Putin Spies Infiltrate MAJOR Christian Organization

Started by Unbeliever, January 12, 2019, 02:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

"A Christian charity with ties to the National Prayer Breakfast reported unspecified expenses associated with having Russian guests attend the event in 2017 and possibly other years, federal tax documents show.

The guests may have included people picked by convicted Russian agent Maria Butina as part of a plan to create back-channel connections with U.S. policy-makers, many of whom attend the breakfast. One leader of the charity appears to match details the FBI has given about an unnamed breakfast organizer who aided Butina.

In her plea agreement, Butina admitted to acting as an agent of the Russian government without registering with the Justice Department.

The FBI says that Butina and her handler â€" widely reported to be Alexander Torshin, a Russian official said to be close to President Vladimir Putin â€" attended the breakfast to influence U.S politics. The tax records reviewed by TYT represent the first indication they may have received direct financial support in their efforts."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJhx6IGVS0Y

Again religion is used to shape political events. This wouldn't happen if they'd just obey the first amendment.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Since prayer is ineffective, why are you afraid of who attends the National Prayer Breakfast?  Does is bother you that Gorby and Putin are sort-of-Christian, who don't support gay rights and obscene public behavior?  Where is Comrade Stalin when you need him, eh comrades?

And the Russians use their brain wave transmitter to change peoples brains, like in Scanners ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

The "prayer breakfast" has nothing at all to do with religion, and everything to do with garnering power and influence.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 12, 2019, 07:40:15 PM
The "prayer breakfast" has nothing at all to do with religion, and everything to do with garnering power and influence.

Correct.  So you would ban all meetings, under the basis of assumed suspicion?  You need a good night's sleep or less funny chemicals in your body.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

justme

I'd ban the prayer thing! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack.  It's a Christian thing and it doesn't belong in The People's House. Period.  Let them pray in their closets or their churches.

Minimalist

There some shit in the bible about "rush in."  It doesn't translate well from Aramaic!
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on January 13, 2019, 02:52:28 PM
There some shit in the bible about "rush in."  It doesn't translate well from Aramaic!

Atheists so disappointed that Russia reverted to norm.  The only hope for atheist conquest lies with China, and their Democrat Party cat's paw (see Al Gore campaign accusation from 2000).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: justme on January 13, 2019, 02:29:48 PM
I'd ban the prayer thing! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack.  It's a Christian thing and it doesn't belong in The People's House. Period.  Let them pray in their closets or their churches.

Ironically, Jesus specifically said that people who pray in public are "hypocrites." The very idea of a "prayer breakfast" should be sacrilegious.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

I often point out to Christians that Jesus said not to pray in public, but they ignore me as they ignore their "Savior."
God Not Found

Blackleaf

Ironic how much of the Bible (including quotes from Jesus) Conservative Christians ignore. Especially considering they're the ones who claim their holy book is the perfect word of God.

Jesus: "It is impossible for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God."

Christians: "Well, you see, what he really means is that it is impossible for anyone to enter the Kingdom of God, because we're all sinners."

Jesus: "Render unto Caesar (the government) what is Causar's..."

Christians: "But our churches provide a service (read: indoctrination) to our community, so we don't have to pay taxes."

Jesus: "If a man demands your coat..."

Christians: "Tell him to get a job!"

Jesus: "...give him your shirt also. Whoever strikes your cheek..."

Christians: "Pull out your gun, and shoot him in self-defense!"
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

The Russians have infiltrated church organizations, the NRA, conservative think-tanks, were intentionally creating more conflict between groups like BLM and ALM, have close ties with multiple high-tier politicians (generally Republicans, but not always)...

But the idea that our elections may have been influenced by them is absolutely crazy, apparently, even though besides the evidence saying they were involved there is the fact that multiple other countries before the U.S. were accusing of the Russians of attempting to tamper with their elections.

Stalin's and the Soviets' Russia still exists, it's just been keeping it's mouth shut while we forget they exist. But I don't doubt for a second people like Putin haven't* forgotten or forgiven how we wiped the floor with them.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

I think Putin wants to be president of something much larger than Russia.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 23, 2019, 08:51:56 PM
I think Putin wants to be president of something much larger than Russia.

I think Xi thinks otherwise.  I think you have Russians under your bed (but that used to be a more common ailment).  I would be happy to give Russia, W Europe.  It would be yet another poison pill.  The indigestion that swallowing up just France would make, would be fatal for several empires worth.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 23, 2019, 08:08:55 PM
Ironic how much of the Bible (including quotes from Jesus) Conservative Christians ignore. Especially considering they're the ones who claim their holy book is the perfect word of God.

Jesus: "It is impossible for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God."

Christians: "Well, you see, what he really means is that it is impossible for anyone to enter the Kingdom of God, because we're all sinners."

Jesus: "Render unto Caesar (the government) what is Causar's..."

Christians: "But our churches provide a service (read: indoctrination) to our community, so we don't have to pay taxes."

Jesus: "If a man demands your coat..."

Christians: "Tell him to get a job!"

Jesus: "...give him your shirt also. Whoever strikes your cheek..."

Christians: "Pull out your gun, and shoot him in self-defense!"

Always let the bibls tell you what to do, LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

The first thing Christians would have to do, to follow Jesus (not Paul) would be to become Jewish, and celebrate Hannukah, not Christmas.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.