How the universe is working ? A big confusion is in my head. Does GOD exists ?

Started by faizanyousafzai1122, January 03, 2019, 06:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 03, 2019, 07:09:02 PM
Well, this is an odd place to ask if God exists, since the answer is pretty much foreordained.
I've never given this question any thought before, but you know...?  Now that someone has finally asked, I think God must exist.  How else can I explain all this stuff?

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 04, 2019, 06:33:07 PM
Well, 1122, as the Universal Soldier, he may know.  If there is a big confusion in your head, pull the plug and let it out.  All gods are fictions, so none exist. 

And welcome to the land of unconfusion.....stay and play.

All nations are fictions, they don't exist - Universal Anarchist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2019, 02:59:40 PM
Well, the universe generated me, so it works well. Once I'm no longer existent the universe may cease to work, and more power to it.

;-)

The exception proves the rule, once again.  And your second sentence says ... solipsist.

On the other hand, if reality is a computer simulation, and you are the computer.  I definitely want you unplugged ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2019, 07:05:36 PM
Nothing to explain - it's all in yo head!

Wrong answer.  Your head doesn't exist.  You don't exist.  So "your head" is meaningless monkey chatter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah, but it's fun to write random shit with a keyboard!

Maybe we'll eventually produce the Urantia book.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2019, 07:33:04 PM
Yeah, but it's fun to write random shit with a keyboard!

Maybe we'll eventually produce the Urantia book.

There are no true random events, just events too complicated for a monkey to understand.  And I don't see any random typing here, except when someone is simulating an explicative deleted ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

IN THE BEGINNING, Iluvabargle opened a hole in ITS sense of existence and sent its thoughts into it.  The creatures of his powerful mind sang to ITS glory.  Some of those who sang the best, IT sent into the new world, and damned if horrible things happened.  So IT shut off the hole IT created and asked if ITS CREATORS would let IT try again.  And wisely IT and IT and IT did not!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 05, 2019, 04:14:00 AM
IN THE BEGINNING, Iluvabargle opened a hole in ITS sense of existence and sent its thoughts into it.  The creatures of his powerful mind sang to ITS glory.  Some of those who sang the best, IT sent into the new world, and damned if horrible things happened.  So IT shut off the hole IT created and asked if ITS CREATORS would let IT try again.  And wisely IT and IT and IT did not!

Ouroboros ... the dragon eating its own tail.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Short answer: Almost certainly not.  Odds of ε% at the most optimistic.  I am required to admit that much for accuracy's sake.

Long answer: Certainly not any of the anthropomorphic and semi-anthropomorphic ones of Western mythology, particularly the invisible sky-daddy of Zoroastrian/Judaic/Christian/Islamic myths.  While I am not as well read on African and Eastern mythologies, I suggest they are just as fictional because the evidence is just as non-existent.

The strongest claim one might conceivably make for any form of deity is an extreme deist model in which the only action of this supernatural being is to set the universe off and have no further interaction with its structure, contents or inhabitants.  This of course not differentiable from no god at all and Occam's Razor compels us to accept the no-god explanation as the more probable because it's the simpler of the two.

Claiming a god exists under that scenario is like claiming neutrons are orange, and about as sensible; claiming a personal god exists under that scenario is like claiming the orange neutrons are singing to you.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

sorry I re-read your title. You have a big confusion in your head. Get that fixed and you'll be fine.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on January 06, 2019, 10:13:16 PM
sorry I re-read your title. You have a big confusion in your head. Get that fixed and you'll be fine.

Just another confused theist looking for a way to get at atheists...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!