More toxic masculinity condemned by the APA and Gillette razors ...

Started by Baruch, January 15, 2019, 07:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Baruch, first of all the modern state is roughly 200 years old. Modernized marriage is not even hundred years old. Actually, before 1960s there isn't much modernisation in the Western society concerning the relationship between men and women. Turkey was founded in 1923. Family and civil law was taken from Switzerland and accepted in 1926.   

What 500 years? You cannot evaluate any events, phenomena, institutions before the modern state as the way you like it. I have told you this a hundred times. There is no law, there are no standards. Two different worlds. You don't just pick one thing and make a comparison.   

The exact reason whay things going down with the new generations is that they have the anthropological knowledge that modern love marriage is very young, but instead of revolutionising the institution, they are transforming it into an abomination while they have more choices than their parents and grandparents. They are going backwards. And they see this as 'winning the game', but is actually shooting themselves in the foot.

Marriage is older than Abrahamic religions. It's invented so we could survive. It's not invented by men or women for some agenda. Patriarchy in that sense is something developed with centralized management and army system. Before and still during that everyone has to start breeding as soon as they are physically able which is illegal in the developed modern society. People easily die and live very short as you know. When there are not enough men, the few have to marry with dozens of women, because there is a need of people. And while this isa modern man's fantasy, imagine how difficult and a ridiculous job it is. A girl has to try to get pregnant as soon as she starts bleeding, because if she is strong enough to give birth and live, only a few of those kids will survive.

We are living through an era where/when the anthropological knowledge gets twisted for political agenda or any kind of personal gain. Because most people, like you, don't bother with historical perspectives. That is the problem. Kids learn this, because it is about men and women and then apply this to some sort of 'how to win in life'. But without no historial perspective, experience; the real world it doesn't mean anything. It just feeds modern victimhood addiction.

They are trying to live their lives professionally. And it gets extreme and extreme. Result is in the open.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Plu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 29, 2019, 03:01:31 AM
My prejudice against traditional marriage has turned into something else in the last couple of years. I have seen one too many toxic relationships, people I have known for more than 20 years acting in ridiculous ways, doing things out of character. Esp. this ceremony industry; wedding business. OW OW. People are insane. Mostly, women are insane. I don't think it is just about middle east culture. Because before I thought that. It is nauseating.     

There is also another aspect. There was always a group of people treating marriage as life status, succces and meaning their lives, but now it seems that has reached some creepy, frightening levels. When I was younger we all talked about 'oh well it is an institution!'...blah blah. Now, it looks like 'it's a growing business!' for a growing group of people.   

Yeah. I'm still very happy my "wedding" involved only the minimum number of legally required witnesses and the 15 minute meeting at city hall to sign the document. We even screwed up the "I do" step just because it sounds so traditional and pointless. Stories about people breaking up over failing to plan a wedding together are crazy, and people ruining themselves financially for them as well.

And the whole treating the marriage itself as a form of success is even more stupid. My grandmother got a divorce from my grandfather after nearly 50 years of marriage. She's never been happier, as the marriage had been a downer for her for decades. But, you know, a divorce means you failed. Being miserable your entire life is a form of success. Such silliness.

Baruch

Drunkenshoe - People have been rutting for millennia, but it wasn't marriage.  And initially, marriage wasn't sanctified the way people do it now, originally you would have had to whore yourself at the Temple of Ishtar, to break you in ;-)  But on the Steppe, bride kidnapping was the norm.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on January 29, 2019, 06:29:18 AM
Drunkenshoe - People have been rutting for millennia, but it wasn't marriage.  And initially, marriage wasn't sanctified the way people do it now, originally you would have had to whore yourself at the Temple of Ishtar, to break you in ;-)  But on the Steppe, bride kidnapping was the norm.

Oh you idiot. Exactly like your generation, they confuse the real world and sex.   
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aitm on January 28, 2019, 04:30:07 PM
People who agree arguing like crazy over shit they really don't care about......ahhh this place is almost back to normal.......

I just realised everything started to go down after Buck was banned. Remember him? Not him specifically, but why he was banned? Sabrina was really spot on this. I am as much sober as you wrote that post. Pinky swear. Not the swear, the post.     

aitm

I believe Buck started having health issues and was becoming more and more argumentative. The council decided to pull the plug
Regrettably
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aitm on January 30, 2019, 12:28:55 PM
I believe Buck started having health issues and was becoming more and more argumentative. The council decided to pull the plug
Regrettably

Really? If there was a health issue, why didn't you tell it openly? It's an anonymous character, like we all are,  it would be the simplest thing to say out loud. Like you did with your thyroid issues. It's not even an issue.

Also, WOW, I have never seen you response anything this fast in the last 5 years, at least. What is it that bothers you? I was only talking about something   
that shaped the forum's fate like, 7 years ago?  Give or take. And it was casual.

aitm

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 30, 2019, 12:47:08 PM
Really? If there was a health issue, why didn't you tell it openly? It's an anonymous character, like we all are,  it would be the simplest thing to say out loud. Like you did with your thyroid issues. It's not even an issue.
I differ in your opinion about that, I have no issues talking about my issues. Someone else's is their business

QuoteAlso, WOW, I have never seen you response anything this fast in the last 5 years, at least. What is it that bothers you? I was only talking about something   
that shaped the forum's fate like, 7 years ago? 
I think maybe you are making more of this than there is. I have more time on my hands right now and just checked it. Dat all

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jason78

Quote from: Munch on January 16, 2019, 05:35:14 AM
It's honestly fascinating this kind of social and political cognitive dissonance on it's own religious level of denial.

Swap the genders around, show examples of toxic femininity, women who abuse men or children, how there are women who are misandrist. I think we can agree you'd 'notice the problem' then

But the numbers don't lie, the downvotes at least show people are kissed off with this bullshit from anti male indoctrination from social justice groups.

As athiests, I at least expected a bit more awareness on this kind of over the top pc crap that takes a small example of bad behaviour in people and uses that to apply to all people of one gender (unless their black only the black guys are redeemable in the add your notice).

But that's the problem with social political indoctrination, you've convinced yourselves your doing good, because your following the same kind of group trends that other groups do behind stained glass windows.

So much for free thinking.

Edit: also, you don't see the problem of them using a clip of a youtuber in their anti masculinity advert, who denies the Armenian Genocide? Really?

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Jason78 on January 30, 2019, 02:02:07 PM

This is exactly why I want to have sex with him and he why he constanly refuses.

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 30, 2019, 02:32:57 PM
This is exactly why I want to have sex with him and he why he constanly refuses.

you want to have sex with homer?

don't let me be someone to remark on peoples tastes..
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

No. I want to have sex with someone who actually wants to know me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGBM5vWiBLo

drunkenshoe

Plu

I'm not sure what the relevance of Blind Guardian is in this thread, but I'm not passing up an opportunity to listen to it :grin:

drunkenshoe