News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I have returned..?

Started by Plu, January 26, 2019, 03:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

I'm gonna go with the cheese, cause I'm not into flowers and wooden shows are damn uncomfy.

Baruch

Quote from: Plu on February 04, 2019, 01:34:40 AM
I'm gonna go with the cheese, cause I'm not into flowers and wooden shows are damn uncomfy.

Gouda for you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Plu on February 04, 2019, 01:34:40 AM
I went to Sweden once and bought a pair of wooden shoes there--it had a leather top and wooden sole.  That was one of the best pair of shoe I ever wore.  I had them for 35 years and finally wore out.  I do miss them.  But I've never worn a fully wooden shoe.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on February 03, 2019, 03:57:50 AM
Well, I suppose I'm not actually seeing anything specific convincing me.  Some people just like to beat around the bushes and leave things vague.  And if you are someone that other people who have been here a while know you, that is good.  If THEY say you are, that's fine.  I'm just pointing out that you aren't saying much that would convince someone who doesn't know you well that you are atheist.

I'm a suspicious type, given that I've met fakers over the past couple of decades...  And I've met some who think they are atheists and aren't really.

Nobody has to convince anyone that they are atheists to be a nonbeliever. Beating around the bush or being vague about it, doesn't prevent someone from being a nonbeliever.   

There are tons of people who call themselves just 'nonbelievers' but not 'atheists' on purpose. Sometimes because they do not like the label -mostly because of the other atheists treating it as some sort of an organised-defined group, as you seem to do- or sometimes because 'a-theist' is a problematic term in reflecting its definition. It's a negative, when nonbelief is actually the only neutral position. From that point of view, 'atheist' is technically a theist term. Or it may be that they don't feel safe using the term. 

Most of the atheists don't feel the need to talk/write about atheism or religion; discuss with believers/nonbelievers online or in real life. For example, I find discussing with believers completely pointless and meaningless; and discussing from a given religion's point of view right down idiotic; what is written in books and what they mean...etc. When I was 19-20 years old, I thought differently. Then I got it.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

The only time I ever discuss religion with anyone out here in meat space is when they try to convert me to whatever bullshit they believe. Otherwise it's no one's business what I do or don't believe.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 04, 2019, 03:50:31 PM
The only time I ever discuss religion with anyone out here in meat space is when they try to convert me to whatever bullshit they believe. Otherwise it's no one's business what I do or don't believe.

If you believe you are Napoleon, the gendarmes will pay you a visit, monsieur!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

They're coming to take me away! ha ha ho ho hee hee! to the funny farm! where life is happy and gay! ha ha ho ho hee hee!
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 04, 2019, 06:20:52 PM
They're coming to take me away! ha ha ho ho hee hee! to the funny farm! where life is happy and gay! ha ha ho ho hee hee!

"They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa! is a 1966 novelty record written and performed by Jerry Samuels (billed as Napoleon XIV)"

Now you are dating me, shall we pick out curtains?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I don't know - do the curtains match the carpet?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 04, 2019, 07:06:16 PM
I don't know - do the curtains match the carpet?

If you don't clean up your attitude, it is curtains for you! ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 03, 2019, 03:46:11 PM
You have a tendency to assume things about people for no apparent reason, sometimes running off new people in the process.

If you can't stand the heat...  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2019, 04:48:28 PM
If you can't stand the heat...  LOL!

The girls think your are hot?  We think not!  They don't like all the fur in their teeth ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Nothing wrong with a little hair in the teeth, it just means you don't have to floss as much.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 19, 2019, 05:16:10 PM
Nothing wrong with a little hair in the teeth, it just means you don't have to floss as much.

Depends on if it is Spring, then the bear is shedding.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.