"WORLD IS GOING TO END IN 12 YEARS!"

Started by pr126, January 23, 2019, 10:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on February 16, 2019, 06:32:47 PM
It isn't news that there is a serious drought in the mediterranean region.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/nasa-finds-drought-in-eastern-mediterranean-worst-of-past-900-years

That fails to explain why only Syria is embroiled in civil war.  If they were all sitting there praying for rain to whichever-god-that-isn't-there I might buy it but they seem far more concerned with blowing each other to bits.  They are not the only ones suffering from the drought.

Syria is the cockpit of superpower competition, just as Vietnam was.  But both sides are a little smarter this time.  Venezuela may become the new Syria shortly.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Of course we must have more war, in order that the war-profiteers can make even more profit. All hail the sacred share-holders!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Well, you can say the "world will end in 12 days"  IF you know 12 days before.  And the "world" WILL end some day.  The sun will burn it. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2019, 02:34:23 PM
Well, you can say the "world will end in 12 days"  IF you know 12 days before.  And the "world" WILL end some day.  The sun will burn it.

There was a Twilight Zone were a clairvoyant boy knew the immediate future.  One day, he realize the Sun would go nova the next day, so when he gave out his usual horoscope ... he made a pleasant lie.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

Quote from: Baruch on February 17, 2019, 11:54:13 AM
Syria is the cockpit of superpower competition, just as Vietnam was.  But both sides are a little smarter this time.  Venezuela may become the new Syria shortly.

Bingo!
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on February 20, 2019, 11:33:28 AM

Bingo!

No.  Grenades, horseshoes and nukes ... you only have to be close ... with Bingo you have to have the correct row and column ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 19, 2019, 01:50:26 PM
Of course we must have more war, in order that the war-profiteers can make even more profit. All hail the sacred share-holders!

That actually gets awkward.  I invest in index funds, and I don't bother to read the annual statements about exactly WHO they invest in.  Granted, it is sort of "everything", but that DOES mean the good with the bad.  You can't invest in an index and say "oh, but not THAT stock". 

I'm not skilled enough to choose successful stocks among the "good" companies.  And I'm I can't tell who all the "bad" companies are.  Besides, some who are successful aren't obvious where they do business.  I just invest in the general economy...

And, BTW, I mostly out of stocks right now, expecting Trump to destroy the global economy to some extent. 

Unbeliever

It seems he wants to destroy every economy except that of his puppet-master, Putin.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 22, 2019, 01:29:42 PM
It seems he want to destroy every economy except that of his puppet-master, Putin.

Trade wars with China, Trade wars with India, Trade wars with Canada...  And the US stocks are going UP?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 22, 2019, 03:46:34 PM
Trade wars with China, Trade wars with India, Trade wars with Canada...  And the US stocks are going UP?

The markets are irrational, and can stay that way longer than you can hold out with your pitiful investments.  Just ask the buggy whip investors.

Oh, Unbeliever thinks we have no sections on Russia.  Amazing he can believe anything at all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I don't believe anything at all, that's why I'm called Unbeliever. I don't believe in belief.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 22, 2019, 07:02:44 PM
I don't believe anything at all, that's why I'm called Unbeliever. I don't believe in belief.

You believe that Trump is God-Emperor.  Were you a giant sand worm once?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

What, now your telling me what I believe? You're so full of shit your eyes are brown.

LOL
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 22, 2019, 06:57:46 PM
The markets are irrational, and can stay that way longer than you can hold out with your pitiful investments.  Just ask the buggy whip investors.

Ask my annuity and Money Market accounts, LOL!  That's why I'm not in stocks right now.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 22, 2019, 07:14:24 PM
What, now your telling me what I believe? You're so full of shit your eyes are brown.

LOL

Deconstructing you ... since you are already a robot.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.