News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

War With Germany?

Started by Minimalist, December 17, 2018, 09:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2018, 03:15:19 AM
Futurama?  Sure ... a good joke on all the sci-fi BS, though Rick & Morty is more woke to the scientism scam.

I do find meaning, and on a large scale, not just the personal scale like MikeCL.  I simply don't like what I find.

Well, in the episode where Fry got stung by the space bee, Leela thought she was dreaming when Fry talked to her. 

Wake up, Baruch, please...

And with that, I quit for the night.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on December 18, 2018, 07:46:37 PM
I can predict that President Pence will openly execute gays and atheists.  And Democrats won't get the irony.

So what does Cavebear have to do with Germany?  A bear is the modern coat of arms of the city of Berlin.

And Bern, Switzerland.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on December 26, 2018, 03:53:07 AM
And Bern, Switzerland.

I am pretty sure Pence wouldn't try to kill gays and atheists.  There are too many of both.  Bush Sr, though, did say once that he didn't consider atheists "citizens", that's bad enough.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 29, 2018, 08:56:26 AM
I am pretty sure Pence wouldn't try to kill gays and atheists.  There are too many of both.  Bush Sr, though, did say once that he didn't consider atheists "citizens", that's bad enough.

I think you underestimate Dominionists.  Also once the Right is triggered, Kent State is the template.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on December 29, 2018, 10:16:56 AM
I think you underestimate Dominionists.  Also once the Right is triggered, Kent State is the template.

You're right, Baruch, they should not be underestimated. They may be the most dangerous influence in America, especially if they can get even more political power.

QuoteDominion theology (also known as dominionism) is a group of Christian political ideologies that seek to institute a nation governed by Christians based on their personal understandings of biblical law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_theology
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 29, 2018, 01:57:56 PM
You're right, Baruch, they should not be underestimated. They may be the most dangerous influence in America, especially if they can get even more political power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_theology

Any American, who isn't a fire breathing Menshevik ... is a Dominionist ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Again, I think you're just trying to push our buttons - either that or you're just plain full of shit.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 29, 2018, 04:55:26 PM
Again, I think you're just trying to push our buttons - either that or you're just plain full of shit.

Button well pushed, LOL!  And yes the fewmets...

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 29, 2018, 04:55:26 PM

As long as I eat, I fill up with shit every day.  Same as the rest of you.

Less hyperbolic ... are you a paranoid conspiracy theorist (like Alex Jones only different) who thinks that the Rushdoony clan is manipulating the entire US (both parties) from the shadows?

Cavebear ... you are less ... apparently paranoid that Mr Unbeliever here.  His personal situation might be a lot less stable than your "cat bird seat".  On the there hand, if you are paranoid in spite of that, then ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 29, 2018, 05:00:12 PM

Less hyperbolic ... are you a paranoid conspiracy theorist (like Alex Jones only different) who thinks that the Rushdoony clan is manipulating the entire US (both parties) from the shadows?

Cavebear ... you are less ... apparently paranoid that Mr Unbeliever here.  His personal situation might be a lot less stable than your "cat bird seat".  On the there hand, if you are paranoid in spite of that, then ...

Well, MY food doesn't start that way at least.   I like my stuff a bit "unprocessed" at the start.  And then stir-fried...

But thank you...

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on December 29, 2018, 05:00:12 PM

Yeah, Rushdoony, the guy who said "To control the future requires the control of education and of the child."

I don't know how much influence he or his "clan" still has, but others do have major influence on politicians and will take over completely if they're allowed to do so.

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 29, 2018, 06:21:12 PM
Yeah, Rushdoony, the guy who said "To control the future requires the control of education and of the child."

I don't know how much influence he or his "clan" still has, but others do have major influence on politicians and will take over completely if they're allowed to do so.

I agree.  When I first heard about that particular insanity, it seemed very scary indeed (given that the political system tends toward extremes).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.