News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Grüß Gott!

Started by Halkenburg, January 25, 2019, 02:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

I only drink to make other people more interesting AND tolerable. So I have to pick a beer that is both cheapish and has enough potency to keep me mild without fuckin me up. So just reggie yellow fizzy stuff like bud. That fancy shit will get me bent up in a couple hours and then I tend to be the one just a little too much interesting....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: propali.student on January 28, 2019, 08:10:57 AM
I, to be honest, more prefer wine than beer. Especially red wines.

Poslano sa mog PRA-LX1 koristeći Tapatalk

I prefer wines too.  White Zinfandel is very popular in the US.  But I hear that there are many good spirits from Croatia etc.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

propali.student

Quote from: Baruch on January 28, 2019, 07:27:28 PM
I prefer wines too.  White Zinfandel is very popular in the US.  But I hear that there are many good spirits from Croatia etc.
Yes. Most popular continental white wine is Graševina and istrian Malvazija.

Baruch

Quote from: propali.student on January 29, 2019, 12:20:27 AM
Yes. Most popular continental white wine is Graševina and istrian Malvazija.

I guess you can thank Greek colonists for popularizing that among Illyrians and Danubian Celts ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

propali.student

Quote from: Baruch on January 29, 2019, 02:44:50 AM
I guess you can thank Greek colonists for popularizing that among Illyrians and Danubian Celts ;-)
Of course. I really like Greece and their ancient culture. Hope I will visit her on day.

Baruch

Quote from: propali.student on January 30, 2019, 10:27:43 AM
Of course. I really like Greece and their ancient culture. Hope I will visit her on day.

I was lucky to have done so.  Athens, Delphi, Olympia, Mycenae, Corinth, Knossos, Rhodes, Ephesus, Mykonos, Patmos and lesser places.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Halkenburg on January 25, 2019, 02:20:42 AM
Hello there!

The name's Halkenburg, I'm from the oddball state Bavaria in Germany. It's nice to meet you all. I was on TTA for about five years before it was shut down towards the end of last year so I have a long history of posting on atheist forums. I deconverted from Baptist Christianity to atheism when I was around 15 years old. My dad took it relatively well, all things considered. We're still on good terms and he hasn't disowned me, so that's a good thing. My mom and my brothers are all atheists like me. I'm a total geek/nerd, very into computers and everything to do with them. Let me know if you want to know anything else about me.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys. :D

Welcome...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

propali.student

Quote from: Baruch on January 30, 2019, 12:58:06 PM
I was lucky to have done so.  Athens, Delphi, Olympia, Mycenae, Corinth, Knossos, Rhodes, Ephesus, Mykonos, Patmos and lesser places.
Santorini is on 1st place on my travel list! Too bad I'm too poor for that :D

Baruch

Quote from: propali.student on January 30, 2019, 01:42:24 PM
Santorini is on 1st place on my travel list! Too bad I'm too poor for that :D

Far too dramatic, I don't think I could take the donkey trek up the caldera from the Aegean to the town on the rim.  You can see more at Knossos, without the acrophobia.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: propali.student on January 28, 2019, 08:10:57 AM
I, to be honest, more prefer wine than beer. Especially red wines.
I would like to understand wine, but my palate is vine-blind.  I'm perfectly happy with Ohio Catawbas, white zinfandels, and the odd oporto and ice wine.  The closest I get to oenophilia is that I obsess over coffee the way wine enthusiasts obsess over wine.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Oporto rose is very nice.  Very mild.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on January 30, 2019, 09:33:54 PM
I would like to understand wine, but my palate is vine-blind.  I'm perfectly happy with Ohio Catawbas, white zinfandels, and the odd oporto and ice wine.  The closest I get to oenophilia is that I obsess over coffee the way wine enthusiasts obsess over wine.  :)

I buy Twisted Zin in 1.5L bottles by the case @ $10 per bottle.  I drink 2 glasses of it with dinner no matter what I cook.  It goes with everything.  I've tried more expensive stuff and don't like it as much.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 03, 2019, 01:38:52 AM
I buy Twisted Zin in 1.5L bottles by the case @ $10 per bottle.  I drink 2 glasses of it with dinner no matter what I cook.  It goes with everything.  I've tried more expensive stuff and don't like it as much.

As long as it isn't Ripple, Mr Sanford ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 03, 2019, 03:20:40 AM
As long as it isn't Ripple, Mr Sanford ;-)

1.  Who is Mr Sanford?  I see that there is a Sanford coffee maker.  I don't see a connection.  Besides, I despise coffee.
2.  I remember Ripple from college days where idiots drank that junk.  I drank Heineken beer.  There WAS an episode involving Cold Duck in a bong.

Baruch

Ever watch "Sanford and Son" (1970s)?  Redd Foxx often spoke of "Ripple" as a preferred brand.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.