News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hat Crime.

Started by pr126, February 25, 2019, 12:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

This is getting more and more disturbing by the day. I feel like I am going to read about you in the news, and not in a good way.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

pr126

Quote from: Mermaid on February 25, 2019, 11:01:11 AM
This is getting more and more disturbing by the day. I feel like I am going to read about you in the news, and not in a good way.

Try this:

Modify profile > Edit Ignore List > Add To Ignore List

Member: Pr126

Saves you a lot of anxiety. Your personal safe space.

Baruch

In America, if your identity isn't American (not same as White or male or straight or religious) ... then you are an enemy alien, a fifth columnist.  Just like the scum of the 1960s.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

QuoteYou don't want America to be great?

Maybe you can tell me when it so great the first time?
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on February 25, 2019, 02:58:23 PM

Death to America ... says Japanese war lord, SS colonel, etc ... Gotta love people who root for the Bugs to kill off humanity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Minimalist on February 25, 2019, 02:58:23 PM

Easy.
According to Michelle Obama, when her Husband won the presidency.
And of course the Obama years.

Those were the days my friend, we thought they never end... (Mary Hopkins)

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on February 25, 2019, 02:43:50 AM
I'm going to be honest, I'm getting a bit concerned for you, pr. You're posts lately are really getting... out there...

You are just noticing?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on February 25, 2019, 03:30:23 AM
Do you see a pattern? Not to worry.

There are many millions all over North America and Europe whom think like me.
Look at the yellow wests in France. 15 weeks of revolt and spreading to other countries.

Look at Hungary, Poland, Chech Republic, Slovakia.

Not everybody wants utopia. It has been tried, always failed.

Ever wondered that if the west is so bad, racist, far right, fascist, intolerant then why is everybody clamouring to get in?
Virtually, billions want to live in the west. Why?

Not because of people who think like you do.  They want to come here because of people who welcome those who work hard and are willing to start at the bottom and work up.  Who admire a place where freedom exists, who are willing to learn a new language, who are willing to let go of their past and learn a new culture. 

Do you know what typically happens with immigrants?

The originals work crap jobs.  But struggle hard to get their kids into school.  Their kids tend to be bi-lingual (to speak to their parents and to speak to their school friends).  THEIR kids often don't speak any of the grandparents original language.  Why should they.? They are American and they speak perfectly good American English.

Baruch

And we hire foreign doctors, programmers and engineers ... they aren't all cleaning ladies ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 26, 2019, 06:47:16 AM
And we hire foreign doctors, programmers and engineers ... they aren't all cleaning ladies ;-)

That's kind of my point, stultus...  Can you not treat anything post seriously?  Not everyone in the world who wants to come here is a janitor.  You insult them all.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on February 26, 2019, 04:18:34 AM
Easy.
According to Michelle Obama, when her Husband won the presidency.

From, literally, your own link...

QuoteSo, Obama’s remark was made before her husband had won the Democratic nomination and nine months before was elected president.

And Obama said she was proud because Americans were hungry for change, not just because her husband was winning.

What I was clearly talking about was that I'm proud in how Americans are engaging in the political process. For the first time in my lifetime, I'm seeing people rolling up their sleeves in a way that I haven't seen and really trying to figure this out -- and that's the source of pride that I was talking about.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 26, 2019, 08:17:10 AM
That's kind of my point, stultus...  Can you not treat anything post seriously?  Not everyone in the world who wants to come here is a janitor.  You insult them all.

You are an insult to all non-millionaires, are you not?  They are coming for you, Mr Burns ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.