Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Islam Enters Congress

Started by pr126, January 12, 2019, 12:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: pr126 on February 01, 2019, 10:18:48 AM
Where do you get your "facts" from?
CNN, MSNBC, the biased media? The White Helmets? From Hamas itself? The UN?

You're one to talk about sources, you brainless moron. You get all of your "facts" from Fox News and other Right-Wing propaganda networks. You're calling Shiranu's sources biased? My god, man. Look in a fucking mirror.

Would you prefer sources like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYqnCXzJxJE
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

I have to be honest, I'm not sure what part of what I said would be fake news anyways...

The settlements are objectively true... neither side debates they exist, only if they are a bad thing or not. My opinion however is that breaking international law by tearing people's houses and businesses down at gun point then claiming foreign land as their own is both morally wrong and counter productive to the peace talks... I am open to debate that, but I have no interest in debating on if something both left and right agree is happening is happening.

Likewise the fact that Israel was blocking humanitarian aide and shipments of medication to the West Bank is also agreed on. The argument from anti-Palestinian people is that they were shipping weapons in as well, and I don't mind debating if there are issues like that, but the truth is that medics and non-partisan journalists and observers have been harassed and even killed by the IDF despite being clearly marked as non-combatants.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on January 30, 2019, 01:26:19 PM
you still think modern day western conservative Christians are on the same level as Islamic followers?

or do I have to remind you the worst attack on gays in america happened just 2 years ago, by a guy following Islamic beliefs?

To answer this question from page 1...

No. But I also don't believe that all Muslims, particularly American Muslims, are inherently worse than conservative Christians.

Even the devout Muslims I know are not vocal about their beliefs, much less trying to force them on anyone, in large part because that would be social suicide for them... as well as the fact they are generally better educated and better off finacially than your average American.

This rhetoric is, yet again, literally borderline no different from the anti-Jewish rhetoric of early 1900s Europe, or the anti-Catholic sentiments we had here in the States around the same time.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on February 01, 2019, 09:25:09 AM
I think Trump will win another term in 2020, which means that you lot can look forward to being miserable for another 6 hateful years.

Once hateful, always hateful.  I have hated life since 1963-ish.  Prove me wrong.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 01, 2019, 09:29:18 AM
If that's the worst thing you have on her...

Sorry, you need to check your INCEL privilege ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Plu on February 01, 2019, 09:27:08 AM
Or enjoy 6 more years of brilliant comedy. I've never watched as many US comedy shows as I have since you guys elected Trump :grin:

Not me.  I voted for Gary Johnson.  I would have voted for the corpse of Hitler, before voting for Hitlery.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 01, 2019, 09:41:12 AM
Saying that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict has lead to massive suffering, and the Israelis aren't the saints that they are made out to be, is hardly anti-Semitic.

Being anti-Apartheid did not make Nelson Mandela an anti-Anglo, nor did fighting for civil rights mean MLK was racist against white people. Standing up to someone committing an ethical violation does not mean you hate everyone of their ethnicity.

Also, just to be clear... you are okay with Christian theocrats being elected and sitting presidents bragging about sexual assault, it's just when a Muslim woman wears cultural attire that suddenly it's too much religion in politics or the word fuck suddenly becomes to vulgar, yes?

You either fight for food and water, or you die.  I know which the NPCs have chosen.  To be martyred as pacifist scum.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 01, 2019, 11:24:09 AM
https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Muslim-Democratic-congressional-candidate-calls-Israel-apartheid-regime-562095

https://forward.com/fast-forward/416979/rashida-tlaib-and-linda-sarsour-wear-palestinian-robes-to-congress/

Neither of those quotes are antisemitic. Anti-Israel is not antisemitic. A Neo-Nazi saying that he'd rather have a President who didn't let his daughter marry a Jew is antisemitic. Israel is deserving of criticism. They've been mooching off of our tax dollars for years now, and they get away with it because Christian Republicans still think that the Israelites are "God's chosen people."

"I believe every human being deserves to live with dignity."

OMG! What a terribly hateful thing to say! We must get this maniac out of Congress immediately!

Per Jewish officials, you are wrong.  I am a Jewish heretic, I happen to agree with you.  So who gets to determine what is Jim Crow?  The KKK?  Or their victims?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 01, 2019, 12:47:23 PM
To answer this question from page 1...

No. But I also don't believe that all Muslims, particularly American Muslims, are inherently worse than conservative Christians.

Even the devout Muslims I know are not vocal about their beliefs, much less trying to force them on anyone, in large part because that would be social suicide for them... as well as the fact they are generally better educated and better off finacially than your average American.

This rhetoric is, yet again, literally borderline no different from the anti-Jewish rhetoric of early 1900s Europe, or the anti-Catholic sentiments we had here in the States around the same time.

More like you want it to be anti race rhetoric to feed that virtue signalling. My argument is and always has been on the basis of cult like mentality created though religious indoctrination, which let's me at least separate someones ethnicity and where they came from apart from the indoctrinated beliefs they carry.

Or shall I give full details of the time I went on a date with a man of middle eastern decent and blew him under the seats, or the fact my cousin is getting married to her middle eastern boyfriend after years together and overjoyed for them?

I can separate someones faith from the person if they are prepared to make the effort. Seems like you can't get do that.
But then I'm guessing you think every white person you see might be an evil white Christian conservative, so makes sense in that regard.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on February 01, 2019, 04:05:15 PM
More like you want it to be anti race rhetoric to feed that virtue signalling. My argument is and always has been on the basis of cult like mentality created though religious indoctrination, which let's me at least separate someones ethnicity and where they came from apart from the indoctrinated beliefs they carry.

Or shall I give full details of the time I went on a date with a man of middle eastern decent and blew him under the seats, or the fact my cousin is getting married to her middle eastern boyfriend after years together and overjoyed for them?

I can separate someones faith from the person if they are prepared to make the effort. Seems like you can't get do that.
But then I'm guessing you think every white person you see might be an evil white Christian conservative, so makes sense in that regard.

You're evading the issue again. No one is denying that a cult mentality exists among Muslims. No one here is a fan of their religion. The point is that just because someone is a Muslim doesn't mean they're going to strap bombs to their chests and blow up a building. There are peaceful Muslims, just like there are peaceful Christians. Some of them are shitheads, just like some Christians are shitheads. Some of them practice their religion privately, and let other people live their own lives. Living under a secular government makes that possible.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 31, 2019, 06:52:20 PM
I'm sure you didn't mean to vote only for atheist candidates
Correct.  That is not my position.  I meant "religious cretin" with theocrats (Christian or Muslim) in mind.  I have no problem with either so long as they abide by secular law and don't seek to undermine it.

QuoteHell, if a Moderate Muslim ran for office as a Democrat, I'd gladly vote for them over a Conservative Christian candidate any day.
I can picture the ensuing PR thread:  "Atheist votes for jihadism.  Liberal traitors to Western civilization embrace dhimmi status, just as Orwell predicted."

Baruch

A secular government, doesn't equal a secular country.  Sweden is secular, the US is not.  I think that freedom of religion (or none) is high in both countries, but for different reasons.  Both governments are secular.  But as long as many religious people vote, people here are afraid, very afraid.  This is why totalitarianism is necessary, you have to stop the shithead voters from voting.  Only the virtue-signaling Illuminati get to vote (just like in the day, only the votes of Communist Party members mattered).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Somalia-Born Candidate for Congress Accused of Immigration/Marriage Fraud
QuoteThe Democratic candidate for a safe seat in the U.S. House of Representatives stands accused of immigration/marriage fraud and bigamy. The district is in Minnesota.

More precisely, Somalia-born, now-naturalized Ilhan Omar is accused of marrying her own brother while being married to another, as well as misuse of campaign funds, two probably unrelated matters.

The apparently cosmopolitan Omar, 36, is said to have used $3,000 in campaign funds for personal travel, including a trip to Estonia. The somewhat jumbled AP account of these events fails to explain why she went to that little country, which seems to be distant from either her background or her political ambitions.

Omar admits the marriage, more or less her second, to Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, and says that he is not her brother, but refuses to release any documents or specific information to support her story

Refuses to release specific information/documents?  Where did we hear this before?

Plu

QuoteRefuses to release specific information/documents?  Where did we hear this before?

Oh dear. Looks like you guys found your 2020 President, then :grin:

Baruch

Quote from: Plu on February 02, 2019, 03:11:28 AM
Oh dear. Looks like you guys found your 2020 President, then :grin:

When you release "your" permanent record, including taxes etc, and not being perfect, you are shamed into suicide thru Internet bullying ... then you can tell us if this is a good idea.

If we aren't puritans, then these pecadillos don't amount to much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.