Putin Spies Infiltrate MAJOR Christian Organization

Started by Unbeliever, January 12, 2019, 02:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 30, 2019, 07:59:48 PM
The first thing Christians would have to do, to follow Jesus (not Paul) would be to become Jewish, and celebrate Hannukah, not Christmas.

Last I checked, Jews weren't real thrilled about Jesus.  Nor Moslems were either.  And besides, Christmas makes no sense.  The wrong time of year.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 03, 2019, 05:07:36 AM
Last I checked, Jews weren't real thrilled about Jesus.  Nor Moslems were either.  And besides, Christmas makes no sense.  The wrong time of year.

Correct again.  Maybe today is better for you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Plu

Quote from: Cavebear on February 03, 2019, 05:07:36 AM

Don't both of those groups consider Jesus to be a prophet, sent by God? The three Abrahamic religions only disagree on the details when it comes to their religious figures.

Baruch

Quote from: Plu on February 04, 2019, 01:51:52 AM
Don't both of those groups consider Jesus to be a prophet, sent by God? The three Abrahamic religions only disagree on the details when it comes to their religious figures.

Christians and Muslims consider Jesus to be a prophet.  Christians also consider Jesus to be "Son of G-d".  Jews deny both in regards to Jesus.  We also deny that Muhammad was a prophet.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Here's a fellow who really sounds like he knows what he's talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnefEDB8ig4
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Russia has never really been democratic?  Shocker!!

Only ancient Athens, for awhile, was democratic, and it was a shit fest.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Shiranu on January 23, 2019, 08:46:06 PM
Stalin's and the Soviets' Russia still exists, it's just been keeping it's mouth shut while we forget they exist. But I don't doubt for a second people like Putin haven't* forgotten or forgiven how we wiped the floor with them.
It's also worth remembering that Vlad the Impaler Putin spent 16 years in the KGB, ending as a lieutenant colonel, and headed the FSB (its successor agency) from 1998-1999.  Infiltration and the recruitment of useful tools (say, a Republican candidate for the presidency of the United States, perchance?) were his job.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on February 07, 2019, 12:59:59 AM
It's also worth remembering that Vlad the Impaler Putin spent 16 years in the KGB, ending as a lieutenant colonel, and headed the FSB (its successor agency) from 1998-1999.  Infiltration and the recruitment of useful tools (say, a Republican candidate for the presidency of the United States, perchance?) were his job.

While I rag on the CIA/MI6 ... I do respect Putin for that reason.  He has survived the post-Soviet Russian Mafia ... who are the people the West would prefer to be dealing with.

So, we all object that Putin is pro-Russian then?  Isn't it really because he is anti-gay?

Obama/Clinton and Uranium One?  That would clearly have been treason in 1960.  Americans aren't anti-corruption, we are jealous that we aren't getting our fair share.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Plu on February 04, 2019, 01:51:52 AM

Of course.  How silly of me to not realize that Jews, Christians, and Moslems think alike about Jesus as THE SAVIOUR.

Are you dense?  Do you not even understand that the question of WHO is the Messiah (if and when) is the whole cause of the violent and hate-filled argument between these moronic fanatics?

Unbeliever

I think the fight is more about which religion will have the most adherents - and hence, the most money and power. This is why Catholics, Protestants and Muslims all hate abortion and condoms, since those make for fewer God-botherers.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 22, 2019, 01:20:11 PM
I think the fight is more about which religion will have the most adherents - and hence, the most money and power. This is why Catholics, Protestants and Muslims all hate abortion and condoms, since those make for fewer God-botherers.

Yeah, "the more, the merrier".  MSNBC mentioned today the the Catholic Church owns more land than is in California, has more adherents than any other (thank dios for Spain and SA), and I checked and found that it has $9.2 Billion in assets (not sure if that includes land, which is iffier).  Other religions are less organized, but surely have less. 

With about 1.1 billion adherents, the Catholics rank highest. 

Overall adherents, estimated in 2012:

Christians 2.4 billion
Islam 1.8 billion
Secular/atheist 1.2 billion
Hindu 1.14 billion
and it goes down from there.  Judaism was estimated at 14.4 million  I mention them only because most of my friends tend to be Jewish and don't try to convert me - I appreciate being unwanted sometimes, LOL!).

It is probably true that the future of most religions depends on who has the most babies.  Christian children don't usually suddenly become Hindus, etc.

There are so many things to dislike about religions I can't list them all (I reserve the right to do so at some future point) but mainly, too many seem to think that the Earth is for their taking of the resources (the idea being that mere humans cannot undo the resorces that their God has provided).

And more people is better (if the right theism, I suppose).  Every deity seems to need ever =vaster armies of laudatory singers.  Any stopping of a pregnancy seems to be a piss in God's eye to them. 

I'd write a book, but I hate te editing...  See back there?

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 22, 2019, 01:20:11 PM

Fortunately atheists don't have children, abort their pregnancies, and suicide?

Yes, Jews don't seek converts.  Neither does Shinto (it is ethnic Japanese, you have to be born into it also).  I have very little Jewish, but it overwhelms the rest of my ancestry.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 22, 2019, 06:32:27 PM
Fortunately atheists don't have children, abort their pregnancies, and suicide?

Yes, Jews don't seek converts.  Neither does Shinto (it is ethnic Japanese, you have to be born into it also).  I have very little Jewish, but it overwhelms the rest of my ancestry.

What a strange view you have of us.  I have never aborted a pregnancy nor considered suicide.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 22, 2019, 06:59:35 PM
What a strange view you have of us.  I have never aborted a pregnancy nor considered suicide.

You could have been the Darwinian father of hundreds, and failed (not saying that is bad).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 22, 2019, 07:18:20 PM
You could have been the Darwinian father of hundreds, and failed (not saying that is bad).

I have no great concern for my genes.  My siblings have done fine for me.  As to my specific ones about immunity to flu etc, that's the world's loss.