News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Grüß Gott!

Started by Halkenburg, January 25, 2019, 02:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

If you drink elephant piss you'll never forget it!

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 25, 2019, 02:33:36 PM
I probably shouldn't ask how you know what elephant piss tastes like then...
I had a friend who loved beer--he even fancied himself as a beer 'taster'.  So I decided to challenge him to a test.  Out of his sight I poured two glasses with different beers; into the third one I poured elephant piss (don't ask where I get it, either!).  He sipped from all three and picked the elephant piss.  When I showed him the results he was a bit miffed for some reason.  I haven't seen him after that--don't know why.  Anyway, I know that beer apparently tastes like elephant piss.  I won't drink either.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

I bet he never forgot it!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on January 25, 2019, 08:24:22 AM
ı like the nerdy aspirations bur have never realised in my inner intellectual world.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it, and your back into it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Welcome also, Grüß Gott!

I have worked in a beer brewery ... didn't see any elephants working there.

I have also worked in a candy factory ... and saw the Tooth Fairy working there ... oh the scandal that caused!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Halkenburg

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. :-)

Halkenburg

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 25, 2019, 11:21:13 AM
Halkenberg, I've been lucky enough to have been in Bavaria and the Black Forest a couple of times.  Loved it.  Love Crazy Ludwig and his three castles; his death has always been a bit of a historical puzzle.  Camped for a week the first time and learned to love the place.  Lederhosen, cuckoo clocks, salt mines, Eagles Nest, beautiful little towns and villages, hot potato salad and red cabbage salad all interesting and enjoyed.  It was a great time.

Welcome, hope you stick around for awhile.

Tell me about it. There are few things I enjoy more than spending time in the Black Forest to "recharge." I like visiting the old castles, too. I've always been kind of an outdoorsy person, I enjoy being in nature, as hard as that might be to believe about a geek. LOL! I find that you need to find a balance between sitting in front of your computer and being outside to remain sane.

Did you get a chance to go to the Oktoberfest? Most tourists go to Bavaria just to get wasted there.

Halkenburg

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 25, 2019, 07:24:19 PM
I had a friend who loved beer--he even fancied himself as a beer 'taster'.  So I decided to challenge him to a test.  Out of his sight I poured two glasses with different beers; into the third one I poured elephant piss (don't ask where I get it, either!).  He sipped from all three and picked the elephant piss.  When I showed him the results he was a bit miffed for some reason.  I haven't seen him after that--don't know why.  Anyway, I know that beer apparently tastes like elephant piss.  I won't drink either.

LOL!

trdsf

My tastes in brews run to a couple local micros, Guinness, and the Polish piwos: Å»ywiec, Tyskie, Okocim.  The occasional Russian Imperial when I want a beer to tell me to sit down and shut up.  Otherwise I'm more of a gin and bourbon man.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Halkenburg

Quote from: trdsf on January 27, 2019, 01:27:11 AM
My tastes in brews run to a couple local micros, Guinness, and the Polish piwos: Å»ywiec, Tyskie, Okocim.  The occasional Russian Imperial when I want a beer to tell me to sit down and shut up.  Otherwise I'm more of a gin and bourbon man.

Sounds to me like you have good taste in beer. ;-)

trdsf

Quote from: Halkenburg on January 27, 2019, 04:46:01 AM
Sounds to me like you have good taste in beer. ;-)
I'm not much of a beer fan so when I have one, I want to have a good one.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

propali.student

I, to be honest, more prefer wine than beer. Especially red wines.

Poslano sa mog PRA-LX1 koristeći Tapatalk

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on January 28, 2019, 07:00:29 AM
That's just it--there isn't a good one.  The best I can say is that after 2 Rolling Rock, I could finally swallow the 3rd one fairly easily--after that it did not matter what I drank.

I'd rather have a Squirt----or a Margarita
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 28, 2019, 09:16:43 AM
That's just it--there isn't a good one.  The best I can say is that after 2 Rolling Rock, I could finally swallow the 3rd one fairly easily--after that it did not matter what I drank.

I'd rather have a Squirt----or a Margarita
There are a couple good ones, but they're hard to find since the current fad is IPAs and uberhoppiness, both of which I find undrinkable.  The beer cooler at most places is long on trendy and short on taste.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: trdsf on January 28, 2019, 07:00:29 AM

Duvel
Chimay
Westvleteren
Brugse zot (personal favorite)
La chouffe / McChouffe
Westmalle
Hoegaarden
Maredsous
Moeder overste

For normal beers i'd suggest Jupiler, Stella artois or maybe a desperados with a slice of lime.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.