News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

All Hail The Second Amendment

Started by Minimalist, January 03, 2019, 10:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimalist

The Great Gun Nut thread

Kids and guns....never a good mix in Gun Nut Nation.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/03/teen-commits-suicide-after-accidentally-shooting-friend-cops/

QuoteTeen commits suicide after accidentally shooting friend: cops

QuoteA Georgia teen took his own life after he shot and killed his friend in a New Year’s Eve accident, according to police.

Gwinnett County Police said Devin Hodges, 15, was showing off the gun to three other pals Monday afternoon in Lawrenceville when he accidentally fired a shot.

Two for the price of one.

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on January 03, 2019, 10:27:49 AM
The Great Gun Nut thread

Kids and guns....never a good mix in Gun Nut Nation.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/03/teen-commits-suicide-after-accidentally-shooting-friend-cops/

Two for the price of one.

I prefer knife fights.  More action, more bloodshed, less death.  They can be patched up and put back in the arena to fight again.  Got gladiators?

I will be fine with disarming the government ... you should to, since you want the US cops to be disarmed UK bobbies.  Perhaps you can find Mary Poppins.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I'm reading an interesting book, called The Trigger, by Arthur C. Clarke. It's about a hopeful, accidentally discovered "trigger" that can detonate nitrate-based explosives, such as gun ammo and various other explosives. The scientists want it to be used to stop all gun violence in the world, while the government - well, it's the government, and so has other ideas.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 03, 2019, 01:30:44 PM
I'm reading an interesting book, called The Trigger, by Arthur C. Clarke. It's about a hopeful, accidentally discovered "trigger" that can detonate nitrate-based explosives, such as gun ammo and various other explosives. The scientists want it to be used to stop all gun violence in the world, while the government - well, it's the government, and so has other ideas.

Colossus: The Forbin Project ... unite both strategic AIs of the US and the USSR.  Nothing bad with happen from that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

I'm so sick of this "we need to have guns to protect us from the government" bullshit. 

Give it up, B.  It's a metric fuckton of nonsense.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

As a pro-government person ... I am happy if "you" disarm.  Some girls dig amputees ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

On New Year's Eve, not too far from me, a woman was seriously wounded by celebratory gunfire.  (bottle rockets and roman candles are illegal around here because someone might get hurt)

Unbeliever

People fire their guns into the air, and don't realize that what goes up must come down. Unfortunately, they're not the ones who get hit by falling bullets.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 03, 2019, 04:20:35 PM
People fire their guns into the air, and don't realize that what goes up must come down. Unfortunately, they're not the ones who get hit by falling bullets.

My dad and I did this once, with a 22 rifle.  Not a good idea ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 03, 2019, 04:17:33 PM
On New Year's Eve, not too far from me, a woman was seriously wounded by celebratory gunfire.  (bottle rockets and roman candles are illegal around here because someone might get hurt)

Which is why you need to lose your car or truck.  Proles should walk.  It is good for you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Minimalist on January 03, 2019, 01:34:57 PM
I'm so sick of this "we need to have guns to protect us from the government" bullshit. 

Give it up, B.  It's a metric fuckton of nonsense.

Nice!  Every statistic shows that a family death by owning a gun is more likely than by facing one.  But the gun nuts think "yeah, but not ME".  And most of them are 2nd amendment fanatics.

A bizarre thing is that I might be a safe person to own a gun.  I live alone, no children or angry family member to worry about, and I'm not the least suicidal.  So naturally, I don't have one.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Agreed regarding Wild West fantasies.  And I am safe with a gun also.  I take them very seriously.  We have never had a gun accident in our family.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

There is always a YET...for everyone... absolutely everyone.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on January 05, 2019, 06:06:31 AM
There is always a YET...for everyone... absolutely everyone.

Well, I do have a few Gladiuses hidden around the house.  Do they count?  And it would take a crazy person to attack a chef near his knife block.  You wouldn't believe how evil a deli-knife is.

But I keep all the doors locked all day.  And with sturdy bars across the deck doors. 

Actually, no, the vast majority of people will never experience a break in.  That is mostly a fear of people who watch too much Fox News.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!