Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Bravo Belgium

Started by Minimalist, January 06, 2019, 01:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on January 06, 2019, 04:30:40 AM
Not funny.

That's subjective, but you were the one to imply me as a 'bent on theist-killing east-german' first.
Word of advice Baruch; puns are okay. Great even, I love wordplay. (Second greatest source for comedy in my book.) But don't talk solely in hyperbole. It doesn't make you look smart. It's just annoying, and you'll get responses of people who get fed up with that.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

pr126

@ Mr.Obvious

No, I don't mean individual houses or someone's backyard.
I mean industrial size working slaughter houses all over Europe.

Also, halal slaughter happens to be a profitable industry, benefits Islam only, since only Muslims can do it.
Halal certification, not just for meat means income for Islam.

But there is also a way around this ban (should it be enforced), import the meat from countries less bothered about halal slaughter.

But no, I don't expect any enforcement of the ban. It is just to placate some opposition.
A politician's promise? Or wishful thinking?

SGOS

Quote from: Minimalist on January 06, 2019, 01:14:25 AM
religious minorities in Belgium and other countries fear that they are the targets of bigotry under the guise of animal protection.
Religion needs to be free to cause suffering where it's necessary, because the magic that happens during food preparation requires a measure of barbaric cruelty.  Animal protection is only a guise to discriminate against the faithful and force us to eat unclean food, because no one really cares about what happens to animals.  Caring about animals is a guise.  Such liars are more rotten than the most disgusting lowly creature, the dog, which must be kicked and beaten and left in the dust to learn respect for its master.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on January 06, 2019, 06:28:59 AM
Religion needs to be free to cause suffering where it's necessary, because the magic that happens during food preparation requires a measure of barbaric cruelty.  Animal protection is only a guise to discriminate against the faithful and force us to eat unclean food, because no one really cares about what happens to animals.  Caring about animals is a guise.  Such liars are more rotten than the most disgusting lowly creature, the dog, which must be kicked and beaten and left in the dust to learn respect for its master.

Again, the idea that other people are dancing savages from an old National Geo magazine.

Yes, corporations really care ... not.  Being a secular person ... is a guise.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 06, 2019, 04:25:52 AM
As long as we are permitted to use sedation first, eh?

Could we sedate them by bashing them rapidly in the head with whatever fucking holy book they use?
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: pr126 on January 06, 2019, 05:47:11 AM
@ Mr.Obvious

No, I don't mean individual houses or someone's backyard.
I mean industrial size working slaughter houses all over Europe.

Also, halal slaughter happens to be a profitable industry, benefits Islam only, since only Muslims can do it.
Halal certification, not just for meat means income for Islam.

But there is also a way around this ban (should it be enforced), import the meat from countries less bothered about halal slaughter.

But no, I don't expect any enforcement of the ban. It is just to placate some opposition.
A politician's promise? Or wishful thinking?

Oh! Like a british-beneficial brexit?
Anyways, pot-shot aside; We can't tell another country, not even one in the union, to make it's laws regarding something like this match ours. (Nor can any do the same to us.) But I do expect Belgian law to be upheld, to where it's jurisdiction extends. Upheld by fallible humans in a fallible system. Like any law in our, or your country. But upheld none the less.

Munch

it is some good news I think we can all agree on. But like others, the cynic in me thinks it'll be revoked within a few months claiming its a human rights violation to not let a mass cult perform its ritual sacrifice of animals.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Munch on January 06, 2019, 04:59:40 PM
it is some good news I think we can all agree on. But like others, the cynic in me thinks it'll be revoked within a few months claiming its a human rights violation to not let a mass cult perform its ritual sacrifice of animals.

Well, we'll see. I suppose. The jewish community is appealing to higher court to have it revoked.
Who knows, maybe I'll be eating my words in a few months time. But I doubt it.

Minimalist

They could always go back to the desert and live the way they want.

Just saying.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 06, 2019, 04:25:52 AM
As long as we are permitted to use sedation first, eh?
Ah, come on Mr. Obvious, god will give them all the sedation they need.  Right??  Of Course.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on January 06, 2019, 11:28:34 AM
Could we sedate them by bashing them rapidly in the head with whatever fucking holy book they use?

Not serious.  Bashing with a holy book doesn't even kill atheists ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 06, 2019, 04:58:26 PM
Oh! Like a british-beneficial brexit?
Anyways, pot-shot aside; We can't tell another country, not even one in the union, to make it's laws regarding something like this match ours. (Nor can any do the same to us.) But I do expect Belgian law to be upheld, to where it's jurisdiction extends. Upheld by fallible humans in a fallible system. Like any law in our, or your country. But upheld none the less.

But you do wish to be the center of the EU diktat.  So why not move the EU capital to Berlin, where it should be.  And Brussels can go back to making marzipan.  Belgium is like Maryland and Brussels is like Washington DC.  Y'all get an artificially higher standard of living, because you merit it ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on January 06, 2019, 05:03:00 PM
They could always go back to the desert and live the way they want.

Just saying.

We could just kill all the Gentiles ... bwhaah.  Actually since we Jews control everything already, we can get half the Gentiles to kill the other half ... oh, someone already implemented that plan ... the modern version is called Agenda 21.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on January 06, 2019, 09:40:52 PM
But you do wish to be the center of the EU diktat.  So why not move the EU capital to Berlin, where it should be.  And Brussels can go back to making marzipan.  Belgium is like Maryland and Brussels is like Washington DC.  Y'all get an artificially higher standard of living, because you merit it ;-)

We'll stick to making chocolate, generating pedofile-natured-scandals and riding the wave of economical growth under nationalistic-nihilism, if it's all the same to you.

drunkenshoe

Ahahahah. I hope so. Denmark did this.

This is not just something about animal rights. Religious groups keep asking for special treatment more and more all the time. They ask for all kosher/helal meat stores for themselves to shop. Then they will ask special places to eat. Then they will ask... But if they get the high numbers in a region, they won't let stores to sell pork or alcoholic beverages or whatnot. And a lot of companies respond to this bullshit, because it is a lot of money.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp