More toxic masculinity condemned by the APA and Gillette razors ...

Started by Baruch, January 15, 2019, 07:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 21, 2019, 05:33:22 PM
The commercial isn't saying "all men are misogynist bastards" or something even similar. you're simply insisting the message is more than what it is.
The devil is in the details.

Some YouTube comments from the video:

Quote from: The Iconoclast
My comment had close to 3k upvotes, now it has disappeared.  How mysterious!

Quote from: Joe Doe
The more you tighten your grip, Gillette, the more thumbs down will slip through your fingers.

Quote from: Julian A. A. Young
Slander an entire gender for the degenerate actions of a few. Excellent business decision. For your competitors.

Quote from: blblbl
I have disliked this video 5 times already, everytime i come back i have to dislike again. Keep trying gillete

Quote from: Alejandro Levine
My comment hat 7k upotes and now it’s gone? Something suspicious here. Gillette will be losing a customer.

... and so on.

What are all these people missing?

---

Tell me. What would happen if a tampon-selling company told their female buyers to stop bullying and be a good role model for other women be received as? As something to be applauded, or as someone with a double standard and sexist?

---

The same director for the  Gillette commercial did a body positivity ad directed at women:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsP0W7-tEOc

Now, that is an ad direction P&G should've have went for instead of this PR disaster.

Shiranu

QuoteWhat are all these people missing?

If you have to ask that, you clearly haven't heard a thing anyone said.

No one is saying you are "missing" anything; we are saying you are seeing shit where there aint none.

QuoteTell me. What would happen if a tampon-selling company told their female buyers to stop bullying and be a good role model for other women be received as? As something to be applauded, or as someone with a double standard and sexist?

Except that's not what's happening in this commercial, so try again chief.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 21, 2019, 07:40:12 PM
All the people getting offended by the Gillette video are a bunch of perineums.

Oh, if you don't know what a perineum is, it's everything in between a pussy and an asshole.

Aka a dick ... since that is the third category in Team America ;-)

Republicans complain ... fft.
Democrats complain ... totally justified

Yes, it is not OK to encourage unhealthy views of female body in women.  All psychopathy is exaggeration of normal personality.  But yes, an excellent marketing to women ... to say what sluts they are ... while trying to market nail polish to them.

Different times and cultures have had different ideals of feminine beauty .. but Twiggy never caught on.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Imagine Gillette saying, "rape,,its not that bad compared to the lives of children in Ethiopia."  They would be right, you know. Being raped (I suppose) would be better than a lifetime of starvation and misery along with being raped and maybe having a limb loped off.....hey...it's all snowflakes and banana peels.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Sal1981

Quote from: Shiranu on January 21, 2019, 09:05:31 PM
If you have to ask that, you clearly haven't heard a thing anyone said.

No one is saying you are "missing" anything; we are saying you are seeing shit where there aint none.
Read it again, chief. They're actively deleting comments and downvotes.

Quote from: Shiranu on January 21, 2019, 09:05:31 PM
Except that's not what's happening in this commercial, so try again chief.
Women should hold other women accountable.

Shiranu

QuoteRead it again, chief. They're actively deleting comments and downvotes.

Shit, you're right. I forgot we are the one's who moderate the Youtube chat section. My bad.

That has nothing to do with you missing anything or seeing something where there is nothing, nor has anything to do with what either of us said.

QuoteWomen should hold other women accountable.

That's more accurate.

Of course, it then undermines what you said about people would be upset about that, since that is not something anyone would get upset over (at least, not any rational person... just weirdos who get triggered by shaving commercials), but eh... details.

Even in just the context of this thread, I don't think anyone is upset nor would be upset by an earnest statement that there are certain things women do to one another that should be discouraged and that women who point these these things out should be respected.

The problem is that's not what you are saying. What you are saying is, "HOW DARE THEY PICK ON US MEN! WOMEN SHOULD BE PICKED ON TOO THEN!" when no one is either picking on men nor saying they should be. You don't give a shit about "toxic femininity" when you post those videos, you just care about lashing out at people who have nothing to do with the topic at hand but are perceived as "the enemy" anyways.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 22, 2019, 07:50:02 AM
Women should hold other women accountable.
You can't delete downvotes... lol

Baruch

"Read it again, chief. They're actively deleting comments and downvotes."

"Women should hold other women accountable."

"Women should hold other women accountable." ... they do, often by doxing (gossip).  The matriarchy is far more prevalent in controlling women's behavior than the patriarchy these days.  Most people are naturally status-quo aka conservative.  Radicals always have to swim agains this, until they establish a new status-quo and are doxxed by their own children ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

You have nothing to back that up but the word of people whose word is worthless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 16, 2019, 05:01:49 PM
And your are???

He is in a protected sub-culture same as I am (though for different reasons).  #BelieveHim
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 22, 2019, 12:55:13 PM
You have nothing to back that up but the word of people whose word is worthless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some bobobos are more equal than others.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on January 22, 2019, 12:54:24 PM
"Women should hold other women accountable." ... they do, often by doxing (gossip).  The matriarchy is far more prevalent in controlling women's behavior than the patriarchy these days.  Most people are naturally status-quo aka conservative.  Radicals always have to swim agains this, until they establish a new status-quo and are doxxed by their own children ;-)
Are you on drugs?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on January 22, 2019, 03:11:13 PM
Are you on drugs?

Air is a molecule.  Water is too.  My body is mostly made up of the H2O drug, and I fill my lungs with the sweet delirium of O2 as often as I can.

It is well known in church circles, that the women police each other.  Of course if you are in the "raised by wolves" part of society, and aren't a hyena (matriarchy) then maybe the boy wolves have been a little rough with you.  But then, they are rough with everyone.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mermaid on January 22, 2019, 03:11:13 PM
Are you on drugs?
He's huffing that far right shit. Doesn't know which end is up anymore. In worse shape than a bad LSD trip