News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rise of the PC Tantrum

Started by Draconic Aiur, January 13, 2019, 07:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

The phrase "American culture" is an oxymoron.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 11, 2019, 07:39:05 PM
The phrase "American culture" is an oxymoron.

Says the cheese eating frog (sarc).  D'accorde?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on March 11, 2019, 07:39:44 PM
Says the cheese eating frog (sarc).  D'accorde?

do frogs eat cheese? never heard of it, so is that an oxymoron too?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Frogs eat flies.
Some flies are made of cheese
Therefore frogs eat cheese.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 11, 2019, 09:07:31 PM
Frogs eat flies.

It follows that ... Some frogs eat cheesy flies.  But not ... therefore (all) frogs eat cheese.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 11, 2019, 09:04:30 PM
do frogs eat cheese? never heard of it, so is that an oxymoron too?

Dull wit tonight?  Frog = Frenchman (at least politically).  Cheese = what France has to eat.  (sarc) = sarcasm, not oxymoron.  D'accorde = French for; you agree, don't you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: your_dude_james on March 11, 2019, 03:30:36 PM
The military is desperate, DESPERATE, to have women join the military just so they can pump up recruitment. Nevermind that outside of Russia and maybe Northern Europe during WWII there are practically 0 instances of them killing people in combat. YOU HAD ONE JOB

Well, "no", the military isn't trying to "pump up recruitment" by getting women to join.  It just complicates things by having aggressive young men and women together, they have to adjust basic training to allow for different strengths, and they have to develop 2 kinds of brain-washing techniques, and sex really complicates things WAY beyond what they want to deal with. 

They would rather not have to do that; simplicity is sort of the best and easiest arrangement, and there are enough young males to satisfy their needs.  But they follow orders well and if the government says women will be included, they will honestly do their best...

The whole basis of military training is to make everyone pretty much the same at first ad then find individual talents later.  And they are really struggling to make men and women the same at first.

They haven't found a formula for that.  Well, because society hasn't either.  There isn't one. 

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 17, 2019, 05:35:43 AM
Well, "no", the military isn't trying to "pump up recruitment" by getting women to join.  It just complicates things by having aggressive young men and women together, they have to adjust basic training to allow for different strengths, and they have to develop 2 kinds of brain-washing techniques, and sex really complicates things WAY beyond what they want to deal with. 

They would rather not have to do that; simplicity is sort of the best and easiest arrangement, and there are enough young males to satisfy their needs.  But they follow orders well and if the government says women will be included, they will honestly do their best...

The whole basis of military training is to make everyone pretty much the same at first ad then find individual talents later.  And they are really struggling to make men and women the same at first.

They haven't found a formula for that.  Well, because society hasn't either.  There isn't one. 

Correct.  But don't stereotype.  Most young men aren't fit for military duty either.  Some, but a smaller percentage of women, are fit for military duty.  I see it every day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 17, 2019, 06:24:22 AM
Correct.  But don't stereotype.  Most young men aren't fit for military duty either.  Some, but a smaller percentage of women, are fit for military duty.  I see it every day.

You make a typical mistake.  Yes, most young men are not fit for military duty.  I never was myself in spite of lettering in high school at soccer and golf (I only mention golf for accuracy, not physical ability).  2 years of soccer and I was as fit as I could possibly be.  And I was fit enough for military duty (being 5'4" tall at the time).  But there wasn't a single woman in the school who would have had any chance fighting me.  There were no women in the school who could have carried the same backpack on a 20 miles Boy Scout hike, and anything else that required strength.  And I wasn't even remotely CLOSE to being "strong" among other guys.  I was average, at best.

Now, there are some women so physically fit to beat me at some tests. (back then when I was young and healthy)  But as I said, I was average.

But that's not even the point.  The point is that the most physically-fit women cannot do as well as the average male in the what the military demands for combat.  You may think of office skills like drone-management and tactical planning.  I say let the women at it equally.  No difference there at all!

I hesitate to post this because I am sure to be misunderstood...  But I've done this much, so why not?

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on January 15, 2019, 07:27:13 PM
The whole world is turning into Planet Bull Dyke.
This has to be the most ignorant, hateful assholish thing I've ever seen you say. I don't know why I am even surprised.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 17, 2019, 07:20:37 AM
You make a typical mistake.  Yes, most young men are not fit for military duty.  I never was myself in spite of lettering in high school at soccer and golf (I only mention golf for accuracy, not physical ability).  2 years of soccer and I was as fit as I could possibly be.  And I was fit enough for military duty (being 5'4" tall at the time).  But there wasn't a single woman in the school who would have had any chance fighting me.  There were no women in the school who could have carried the same backpack on a 20 miles Boy Scout hike, and anything else that required strength.  And I wasn't even remotely CLOSE to being "strong" among other guys.  I was average, at best.

Now, there are some women so physically fit to beat me at some tests. (back then when I was young and healthy)  But as I said, I was average.

But that's not even the point.  The point is that the most physically-fit women cannot do as well as the average male in the what the military demands for combat.  You may think of office skills like drone-management and tactical planning.  I say let the women at it equally.  No difference there at all!

I hesitate to post this because I am sure to be misunderstood...  But I've done this much, so why not?

Beta males need not apply.  Alpha females welcome.  Anything wrong with that?  It isn't just about fitness.  I could not have served in uniform for multiple reasons.  But it is a privilege for me to work with those who can.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on March 17, 2019, 09:20:13 AM
This has to be the most ignorant, hateful assholish thing I've ever seen you say. I don't know why I am even surprised.

Sorry, It is satire (unmarked as such).  I have nothing against masculine women per se.  I do find it a crazy meme, for any sub-group of humans to think that they are going to be some uber-mensch template for the future of humanity.  No humility in that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 11, 2019, 09:07:31 PM
Frogs eat flies.

I hesitate to ask, but what flies are made of cheese?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 21, 2019, 04:25:28 AM
I hesitate to ask, but what flies are made of cheese?

A logical syllogism doesn't require empirical facts to be valid.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Couple things come to mind.

First is to point out that I tune out as soon as someone starts complaining about "SJWs" as if fighting for social justice is a bad thing or that social justice isn't something to fight for.  If you want to complain about people who are hypersensitive, or are looking for a reason to be offended, go right ahead, I'll probably even agree with you.  But if you want to do it by demonizing the idea of social justice, I am not interested in listening any further.

Second is that I have seen the accusation of rape either weaponized or used as a way to avoid punishment.  Yes, every accusation needs to be investigated seriously, as it's a serious accusation.  But I've also seen the letters from girls who've falsely accused people of rape so they could get out of a foster or treatment placement, trying to apologize for completely ruining an innocent man's life.  Alternately, there are the ones who reliably report being raped as soon as they've been arrested and taken to juvy, because they know it gums up the whole intake process, gets our office involved, and delays lockup for several hours.

Which leads me to the following position: an accusation is exactly that and requires proper investigation.  No one's word, not mine or anyone else's, gets to be taken as fact without further question.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan