Spurning Erdogan’s Vision, Turks Leave in Droves, Draining Money and Talent -NYT

Started by drunkenshoe, January 03, 2019, 03:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

QuoteFor 17 years, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan won elections by offering voters a vision of restoring the glories of Turkey’s Ottoman past.
That sounds awfully familiar...

Quotecronyism and authoritarianism seep deeper into his administration
So familiar...

Quotedeepening distrust of the judiciary and the arbitrariness of the rule of law, and a deteriorating business climate, accelerated by worries that Mr. Erdogan is unsoundly manipulating management of the economy to benefit himself and his inner circle.
Still a bit hazy, but I'm starting to recall...

QuoteMr. Erdogan has tried to make Turkey more conservative and religious
Hmmm...

Quoteshe fears civil strife or even civil war could develop between Erdogan supporters and their opponents.
Can't quite place it...

Baruch

Obama isn't Muslim.  Trump is Muslim?  Will the true Caliph be revealed?

Let all the Turks move to Germany.  Let all the Germans die.

With Brexit, all the Poles and Hungarians will move to Britain.  They would rather die that be next to Germany.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

The groups of Turks in question are people you guys wouldn't recognise passing in the street as foreigners. Most of them are white to begin with. In case of forms of behaviour, they drink, they don't eat kosher, they date, have casual sex, live without marriage, they don't dress conservatively or ethnically. Most of them are highly educated.

I know it sounds ugly to use these kind of traits besides education and skill to define people, but that's the world we all know. Change is very slow. The real one I mean. And it seems to be the picture concerning these people. I hope all young people have the opportunity to run away and save themselves, regardless of their skin colour. Because these people are a gain, not a burden.

They work hard and enjoy it, because circumstances pay back more than in money they earn in their country. So money stopped being the first object guys, this is historical. Before this wasn't like this, nowhere near. I know your perspective is different, but that's naturally distorted. These people leave their country, because of the low life standards, besides money. And I don't mean just social life.

For example, there was this guy, who made a big, brutal post about the big leave in software industry is caused for many reasons, but most importantly, claiming that top softwares created by some are used for tracking people about their religious activities and so on. So these people actually did make a lot of money before leaving the country, concerning the standards in the land. But they refuse to serve to the system; personal morality; work ethic.

The general thing about religious Middle Eastern gorvenments, the smart, skilled guys are not usually raised in their culture, but the one they keep pointing as evil. (That's you, lol) People who embraced Western culture, also embraced its professionalism and expect it back. Religious tradition recognise 'work ethic' if you are working against something, as an asset at their side. The common 'religious ethic' you all know very well.

Think about it like this. You are doing a job, doesn't matter what it is. But you are not treated in a professional manner, or as an individual with a skill, but as a servant, or a member of some sort of a tribe in some arbitrary hierarchy. Yeah.

On the other hand, fields like medicine, softare, hardware, engineering...etc does not change, when you change the country you live in. LOL On the contrary, there is always a space for these people to fill in.

So what happens next? pr, this is your part. As Western countries, esp. United States of America, Canada have professional, highly competitive cultures in bussines, they will take these people. And after the Brexit mess, UK will start doing it, LOL. Almost every country will employ these hungry for a better life, ambitious, hard working people. In most cases, they will leave their native counterparts behind.

And the old story will go on. The religous and the right wingers in all over the world; Europe, US will start to cry, 'Immigrants are stealing our jobs! They are stealing our countries!' But most of them won't even have the education or the skill, work ethic to do the jobs that are supposedly stolen from them.

UK's first target concerning immigrants after Brexit will be employing these high skilled immigrants. And talking about these groups of Turks, they speak the language better than the welfare leaning, low class white Brits and they have higher culture in general. They know and also learned with what we live now, the value of a lot of things the stupid masses of lazy scum take for granted in the West. Which means, despite of all that disgusting, toxic, violent shit storm right wingers created using foriegners, immigrants, things will go back to the old system in the UK and in the end nothing will change in that department. They just made their lives more difficult, fucked the economy.

Am I having fun? Yeah...a little. It's freaking 2019 AD. Stupid is more stupid everyday.       

About Germany as a Turkish land. I don't have any evidence or source, but I always tend to think Germans chose Turks decades ago, first because they are the less ethnically looking, less conservative, white Easterners compared to the others. They are 'white'. After all, they were calculated to mate with German born Germans too. We also know for certain that first immigrants (males) taken to Germany were examined to their teeth. Not for just common health to do a job.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

I gues, I am supposed to write something?

Quote from: Cavebear on January 05, 2019, 07:11:08 AM
One word...  Armenians.

Yeah it is one word, it is called Armenia.

Quote from: Baruch on January 05, 2019, 10:58:38 AM
And Greeks and Aramaics.  All three were massacred.

Greeks live in Greece.

Aramaics? Give it a rest, it hasn't been a decade since you have learned about Sebataists. :) 

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 05, 2019, 12:28:22 PM

Greeks live in Greece.

Aramaics? Give it a rest, it hasn't been a decade since you have learned about Sebataists. :)

Actually, I know nothing about "Sebataists".  Write this down readers, I admit to know nothing about "something"...

My point is that the Turks have a long history of trying to eliminate minority groups or people they want to conquer.  I have nothing against them per se, but they are among a large group of conquerors. 

And I don't much like christians either.

But there would not have been the European Crusades had not the Islamic Turks attacked and taken Constantinople (and other Moslems, Spain). 

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on January 05, 2019, 12:49:10 PM
Actually, I know nothing about "Sebataists".  Write this down readers, I admit to know nothing about "something"...

Obviously, that is for Baruch. If you read it in order it is obvious. The first quote says 'Cavebear', the other 'Brauch'.

QuoteMy point is that the Turks have a long history of trying to eliminate minority groups or people they want to conquer.  I have nothing against them per se, but they are among a large group of conquerors. 

Yeah, definitely. Like every each soverigen country today, from Sweden to US in the last several hundred years. But unfortunetaly, Turks have gone beyond that in history. Or may be even before that? Because they are... old. Actually, they are ancient. Huns are Turkics tribes for example. Turkic people are a huuuuge branch in humanity. 

But then they get around. Genghis Khan, I guess you would recognise, a Turkic-Mongolian monster who literally fucked the world killing tens of milions people. Then there is Atilla...

QuoteAnd I don't much like christians either. But there would not have been the European Crusades had not the Islamic Turks attacked and taken Constantinople (and other Moslems, Spain).

Ahahahaah. Yeah, you caught them, 'They started it!'.

Sarcasm aside,  people like you are the reason why the world think the left wing is fucking stupid. For someone who generally has the need to blurt out pretentious remarks on 'how much of a born athiest' he is at the drop of a hat on a regular basis, you sound like pretty much decided on a religion among them.       

e: If you can't follow, sarcasm starts with 'Turks have gone beyond...'

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 03, 2019, 03:47:18 PM
That sounds awfully familiar...
So familiar...
Still a bit hazy, but I'm starting to recall...
Hmmm...
Can't quite place it...

Are you channeling the 'I Was Not A Nazi Polka"?

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 05, 2019, 01:23:55 PM
Obviously, that is for Baruch. If you read it in order it is obvious. The first quote says 'Cavebear', the other 'Brauch'.

Yeah, definitely. Like every each soverigen country today, from Sweden to US in the last several hundred years. But unfortunetaly, Turks have gone beyond that in history. Or may be even before that? Because they are... old. Actually, they are ancient. Huns are Turkics tribes for example. Turkic people are a huuuuge branch in humanity. 

But then they get around. Genghis Khan, I guess you would recognise, a Turkic-Mongolian monster who literally fucked the world killing tens of milions people. Then there is Atilla...

Ahahahaah. Yeah, you caught them, 'They started it!'.

Sarcasm aside,  people like you are the reason why the world think the left wing is fucking stupid. For someone who generally has the need to blurt out pretentious remarks on 'how much of a born athiest' he is at the drop of a hat on a regular basis, you sound like pretty much decided on a religion among them.       

e: If you can't follow, sarcasm starts with 'Turks have gone beyond...'

Wow, Drunk, there is a thin line between "subtle" and "incomprehensible" but you may have just straddled it, LOL... I offer my limited (but sarcastic) congrats.    I really didn't think you had it in you (for good reason, but never mind that).

Now, let's start (and end) with "Turks have gone beyond".  Whatever does that mean, O wise One"?

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 05, 2019, 12:28:22 PM

Greeks live in Greece.

Greeks used to live in Turkey too, for 3000 years, until 1922.  Not saying anything bad about Turks, we are killers, all of us.  Aramaics have been massacred for centuries, but particularly by Tamerlane, who also loved to slaughter Turks.  Since then, given geography, it is Kurds who kill Aramaics.  For being Christian.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on January 05, 2019, 01:46:55 PM
Wow, Drunk, there is a thin line between "subtle" and "incomprehensible" but you may have just straddled it, LOL... I offer my limited (but sarcastic) congrats.    I really didn't think you had it in you (for good reason, but never mind that).

Now, let's start (and end) with "Turks have gone beyond".  Whatever does that mean, O wise One"?

It means, I am highly annoyed by your condescending attitude.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 06, 2019, 02:38:07 AM
It means, I am highly annoyed by your condescending attitude.

Americans never killed Indians.  Turks never killed Armenians.  We love to put our heads in the ground like the ostrich.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

They say Turkey is a country like heaven if you have money you can enjoy, they say...
I haven't been to a foreign country up till now, but i wish i could go and see not like a tourist but like one who is interested in deepening in and touching to the country's cultural essence...
I am especially interested in English-speaking countries... Because Anglo-American culture attracts me so much with its literary culture and technology...