News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The horror within horror

Started by Hydra009, September 09, 2019, 03:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on September 12, 2019, 10:27:21 PM
The problem with zombies is that seem to be evolving unusually fast.  You can't keep up with zombie lore because it changes so fast.  I'm continually crying out, "Hey, there not supposed to be able to do that."
It's because your only pov is a survivor who likely has stayed put and whose knowledge is very limited.  We don't know everything because they don't know everything.

Also, T-virus.

Gawdzilla Sama

And now some folks are going crazy because the gay guy died in "IT".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 12, 2019, 06:56:50 PM
I don't remember anything but being disgusted by The Exorcist. Not a movie I could watch more than once.
At the time, it pressed the limits of vulgarity, and still does.  The juxtaposition of the sweet child spewing such vile and vulgar language was shocking and I even wondered how it made it past the censors.  Maybe they were only worried about exposing skin.  As I was trying to hang on to my religious faith at the time, dragging God and the supernatural into the vulgarity was extremely frightening for me.  It was also offensive, but mostly it frightened me personally.  I understand the book was written by a priest.  It may have been a rumor circulated at the time.  I never looked it up.

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on September 11, 2019, 09:45:10 PM
oh-wha Tahn-ah See-ahm.

Am I summoning an ancient being? Is that why you want me to repeat it's name?

It was a Summer Camp joke.  When you "catch it" phonetically, it means "Oh What An Ass I Am".  I was the 2nd to catch on.  A person less honest than I would have said I was the 1st, but I wasn't.

But there was that OMG moment when I did and whispered it to the senior scout who organized the joke.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gregory

"The horror! The horror!"  Good book.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 13, 2019, 05:43:24 AM
And now some folks are going crazy because the gay guy died in "IT".

Which is what happens in the book. Makes you wonder if it happened in the original TV adaptation decades ago if people would have reacted the same way.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin