News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Millennials: The "Burnedout" Generation

Started by Shiranu, January 05, 2019, 10:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aitm on January 07, 2019, 05:37:41 PM
Well I will jump on the ole wagon of social media being a fault for raising a generation or 2 or more to neurosis. I cannot imagine the stress that young children must go through trying to be friends or cool in todays social media when jealousy is so fuckin easy to administer via shame and ridicule against young minds. The suicide rate is going out the window, kids are doing all kinds of stupid shit to fit in. And....this is not localized. It is not being picked on by a couple guys in your gym class, christ they can recruit several hundred from across the world to make another person miserable.

Now before you say, sure kids....BS, this is high and mighty all over. Damn it can bring down a reputation in a matter of days. The whole thing is mind-boggling that people, even those who understand the consequences still get involved in multiple layers of SM knowing how quickly that shit can blow up.

Now not being actually part of "this" generation perhaps I am way off base. I will let you "splain" it to me.

It's not BS. Actually I guess a lot of people agree with you. So do  I.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 07, 2019, 01:22:20 PM
When I hear people complain about younger generations' behavior I rarely hear them take any responsibility for their role in that outcome.

Childness does offer some neutral viewpoints.  I grew up free in the 50/60s.  Went anywhere I wanted.  Miles away by bike and my parents never worried.  As I grew older, I noticed that parents were less sure about letting their kids run free.  Now they are afraid to let them out of sight.  I'm not sure that kids today are in more dangerous but maybe the news reports suggest it and they react.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 08, 2019, 11:58:58 PM
Childness does offer some neutral viewpoints.  I grew up free in the 50/60s.  Went anywhere I wanted.  Miles away by bike and my parents never worried.  As I grew older, I noticed that parents were less sure about letting their kids run free.  Now they are afraid to let them out of sight.  I'm not sure that kids today are in more dangerous but maybe the news reports suggest it and they react.

Media sells bad news.  Parents react to that.  That is why there are no hitchhikers anymore.  Damn serial killers ruined it for everyone else.  We would be better off without any media, even newspapers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.