News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Leaving The Site in 2020

Started by Naru, January 16, 2019, 05:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halkenburg

Can anyone tell me how I can get in touch with Naru? He hasn't been online in months. Maybe somebody here knows his e-mail address.

Baruch

Quote from: Halkenburg on April 08, 2019, 07:30:31 AM
Can anyone tell me how I can get in touch with Naru? He hasn't been online in months. Maybe somebody here knows his e-mail address.

I used the private email address system to send an email, asking him/her to contact you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2019, 12:12:03 PM
Well, gee, I thought it was COMPLICATED!  What does it require AFTER the orgy?

Collect all the excess bodily fluids in about two buckets. Then hand them over to Charlie sheen. He takes care of the rest, I am told.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Halkenburg on April 08, 2019, 07:30:31 AM
who are you?

Halkenburg

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 09, 2019, 02:28:33 PM
who are you?

I'm the guy who volunteered to take over the administration of this site.

Halkenburg

Quote from: Baruch on April 08, 2019, 07:58:33 AM
I used the private email address system to send an email, asking him/her to contact you.

Thanks!

wolf39us

Quote from: Halkenburg on April 10, 2019, 05:49:10 AM
I'm the guy who volunteered to take over the administration of this site.

Sorry bro.  We don't know you.  This site has been around for 15 years.  Not going to be handing the site over to someone we don't know.

Cavebear

Quote from: wolf39us on April 10, 2019, 09:14:24 PM
Sorry bro.  We don't know you.  This site has been around for 15 years.  Not going to be handing the site over to someone we don't know.

Out of curiosity, do you want to shut it down or pass it on?  If "shut it down", that seems hard on the regular participants who know each other and would miss familiar company.  If "pass it on", I certainly agree it should move to a few people who are actually atheists and want it to continue in that general way. 

I suppose the question is whether you want to "pass it on".  I hope you will.  I cherish this site.  I know I don't visit every day, but that is because when I get on, I stay on all night.

If I understand this correctly, a site like this needs financial support, computer expertise, and a few talented Moderators.  What if some people agreed to provide what the site needed to continue?  Would you all be willing to pass along what you no longer wish to maintain to those who do?

I can provide financial support and space to keep the site running.  I may not have the computer skills to manage it, but maybe some other participants do.  Will you give a new group a chance?  Suppose I could organize such a group.  Would you allow the possibility?

I really, really like the balance of this site.  It is neither an angry place nor a serious formal debate site.  It fits me perfectly and I want it to continue.

Cavebear
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Halkenburg

Quote from: wolf39us on April 10, 2019, 09:14:24 PM

I see your point, but the problem is that no one else has volunteered to take over the management of the site so far. Are you planning to shut down the site rather than hand the reigns to someone you don't know?

Baruch

Quote from: Halkenburg on April 20, 2019, 10:51:40 AM
I see your point, but the problem is that no one else has volunteered to take over the management of the site so far. Are you planning to shut down the site rather than hand the reigns to someone you don't know?

Given the nature of the material, I would say ... yes?  This isn't just another Amazon shopping site.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

I'd like for this site to remain up after 2020. It's just; what does it take?

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Sal1981 on April 20, 2019, 11:34:13 AM
I'd like for this site to remain up after 2020. It's just; what does it take?

Assuming Wolf and Naru are going to give the place back as opposed to selling it then I don't think financing is going to be an issue. There are at least a couple who have volunteered to pony up enough to keep the place running at least on a minimal level. i.e. no expensive hosts.

We just need someone to step up and volunteer to administer the place.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on April 20, 2019, 01:41:38 PM
Assuming Wolf and Naru are going to give the place back as opposed to selling it then I don't think financing is going to be an issue. There are at least a couple who have volunteered to pony up enough to keep the place running at least on a minimal level. i.e. no expensive hosts.

You need computer skills to administer, don't you?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Sal1981

My only experience in forumboards is from zetaboards back in 2006-07. I'm not familiar with SMF boards.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Halkenburg

Well, I stepped up and volunteered but apparently I'm not suitable because people "don't know me."