News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Bravo Belgium

Started by Minimalist, January 06, 2019, 01:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimalist

Time for these primitive barbarians to get a smackdown.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/05/world/europe/belgium-ban-jewish-muslim-animal-slaughter.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

QuoteBRUSSELS â€" A Belgian ban on the Muslim and Jewish ways of ritually slaughtering animals went into effect on New Year’s Day, part of a clash across Europe over the balance between animal welfare and religious freedom.

With both animal rights advocates and right-wing nationalists pushing to ban ritual slaughter, religious minorities in Belgium and other countries fear that they are the targets of bigotry under the guise of animal protection.

“It is impossible to know the true intentions of people,” said Yaakov David Schmahl, a senior rabbi in Antwerp. “Unless people state clearly what they have in mind, but most anti-Semites don’t do that.”

Tough shit, pal.  No one is forcing you to eat bacon.

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on January 06, 2019, 01:14:25 AM
Time for these primitive barbarians to get a smackdown.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/05/world/europe/belgium-ban-jewish-muslim-animal-slaughter.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Tough shit, pal.  No one is forcing you to eat bacon.

Actually there is concern even traditionally, for the condition of the animal to be slaughtered.  Are you a fucking vegetarian?  Do you know where your fucking hamburger came from?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

I would bet a months pension that the ban on halal slaughter will either be lifted or ignored if they persist.

Just like with FGM, the prosecution did not succeed.

Charges dropped in first federal genital mutilation case in US
Quote(CNN)A Detroit judge has dropped nearly all the charges against a Michigan doctor accused of performing female genital mutilation on at least nine underage girls, according to court documents.

In a decision filed Tuesday, Judge Bernard Friedman ruled that the federal female genital mutilation law is unconstitutional and that Congress did not have the right to criminalize the practice, and therefore he dismissed six of eight charges in the United States' first federal case involving the procedure.
"Congress overstepped its bounds by legislating to prohibit [female genital mutilation]," Friedman wrote, calling it a "local criminal activity" for the states to regulate, not Congress.

Must not upset the Muslims, if you know what's good for you.

“Congress shall make no law … prohibiting the free exercise (of religion)” is called the free-exercise clause of the First Amendment. The free-exercise clause pertains to the right to freely exercise one's religion. It states that the government shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise of religion."

trdsf

Also, every time a religion has found itself up against a civil society no longer willing to put up with outdated and/or morally unacceptable practices, someone in the appropriate position of authority has had a "divine revelation" that put the religion in line with civil law.  Exhibit A: Mormons and polygamy.

It won't happen tomorrow, but it will happen eventually.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

pr126

Muslims and polygamy are well known and accepted in Europa and North America.
Well, anywhere the Muslims have migrated in the western countries.

Why not Mormons?

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90857818

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/11108763/The-Men-with-Many-Wives-the-British-Muslims-who-practise-polygamy.html

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: pr126 on January 06, 2019, 02:24:36 AM
I would bet a months pension that the ban on halal slaughter will either be lifted or ignored if they persist.

I would take that bet, if we were to put a time stamp on it.
You are such an authority on the european mainland and its inevitable communist, marxist, islamic collapse, after all. You'd be able to determined when exactly when the government would pussy-out.

I remember Well when you posted a vid about sharia for belgium last year, posting it as an example of how we give extremists free range, when we'd already shut that shit down years prior.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

pr126

Are you expecting the halal slaughter to cease? Or prosecution to follow?
Not going to happen.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on January 06, 2019, 03:06:16 AM
Also, every time a religion has found itself up against a civil society no longer willing to put up with outdated and/or morally unacceptable practices, someone in the appropriate position of authority has had a "divine revelation" that put the religion in line with civil law.  Exhibit A: Mormons and polygamy.

It won't happen tomorrow, but it will happen eventually.

Does civil society support meat eating?  Triggered?

I find secular behavior to be .. unacceptable.  But why should you obey me or be punished?  See, everyone is a tyrant.  Secular society or religious society ... just say no, anarchists unite!  And ban all marriage.  Obama should be the Wakanda king of a giant harem.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 06, 2019, 03:47:23 AM
I would take that bet, if we were to put a time stamp on it.
You are such an authority on the european mainland and its inevitable communist, marxist, islamic collapse, after all. You'd be able to determined when exactly when the government would pussy-out.

I remember Well when you posted a vid about sharia for belgium last year, posting it as an example of how we give extremists free range, when we'd already shut that shit down years prior.

Good luck with that.  Kill all theists.  Show what good GDR you are?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on January 06, 2019, 04:12:07 AM
Not going to happen.

But halal if done right, is the same as kosher.  It is secular slaughter that is horrendous.  Capitalism at its best.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: pr126 on January 06, 2019, 04:12:07 AM
Not going to happen.

Do I think slaughterhouses are going to get a pass on slaughtering sheep without the use of electroshock? (Which is what the ban is about.) I actually don't, no.
Am I so naive as to think that nowhere in Belgium there won't be a sheep whose throat is cut in some guy's basement? No, I'm not that naive. Do I think the police will be able to use their glass ball to magically find these households and bring them to justice in a wave akin to a prohibition? No. Crimes at home are one of the hardest things to find out. Do I expect the law to be uphold to the best of it's possibilities and some people to be prosecuted when they are indeed caught dealing in these slaughters? Yes.

But that wasn't what you said: you bet a month's pension on the law being revoked for halal meat or police turning a blind eye. That I don't think will happen.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on January 06, 2019, 04:14:13 AM
Good luck with that.  Kill all theists.  Show what good GDR you are?

As long as we are permitted to use sedation first, eh?

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 06, 2019, 04:23:05 AM
Do I think slaughterhouses are going to get a pass on slaughtering sheep without the use of electroshock? (Which is what the ban is about.) I actually don't, no.
Am I so naive as to think that nowhere in Belgium there won't be a sheep whose throat is cut in some guy's basement? No, I'm not that naive. Do I think the police will be able to use their glass ball to magically find these households and bring them to justice in a wave akin to a prohibition? No. Crimes at home are one of the hardest things to find out. Do I expect the law to be uphold to the best of it's possibilities and some people to be prosecuted when they are indeed caught dealing in these slaughters? Yes.

But that wasn't what you said: you bet a month's pension on the law being revoked for halal meat or police turning a blind eye. That I don't think will happen.

I am not saying, I support unregulated slaughter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 06, 2019, 04:25:52 AM
As long as we are permitted to use sedation first, eh?

Not funny.  But yes, if we sedate the animal, that is a good thing, an improvement over the US practice of driving big nails into the head of your steer.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on January 06, 2019, 04:29:41 AM
I am not saying, I support unregulated slaughter.

I wasn't saying you were.
I wasn't talking to you in that post.