Main Menu

I have returned..?

Started by Plu, January 26, 2019, 03:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 26, 2019, 01:33:22 PM
Make love, not war!

;-)

I am tempted ... but not in the Intro Section.  There are lots of ways to make love ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Plu on January 26, 2019, 01:44:56 PM
Probably happened due to the "like" system being introduced after I left :-)

There was a debate, two years ago, about killing the "like" system.  They didn't, which is something I "like".

Mostly it was about wannabe Hitlers who want to control both ends of the post (authoritarian Solipsism).  Also frustrated narcissists who want to stuff the ballot box.  I like "likes" because I can respond with something less than a full commentary, to something that is the opposite of cringeworthy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

I was never in favor of the "likes" thingy. Still see no reason for them. In all honesty I don't agree with them on FB either. I never use the likes or thumbs up or hard dick or whatever the hell it is. I have also had the same profile pic on here and on FB (though different) from the very first day. I wonder about the peeps who change their profiles every week or so just so they can get some pat on the back or self con-grats on posting a pic of them 10 years ago so everyone can tell them how hot they are from 10 years ago.....lordy peeps humanity needs some balls.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

Quote from: aitm on January 26, 2019, 03:26:27 PM
I was never in favor of the "likes" thingy. Still see no reason for them. In all honesty I don't agree with them on FB either. I never use the likes or thumbs up or hard dick or whatever the hell it is. I have also had the same profile pic on here and on FB (though different) from the very first day. I wonder about the peeps who change their profiles every week or so just so they can get some pat on the back or self con-grats on posting a pic of them 10 years ago so everyone can tell them how hot they are from 10 years ago.....lordy peeps humanity needs some balls.

I personally think the like system is good because it allows people to express their agreement with a post without writing a whole reply. "I agree," is just a waste of a reply unless you have something else to add. However, having total likes shown underneath a person's avatar is a bit silly, IMO. It's like we're competing for popularity points or something.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

GrinningYMIR

Let’s see, I’m older. That’s about it. And hungry.

So hope! Hope all is going well with you over the blue
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Draconic Aiur

PickelledEggs

HOLY SHIT IT'S PLU

I'VE MISSED YOU

Mr.Obvious

I think I remember you.

Welkom terug kerel.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Halkenburg

I'm new here so I don't remember you from before, but I'd still like to welcome you back. :-)

Cavebear

So far, I'm not impressed, Plu...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Plu

Quote from: Cavebear on February 03, 2019, 01:40:25 AM
So far, I'm not impressed, Plu...

That's because you make too many assumptions, I guess :wink:

Cavebear

Quote from: Plu on February 03, 2019, 03:35:36 AM
That's because you make too many assumptions, I guess :wink:

Well, I suppose I'm not actually seeing anything specific convincing me.  Some people just like to beat around the bushes and leave things vague.  And if you are someone that other people who have been here a while know you, that is good.  If THEY say you are, that's fine.  I'm just pointing out that you aren't saying much that would convince someone who doesn't know you well that you are atheist.

I'm a suspicious type, given that I've met fakers over the past couple of decades...  And I've met some who think they are atheists and aren't really.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on February 03, 2019, 03:57:50 AM
Well, I suppose I'm not actually seeing anything specific convincing me.  Some people just like to beat around the bushes and leave things vague.  And if you are someone that other people who have been here a while know you, that is good.  If THEY say you are, that's fine.  I'm just pointing out that you aren't saying much that would convince someone who doesn't know you well that you are atheist.

I'm a suspicious type, given that I've met fakers over the past couple of decades...  And I've met some who think they are atheists and aren't really.

You have a tendency to assume things about people for no apparent reason, sometimes running off new people in the process.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Plu

QuoteI'm just pointing out that you aren't saying much that would convince someone who doesn't know you well that you are atheist.

I'm Dutch. We attach no significance to the idea of being atheist, and down here we assume everyone is atheist unless we have reason to believe otherwise.

We're sort of what happens when atheism wins; it just stops mattering.

Baruch

Atheism, was that because of cheese, tulips or wooden shoes? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.