New tactical overview of the Eastern Front 1941 + 1942

Started by Baruch, January 15, 2019, 07:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 02:29:45 PM
Found it.  I forgot about Imgur!

Damn, It still didn't work.  I suck at images.

Some help?
What are you trying to do?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 02:46:18 PM
Post a picture I just took of  the Bainbridge NTC trophy.
Save it to your computer desktop and click on "Add Images" in your Imgur account. Then browse to the desktop, find your picture and select it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Ahhh, Imgur says it is not currently available on Macs...  That does explain my frustrated attempts.  Is there a way around that?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 03:29:25 PM
Ahhh, Imgur says it is not currently available on Macs...  That does explain my frustrated attempts.  Is there a way around that?

I could PM you an email addy and put it on my page at Imgur?
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 31, 2019, 11:33:01 AM
Having time to think in combat is a luxury I seldom had.
I would imagine!  As I remember a little more, the article was contrasting Napoleon era combat to WWII combat.  Combat training was better in WWII but not as much as I had thought it would be.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 31, 2019, 05:50:37 PM
I would imagine!  As I remember a little more, the article was contrasting Napoleon era combat to WWII combat.  Combat training was better in WWII but not as much as I had thought it would be.
The infantry in the Napoleonic Era had very little chance to exercise initiative. Line up, fire, reload, fire, reload, die.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 06:12:56 PM
OK, the T-34 was a rugged Soviet Tank that stood up to Nazi tanks well.  Why the names are similar is odd,  Was that just OUR name for them?
The Soviets were our allies, so "T-34" was our name for that tank. Same with IS-II (Ioseph Stalin II).

PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 31, 2019, 07:06:48 PM
The Soviets were our allies, so "T-34" was our name for that tank. Same with IS-II (Ioseph Stalin II).

Thank you.  And that IS a pretty awesome tank...

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Cavebear