Humans attack self-driving cars

Started by Hydra009, January 03, 2019, 10:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 05, 2019, 07:49:34 PM
I had a friend who routinely rode his bike to work, weather permitting, and even in the rain if the weather turned. He had been hit 3 times. The third time was a "charm", and he was killed. :( It was initially deemed an accident, but as new evidence surfaced, murder charges were filed against the driver in the third incident. Another friend got pretty seriously injured riding in the same area. I wonder if it was the same guy. I got hit a couple of years ago (hit and run) but fortunately the jackass just hit the end of the handlebar, about 1/2" from my hand. I do not ride the streets of my city on a bike, as a result.

Sorry.  The sister of a college friend, when we were in college, she was decapitated by a passing pick-up truck mirror, when riding her bike.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 06, 2019, 12:34:14 AM
Recently the city widened the road outside my neighborhood to four lanes with sidewalks on both sides. I contact the police department to see if it is legal to ride a bicycle on this sidewalk and they weren't sure! It's a 50 mph road, few people use the sidewalk and now ride it to go to the gym. Cops have driven past me so I guess it's okay.

A 50 mph road is no place for a bicycle.  A sidewalk is iffy.  I fully recognize that cyclists are betwixt and between.  The road is too fast (due to cars); the sidewalks too slow (due to pedestrians). 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 12, 2019, 01:59:41 AM
A 50 mph road is no place for a bicycle.  A sidewalk is iffy.  I fully recognize that cyclists are betwixt and between.  The road is too fast (due to cars); the sidewalks too slow (due to pedestrians).

Correct again.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 12, 2019, 02:25:55 AM
Correct again.

I'm always correct.  It is just you who falls behind me.  Try to catch up.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!