News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Things Religionists Say

Started by trdsf, January 09, 2019, 10:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

If there's a non-denominational list of dumb things said by religious leaders of any sort, I haven't found it, so I'll start one.

And I'll lead off with Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kiril's pronouncement that smartphone use might summon the antichrist... oy.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Well just look at the guy.  He's too old to get a smart phone, and he probably thinks there's an ap to call the antichrist.  This is why they don't want people to get too smart.  He probably wrote that memo on ruled paper with his pencil.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on January 09, 2019, 11:09:38 AM
Well just look at the guy.  He's too old to get a smart phone, and he probably thinks there's an ap to call the antichrist.  This is why they don't want people to get too smart.  He probably wrote that memo on ruled paper with his pencil.

Ruled paper???  Didn't think their technology was that high.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on January 09, 2019, 10:53:11 AM
If there's a non-denominational list of dumb things said by religious leaders of any sort, I haven't found it, so I'll start one.

And I'll lead off with Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kiril's pronouncement that smartphone use might summon the antichrist... oy.

QuoteBut not all social media users were convinced.

Well, that's something, at least...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 09, 2019, 01:30:45 PM
Well, that's something, at least...
I was hoping it might at least mean a few of Putin's hacker corps might quit on religious grounds.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

I doubt they're allowed to just up and quit, for any reason - it might be bad for their health.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on January 09, 2019, 10:53:11 AM

He has the ear of Putin=Satan.  No wonder all gays and atheists want to nuke Holy Russia.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on January 09, 2019, 03:50:07 PM
I was hoping it might at least mean a few of Putin's hacker corps might quit on religious grounds.  :)

Democrats using CIA tools to mimic-Russian hacking ... you mean?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

When it comes to ridiculous things religious people say, I still think back to 1987 when television preacher Oral Roberts emotionally blackmailed his supporters, claiming if they did not send donations totaling $8 million dollars within three months that God would "call me home." The sad thing was Roberts received over $9 million from the desperate and gullible prompting other preachers to get in on the scam.

Unbeliever

Well, Barnum was right - there really is a sucker born every minute!

Though, apparently, he never said it.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 09, 2019, 07:53:41 PM
When it comes to ridiculous things religious people say, I still think back to 1987 when television preacher Oral Roberts emotionally blackmailed his supporters, claiming if they did not send donations totaling $8 million dollars within three months that God would "call me home." The sad thing was Roberts received over $9 million from the desperate and gullible prompting other preachers to get in on the scam.

Charlton Heston did it better on Saturday Night Live.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 09, 2019, 07:57:46 PM
Well, Barnum was right - there really is a sucker born every minute!

Though, apparently, he never said it.

He couldn't say it, if he was busy doing fellatio ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Dumb Things the theists said:

1.  The Torah
2.  The Christian Bible.
3.  The Quoran,
4.  Anything else any idiot theist ever said.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 12, 2019, 03:37:19 AM
Dumb Things the theists said:

1.  The Torah
2.  The Christian Bible.
3.  The Quoran,
4.  Anything else any idiot theist ever said.

Death to Abrahamics?  But too ignorant to mention the other half of the human race (Hindus and Buddhists mostly).

Dumb things atheists say?  They can't help themselves, they are monkeys like everyone else.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Here's a dumb thing a theist said:

QuoteHe couldn't say it, if he was busy doing fellatio ;-)
God Not Found