio are *always* better.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on December 30, 2019, 11:24:59 PM
The pictures on radio are *always* better.
Unless you're listening to the Mercury Radio Theater.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

LoriPinkAngel

I am watching the Twilight Zone marathon.

Gawdzilla Sama

LOL! I saw Gomez in one of those. "A Hundred Yards from the Rim", pioneer goes looking for water, finds diner.
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: LoriPinkAngel on January 01, 2020, 12:44:10 PM
I am watching the Twilight Zone marathon.
Still love The Incident At Owl Creek.  One of the best, if not the best Twilight Zone.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

I like the one with Burgess Meredith as the last man on Earth, finding the library then breaking his glasses. Very poignant.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 01:14:58 PM
I like the one with Burgess Meredith as the last man on Earth, finding the library then breaking his glasses. Very poignant.
I liked that one as well--but upon further reflection I find I really feel sorry for the character.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 04, 2020, 01:03:26 PM
Still love The Incident At Owl Creek.  One of the best, if not the best Twilight Zone.
Read the short story before I ever heard of TZ doing it.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 04, 2020, 01:44:48 PM
I liked that one as well--but upon further reflection I find I really feel sorry for the character.
He was smug, didn't give a damn about every other person on Earth being killed. Comeuppance executed.
PZ Myers