Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

When Fuzzy Wuzzie isn't fuzzy?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 19, 2019, 05:21:49 PM
When Fuzzy Wuzzie isn't fuzzy?
If you look at the little ditty,  Fuzzy was a bear with no hair--so he never was fuzzy. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Plu on February 04, 2019, 01:34:40 AM
I'm gonna go with the cheese, cause I'm not into flowers and wooden shows are damn uncomfy.

There’s a few people here who like to speak with smartaleck remarks and riddles now, and a few of us aren’t active as we once were. Stromboli, APA, Solitary are all long gone. I am Here a couple times a week but busy with life. 23 now, was 18 when I started. Still an atheist.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Plu on February 03, 2019, 03:35:36 AM
That's because you make too many assumptions, I guess :wink:
He does.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 19, 2019, 05:29:56 PM
If you look at the little ditty,  Fuzzy was a bear with no hair--so he never was fuzzy.

A Nair model who went crazy?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2019, 09:18:27 PM
A Nair model who went crazy?
Maybe Fuzzy Wuzzy was a Mexican Hairless bear (Xolo)? 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on February 19, 2019, 08:01:08 PM
There’s a few people here who like to speak with smartaleck remarks and riddles now, and a few of us aren’t active as we once were. Stromboli, APA, Solitary are all long gone. I am Here a couple times a week but busy with life. 23 now, was 18 when I started. Still an atheist.

Gee, 23 and "still an atheist" after 5 years.  I'm SO impressed.  I realized that I was an atheist around 11-13 years old (with no outside help),  I'm still an atheist at 68.  You crack me up...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on February 22, 2019, 12:13:08 PM
Gee, 23 and "still an atheist" after 5 years.  I'm SO impressed.  I realized that I was an atheist around 11-13 years old (with no outside help),  I'm still an atheist at 68.  You crack me up...

You seem to think there's some competition for atheistness. They don't have to impress you.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 22, 2019, 12:24:09 PM
You seem to think there's some competition for atheistness. They don't have to impress you.

And it was not meant as such.  Just that the idea of someone bragging about 5 years of atheism seemed a bit "premature", LOL! 

Baruch

I think convinced atheists rarely become theists again.  I may be wrong.  I was an atheist around 20 years old, but it didn't last long after I got married.  So maybe 10 years atheist.  But that brings up "not a true Scotsman ...".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 22, 2019, 12:56:18 PM
I think convinced atheists rarely become theists again.  I may be wrong.  I was an atheist around 20 years old, but it didn't last long after I got married.  So maybe 10 years atheist.  But that brings up "not a true Scotsman ...".

Well, some do, but usually through marriage-pressure or careers.  I think of it as a way to weed out the easily-manipulated.  Good use of "convinced" though.  If *I* had said that, you would have challenged it as "brain-washed".

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 22, 2019, 01:08:04 PM
Well, some do, but usually through marriage-pressure or careers.  I think of it as a way to weed out the easily-manipulated.  Good use of "convinced" though.  If *I* had said that, you would have challenged it as "brain-washed".

Figure you would claim to be your own breed of uber-mensch ;-(  My life experience got broadened beyond work.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 22, 2019, 01:12:42 PM
Figure you would claim to be your own breed of uber-mensch ;-(  My life experience got broadened beyond work.

The seven deadly virtues, those ghastly little traps
Oh no, my liege, they were not meant for me
Those seven deadly virtues were made for other chaps
Who love a life of failure and ennui
Take courage-now there's a sport
An invitation to the state of rigor mort
And purity-a noble yen
And very restful every now and then
I find humility means to be hurt
It's not the earth the meek inherit, it's the dirt
Honesty is fatal, it should be taboo
Diligence-a fate I would hate
If charity means giving, I give it to you
And fidelity is only for your mate
You'll never find a virtue unstatusing my quo or making my Beelzebubble burst
Let others take the high road, I will take the low
I cannot wait to rush in where angels fear to go
With all those seven deadly virtues free and happy little me has not been cursed!

I thought you might enjoy that.

But I'm the opposite...

Baruch

Nietzsche would approve that poem.  And no, I don't think you are his follower either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.