"WORLD IS GOING TO END IN 12 YEARS!"

Started by pr126, January 23, 2019, 10:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Munch

mass migration is increasing the rate of global warming.

It makes perfect sense. But of course just like the climate change deniers claiming it isn't happening, so to would there be people denying mass migration causing an increase of people carbon footprint, because surprise surprise, it conflicts with there social and political view.

And of course its easier to deny such a thing when you can just call the person saying it a nazi or far righter or similar.

however, i'm not giving that bitch my money.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

All Occidentals must die, so that Orientals can have factories, power stations and autos.  How is that "inscrutable" for you?  More like Ming the Merciless.

Remember, every Left conspiracy theory is true, and every Right conspiracy theory is false.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

We're a species that is overpopulated. When it comes to species control, anyone in the field will tell you sometimes in order for a species to survive another needs to be culled to preserve those species or it's environment.

But that's never brought into question for the damage humanity does itself to other species lives or environment. The idea of our lot being culled is beyond thinkable apparently.

War is tragic and horrific, often millions die in wars caught between people.

But there are less wars over territory now then ever, just accounting for the number of people on the planet.

All this is the ugly truth about all this, and one that recycling or being progressive and multi cultural or giving money to charity isn't going to do fuck all about. The reality is if humanity doesn't cull itself in war like it's done for so long, it'll just fuck itself into starvation and poverty in its own time.

Why else do you think people are daydreaming about colonising on other planets.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Minimalist

QuoteBut there are less wars over territory now then ever, just accounting for the number of people on the planet.

I expect wars over water.... particularly on the sub-continent. 

https://india.mongabay.com/2018/05/14/himalayan-glaciers-are-wasting-away-threatening-mountain-communities/

QuoteGlaciers are vulnerable to rising temperatures and changes in precipitation. With the livelihood and water security of almost a billion people living in the Himalayan countries â€" Pakistan, China, India, Nepal, and Bhutan â€" at stake, glaciologists are scrambling to monitor the health and dynamics of these precious glaciers.

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Don't worry, they can buy bottled water (see California scandal) - Marie Antoinette
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

"Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone."
Joni Mitchell

I've been hearing about the coming water wars for years, and I've even heard that the Arab Spring was at least exacerbated by climate change:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-and-rising-food-prices-heightened-arab-spring/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-climatechange-conflict-arabspring/climate-stress-drove-wave-of-arab-spring-refugees-researchers-idUSKCN1PH23B

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 26, 2019, 01:49:28 PM
"Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone."
Joni Mitchell

I've been hearing about the coming water wars for years, and I've even heard that the Arab Spring was at least exacerbated by climate change:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-and-rising-food-prices-heightened-arab-spring/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-climatechange-conflict-arabspring/climate-stress-drove-wave-of-arab-spring-refugees-researchers-idUSKCN1PH23B

It was.  N Africa has been drying out for about 8000 years now.  People 8000 years ago, who warned about this ... were correct.  Just not on schedule.

Yes, it was early Steam-punk that destroyed the environment, 8000 years ago.  Damn that alien technology in Egypt!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Minimalist on January 26, 2019, 10:58:00 AM

I expect wars over water.... particularly on the sub-continent. 

Err...how do you think it started in Syria?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Desert people are cut throat ... just ask Arabs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SvZurich

If only Superman would use his freeze breath to make huge icebergs in the ocean and fly them to arid places to use as a source of water. 

:(  Make Superman great again!  MSGA!
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

Cavebear

I disappointed with some participants here for their racist posts.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Well, as the man in black said "get used to disappointment."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman