MAGA kids "harass" Native American

Started by Blackleaf, January 20, 2019, 02:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

If you've been on social media recently, you've probably seen this story of a bunch of kids in "Make America Great Again" hats surrounding a Native American, who was beating on a drum. The narrative that was spun for us was that the kids got in the drummer's face and tried to intimidate him. You guys know that I am a Liberal, and I hate Trump supporters. So when I saw this story, I just assumed it was Trump supporters being assholes as usual. But it actually turns out the media has been misleading us about the whole thing, to manufacture outrage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVvpVRJ-NH4
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Almost all Mexicans are Mestizo, and so are Native Americans.  So you want to simply take them all in as US citizens, on that basis?

Yeah, some MAGA are idiots.  But at least they aren't Marxist college students ;-(  Defund all universities and colleges to starve out the Trotskyites.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Would someone mind summarizing why it's fake? At work, but interested.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 20, 2019, 04:17:30 PM

Not fake as far as I can tell.  Vietnam veteran, who happens to be Native American.  Wasn't treated with respect?  Certainly, we can solve this by keeping feral teens in cages until they are 21 ;-)  That would also solve the feral Marxist college student problem too ;-))

Vietnam veterans where mocked, perhaps by some people here, back in the day, but for other reasons.  Since when have anyone in the US respected their elders anyway? 

My Lakota neighbor, I understand his ideology.  He has one.  There isn't going to be much more "truth and reconciliation" justice going forward in the US.  We really don't want the post "truth and reconciliation" where the non-Native Americans are threatened with genocide, like non-Xhosa people are known S Africa.  Yes, the Zulus figure they are next after the White colonists who have been there as long as English speakers have been in N America.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Shiranu on January 20, 2019, 04:17:30 PM

The kids were already there. The Native American man got in their faces, banging his drum. The kids were visibly confused by the situation, but started clapping along to the drum beat.

The stories surrounding this try to spin this so the kids surrounded the Native American man, attempting to intimidate him. Even the man himself corroborated this story, but video evidence shows differently.
--Fulke Greville--

aitm

Wear the colors of your racist thieving leader, get associated with him I guess, Makes it hard to get the benefit of the doubt.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

Quote from: aitm on January 21, 2019, 08:25:58 AM
Wear the colors of your racist thieving leader, get associated with him I guess, Makes it hard to get the benefit of the doubt.

in other words, guilty until proven innocent.

I think they've made several simpsons episodes on that.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

What's sad is because of people reacting to this, some of these kids have been doxxed. Their names are out there. People are trying to pressure the school into having them expelled, for standing there and smiling. They're probably being harassed on social media by the people who found them as well. How's that for irony?
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on January 21, 2019, 08:39:11 AM

Oh, you mean like Muslims, college students, women, Democrats/progressives...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/01/20/covington-catholic-students-full-video-shows-viral-protest-new-light/2635085002/

Actually, it seems like neither side were the "bad guys"... rather it was some actual religious nutjobs (Black Hebrew Israelites) that provoked the whole situation by taunting both groups.

If you are actually concerned with the blame being placed where it belongs, then they are the one's to be annoyed at.

Minimalist

If the smarmy little fuck is wearing that stupid fucking hat, he's guilty.

All Trumptards are guilty.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Blackleaf

Quote from: Shiranu on January 21, 2019, 11:56:06 AM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/01/20/covington-catholic-students-full-video-shows-viral-protest-new-light/2635085002/

Actually, it seems like neither side were the "bad guys"... rather it was some actual religious nutjobs (Black Hebrew Israelites) that provoked the whole situation by taunting both groups.

If you are actually concerned with the blame being placed where it belongs, then they are the one's to be annoyed at.

Dusty's video mentioned those black guys, but I wasn't sure how they factored into the story. Most don't even mention that group. They're more concerned with the Native American, for some reason. I don't know how this story even made the headlines. Literally nothing happened. Seems the media is just desperate for some new controversy that doesn't involve Trump.
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on January 21, 2019, 08:39:11 AM

I think they've made several simpsons episodes on that.

The IRS is  the gold standard in US Justice, that is why they are in charge of enforcing ACA (Obamacare).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.