News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I have returned..?

Started by Plu, January 26, 2019, 03:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

It's been... how many years? Many, I guess. I had some pretty bad last few years, but it's a lot better now so when I woke up to a message trolling for my return, I figured I should at least drop by for a bit. See what's going on. Check if I still have complete admin access to everything on this forum (I do... risky move, guys ;) feel free to revoke them if you want) and see if I remember any of this place.

So hi! Not sure why I'm here, can't promise I'll stay, but good to see this place is still going strong. Will read up on some topics, see if there's anything I can contribute, see what happens. I'm not good at predicting the future, but I'm optimistic.

So did I miss anything important? :D

drunkenshoe

Hey, Nederlander. How are you? Welcome back. LOL No, you haven't missed anything important.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PopeyesPappy

Cool. Welcome back! The fishing worked!
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mike Cl

Don't know you--but welcome anyway.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

PLU! How the hell are you? Nice of you to stop in. Hope you are well. Perfect pic too.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Hope you will stay awhile.  PLU is a classified military term from 40 years ago.

Drunkenshoe writes erudite screeds, but she is wrong, that nothing has happened here.  Trump happened ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Plu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 26, 2019, 04:22:55 AM
Hey, Nederlander. How are you? Welcome back. LOL No, you haven't missed anything important.

Hiya shoezie! Sorry for suddenly dropping off the face of the Earth, not my finest moment :( Good to see you're still here.

I'm doing okay these days. New (much more fun) job, new house, new kid, many new experiences. Feel like I went through some kind of depressing period the last few years and I'm re-discovering myself or something.
How have you been? Still safe? Still doing translation related things?

QuotePLU is a classified military term from 40 years ago.

Clearly that term is older than I am, then... now I'm curious what it meant?

Also, thanks for the welcome to the rest of you!

Baruch

"Clearly that term is older than I am, then... now I'm curious what it meant?"

I am 32 years of military contracting ... and still am.  If I told you, I would have to kill you (if I can joke that well).

I like your cartoon byline.  If it isn't psychology or based on psychology, then it isn't very relevant to being human.

You seem likable.  Your low "like" count must have happened thru computer crashing of this server.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

The prodigal Plu returns! Welcome  back, we need all the help we can get! 
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

pr126

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on January 26, 2019, 10:19:00 AM
Hope you will stay awhile.  PLU is a classified military term from 40 years ago.

Drunkenshoe writes erudite screeds, but she is wrong, that nothing has happened here.  Trump happened ;-)

PLU means something completely different to someone who's worked in a grocery store.

And hello, Plu. You probably left before I got here, but welcome back.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on January 26, 2019, 10:19:00 AM
Trump happened ;-)

And not just to the U.S.A., either. Trump's mismanagement of America will affect the rest of the world, as well. We may soon be at war with Venezuela, so we can further enrich the war criminals who manufacture weapons of mass destruction.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 26, 2019, 01:23:50 PM
And not just to the U.S.A., either. Trump's mismanagement of America will affect the rest of the world, as well. We may soon be at war with Venezuela, so we can further enrich the war criminals who manufacture weapons of mass destruction.

Said like a true VC supporter ... back to the 1960s you go ... and take your love beads and peace sign with you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Plu

Quote from: Baruch on January 26, 2019, 01:11:12 PM
You seem likable.  Your low "like" count must have happened thru computer crashing of this server.

Probably happened due to the "like" system being introduced after I left :-)