News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Wall?

Started by Baruch, January 08, 2019, 08:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

The Berlin Wall was built to keep people in.  The equivalent would be Mexico building a wall to keep people in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PQjqoCgYdA

The long delayed (multiple administrations) effective border security is to keep people out, not keep people in.

In addition to building effective security borders (say like Hungary has done) ... close that border completely.  Nobody goes in or out.  If you are American, and legally out of the country, then when you come back, you have to go thru a different point of entry.  You will get home.  Limit all foreign access to the US, thru easily controlled ports of call.  If necessary build the same security border to prevent Canada using human trafficking as a weapon, as Mexico has done.

We can still let in 500K legal immigrants per year, more than most countries.  Also don't allow any foreign visa entry by tourists to the US, unless they put up a $5000 bond on each traveler (bond bailsman) that encourages them to not forget to go home.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

Mod edit: Fixed it for you.

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Minimalist

I don't know why the IMG tags did not work on that one.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

_Xenu_

Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Cavebear

Quote from: Minimalist on January 08, 2019, 08:55:59 PM

No objection from me about that. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

We shut down the government because of a wall.  It's a fucking wall.  We won't see another healthcare bill for 20 years, because Democrats and Republicans can't agree, so they just avoid it.  But a wall is worth shutting down the government over?  Well you see, it's to keep out the terrorists.  I imagine the terrorists are pissed off as Hell because now they have to fly in.  Oh wait, that's how they always come in. The Mexicans are pissed off too.  Now they have to bring ladders into the country, but we can make them pay a ladder import tax, and that will discourage them.  We should just charge Mexicans admission.  For the chronic offenders, we could sell them annual passes.  And while all this bullshit is going on, we have issues to deal with that are so much more important.  The country has gone insane.

Baruch

The government should be permanently shut down, to de-power feral politics ;-)  It is too useful for both good and evil.

BTW - I went to bed before Trump spoke.  I don't support him or his antagonists.

It was a sleeper.  The Democrats shadow-punched a speech that wasn't made.

Democrats continue to double down on their George McGovern is god, everyone needs to toke, while having an orgy with trannies, while Metal blares from the speakers in the black painted room with the ultraviolet active decals.

i am in favor of legal immigration.  But contra pr126, while the intent is to replace the existing population, I want it to replace the Democrats, who can be deplatformed by removing their legal citizenship and they are all deported to Venezuela ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhyDRbdVlS0

Now that is how to deplatform the Left.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

What's the big deal about this wall for America's budget anyway?

Mexico's going to pay for it, right?
Right?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 09, 2019, 06:34:59 AM
Mexico's going to pay for it, right?
Right?
Where Trump came up with that notion is beyond me.

Minimalist

He pulled it out of his ass, like everything else.

-- H. L. Mencken

Blackleaf

Quote from: SGOS on January 09, 2019, 11:14:51 AM
Where Trump came up with that notion is beyond me.

Probably the same place he gets all his notions. It just came to him one day while he was trying to draw inside the lines of a coloring book while watching PAW Patrol or Fox & Friends.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Sorginak

I like walls.  They stand between me and everyone else.

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 09, 2019, 11:53:25 AM
Probably the same place he gets all his notions. It just came to him one day while he was trying to draw inside the lines of a coloring book while watching PAW Patrol or Fox & Friends.
Fox & Friends, maybe. I suspect Paw Patrol is too advanced for him.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Quote from: Minimalist on January 08, 2019, 08:55:59 PM

Ah, so that's how to spell his name! Thanks!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on January 09, 2019, 04:51:36 AM
We shut down the government because of a wall.  It's a fucking wall.  We won't see another healthcare bill for 20 years, because Democrats and Republicans can't agree, so they just avoid it.  But a wall is worth shutting down the government over?  Well you see, it's to keep out the terrorists.  I imagine the terrorists are pissed off as Hell because now they have to fly in.  Oh wait, that's how they always come in. The Mexicans are pissed off too.  Now they have to bring ladders into the country, but we can make them pay a ladder import tax, and that will discourage them.  We should just charge Mexicans admission.  For the chronic offenders, we could sell them annual passes.  And while all this bullshit is going on, we have issues to deal with that are so much more important.  The country has gone insane.
Once we can keep the terrorists from coming in at the southern border we'll have to have another wall across the entire northern border to keep them from scooting right in from Canada. But we have to have safe borders, so it will be well worth the cost, even if we have to spend every last (shrinking) penny of the GDP.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman