News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What's the nerdiest thing you have/do?

Started by Plu, January 31, 2019, 03:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on February 03, 2019, 02:29:11 AM
Ever try Avalon Hill games?  I'm getting ready to play Gettysburg.  Just need to build a table cover so the cats won't "play" the game while I sleep...  LOL!
I grew up on AH games!  I still own 10 or so.  Gettysburg was one of my favs.  Too bad we aren't neighbors, we could play face-to-face.  Loved Panzer Blitz and D-Day and War of the Roses and Dune and Starship Trooper and Facts In Five and Panzer Leader and --and I'm forgetting many.  Love them--a sad sad day when AH folded.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on February 03, 2019, 07:53:04 AM
I've got a large poster of jason momoa as aquaman on my wall. could call it nerdy, but could just as much say its an appreciation of the male form.
No reason it can't be both.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on February 03, 2019, 02:29:11 AM
Ever try Avalon Hill games?  I'm getting ready to play Gettysburg.  Just need to build a table cover so the cats won't "play" the game while I sleep...  LOL!
I had a copy of Gettysburg -- Bob only knows where it is now.  Never did understand how to play it.  Tactics games elude me; Risk is the closest I can get to them.

I did the RPGs -- AD&D, Traveller, Dragonquest (until TSR bought and buried it, anyway -- if you played 2nd Edition, you've essentially played Dragonquest), V&V, Stalking the Night Fantastic (now Bureau 13), even Teenagers from Outer Space and Toon!.  More nerdistry -- I even have a couple playtesting credits under my belt, for Stellar Games' A.C.E. Agents and modules for It Came from the Late Late Late Show.

And yes, I still have almost all my books and dice (kept in the aforementioned vinyl Dalek).
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mr.Obvious

Well, I can honestly say that playing D&D today may be the nerdiest thing I've done so far.
Typing out the adventure so far, might be even nerdier than that. And I just might do it.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Risk was OK, back in the day.  Beware Australia!

Tactics games back in the day, you had to keep track of unit loses.  That was a bummer.  Like the computer version better, where all the accounting is done for me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Munch on February 03, 2019, 08:21:47 AM
okay.

The damned library security guard just came by, tapped me on the shoulder, and said "you can't be lookin' at that!"

LOL

I told her, nicely, to fuck off.

It is certainly not her job to monitor what I'm are looking at on line!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

HEY LIBRARY SECURITY.

SUCK A DICK!

THANK YOU.

just a little something if she comes back.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

First time I've seen this one, she's new on the job. She's a bit unclear on her job description.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

I always like to imagine CB posts something, and then hibernates for several weeks with the laptop still open on the page in his bear cave, then he wakes up and replies like it was just a day ago
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on February 22, 2019, 04:53:42 PM
I always like to imagine CB posts something, and then hibernates for several weeks with the laptop still open on the page in his bear cave, then he wakes up and replies like it was just a day ago

No.  But I did discover once that I left myself online here.  I do apologize for that.  But if you are wondering, yes I have been up and online since 8 pm yesterday.  I was playing Civ2  on an offline Windows 95 tower and checking for for emails, posts here and questions on a gardening site. 

And yes I will probably crash soon.  I haven't eaten in 36 hours.

But not quite yet.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 22, 2019, 06:07:48 PM
No.  But I did discover once that I left myself online here.  I do apologize for that.  But if you are wondering, yes I have been up and online since 8 pm yesterday.  I was playing Civ2  on an offline Windows 95 tower and checking for for emails, posts here and questions on a gardening site. 

And yes I will probably crash soon.  I haven't eaten in 36 hours.

But not quite yet.

I worry about you ;-(

Meanwhile ... this event explains why your astral body posts completely different from you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 22, 2019, 07:24:22 PM
I worry about you ;-(

Meanwhile ... this event explains why your astral body posts completely different from you ;-)

1.  I can stand to lose a little weight.  I'm 10 pounds over the "ideal" chart.  I don't worry about that but I know what the chart says.  I weigh myself about once a week..

2.  I am at my best after not having to much food.  I eat too much and I get ornery.  You could probably guess that.

3.  Closing the computer room door and having the cats away helps.  I mean, I love them all, but they aren't good when I'm trying to type. 

Shinichi

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 31, 2019, 05:47:39 PM
I play pokémon games.
I try to write. Stories and poetry.
I watch anime and cartoons.
When I have time, I sometimes read manga and (mostly Belgian) comic books.
I love playing board games.
I also enjoy the occasional round of MTG.

What are your favorite Pokémon games, anime and manga?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Shinichi on December 29, 2021, 12:10:10 AM
What are your favorite Pokémon games, anime and manga?

Pokemon: used to be blue. And that still has a place in my heart nostalgiawise. But nowadays  probably either firered or heartgold.

Anime: if you are someone who doesn´t consider avatar the last airbender an anime, i´d probably go with ´sakamoto desu ga' which is hilarious.

Manga:
Kaguya sama: love is war
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.