News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Anti-American Dream

Started by pr126, December 31, 2018, 10:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

QuoteThe quickest way to create a captive society is to educate children to hate their own freedom.
Nobody’s feelings were consulted during the making of this video. Anyone who has a problem with that can drop dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uz19w7tf1U

Baruch

The heroes of the 60s Left ... updated for today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A09RoyXqk9o

Directed against Chinese aggression, not American aggression.

To be edgy in 1939, British youth should have embraced Stalin or Hitler.  Fortunately they did not.

I do love militant youth.  Understand why the goose-step is so popular.  Just bad associations.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

my grandfather fought in a war against oppression and totalitarianism. He could have even died back then fighting against a political system that wanted to control the world and either silence or wipe out peoples freedoms or lives for not being the same as them.

I'm never going to forget that fact, and how much I owe to my grandfather and all the good men who fought and many died to protect peoples values and freedoms from oppression.

This is why when I see a group think trying to force its views on others to conform to their way or be silenced, I'm going to stand against that, because my grandfather didn't risk his life in a war against that kind of mentality, one that can exist on any side of the political spectrum. This is why I have pride in my countries individuality to much to let it be consumed by one think. 
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on December 31, 2018, 11:10:01 AM
my grandfather fought in a war against oppression and totalitarianism. He could have even died back then fighting against a political system that wanted to control the world and either silence or wipe out peoples freedoms or lives for not being the same as them.

I'm never going to forget that fact, and how much I owe to my grandfather and all the good men who fought and many died to protect peoples values and freedoms from oppression.

This is why when I see a group think trying to force its views on others to conform to their way or be silenced, I'm going to stand against that, because my grandfather didn't risk his life in a war against that kind of mentality, one that can exist on any side of the political spectrum. This is why I have pride in my countries individuality to much to let it be consumed by one think.

But GB Labor Party is the Anglophone mother of all totalitarianisms:

This movie version appropriately has Italian fascist style helmets, and black shirts.  But a mixed metaphor ... the shirts and helmets should be Soviet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y7hHoqb1WQ

A party rally of Progressivism under Mosley ... the true anti-Churchill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPB1jy4vmFA

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

Occasionally Condell makes a valid point.  Most times he should be wearing one of those stupid, fucking, hats.

For myself, I keep wondering when they think 'Murrica was so "great?"  I never seem to get an answer from them.  Perhaps you guys can tell me?
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

pr126

QuoteFor myself, I keep wondering when they think 'Murrica was so "great?"  I never seem to get an answer from them.  Perhaps you guys can tell me?
That was before the communist persuaded you otherwise.

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

pr126

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Minimalist on December 31, 2018, 12:35:16 PM

For myself, I keep wondering when they think 'Murrica was so "great?"  I never seem to get an answer from them.  Perhaps you guys can tell me?
The United States is a great nation. One of a group of great nations.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

I don't know if my grandfathers or great uncles ever fought.....never really cared to find out. My brother told me he traced our family back to Jamestown... a rather small dot in American History is that one James Brumfield 16 killed by Indians, 1607 (noted as the first settler to be killed by Indians) I thought that was coolish in that any snooty fuck should start bragging about being a descendent of the Mayflower....."fuck you chump lissen up jack I got you beat by 13 years...." 

Meh....I really don't have a desire to search out family history.....maybe I am a defect.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

I'm descended from eight couples that left Ireland rather suddenly back in the day. (They were Prots in the South.) I was the second person in our line to join the military,   my brother was the first.   My  maternal grandparents grew food for the Italian POWs in the camp down the road from Grandpa's farm. It's a weird world.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Minimalist

Quote from: pr126 on December 31, 2018, 01:39:55 PM
August the 23rd 1986 at 11:21 AM.

Figures you'd pick a day when that senile old fuck Reagan was president.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 31, 2018, 12:35:16 PM
Occasionally Condell makes a valid point.  Most times he should be wearing one of those stupid, fucking, hats.

Death to old White males, right?  You really are a delusional 20 year old?

Yes, where there is freedom, there is crime.  Where there is tyranny ... authority is the crime.  Part of the reason why ...

you can't win
you can't break even
you can't even get out of the game.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 31, 2018, 12:47:32 PM
And when was that, genius?

Given you age, perhaps that SDS meeting at Berkeley in 1965?  Or was it the Weathermen, or Symbionese Liberation Army?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on December 31, 2018, 12:46:12 PM
That was before the communist persuaded you otherwise.

Most folks here would prefer Stalin over Churchill or FDR.  They sold their souls.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.