It goes the same as how you begin the new year.

Started by SoldierofFortune, December 29, 2018, 07:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: LoriPinkAngel on December 31, 2018, 02:25:09 PM
It is not a long term separation.  He is visiting his aunt in Texas.  I'm sorry you are not near your daughter.  I may have to face that when my son is done with college but is just a Sophomore.

Geographic separation between family members happens with adults, because of job change or educational opportunity.  But it makes dealing with family problems much more difficult if they are more than one hour driving time away.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

I liked the one where the aliens gave us a book, "To Serve Man" remember that one...at least I think it was on Twilight.....dat was a good one.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mr.Obvious

Dinner and games with THE gf and friends. Some drinking, but not too much. Had to drive us home after. It was Nice.

Lost THE weigh in 2018, new year's resolutions for 2019: write a book.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

One of my favorite TZ episodes was call The Hunt, about an old man and his dog that have a mishap during a 'coon hunt and find themselves dead, and the old man won't set foot in "heaven" without his dog. Turns out, that wasn't heaven after all.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

anybody what won't leave der coon dog behind ain't a real man no how. *spits tabaccky
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on January 02, 2019, 03:04:00 PM
anybody what won't leave der coon dog behind ain't a real man no how. *spits tabaccky

So many double negatives ... I can't follow your ken nor kin.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Know thyself - but not in the biblical sense...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 02, 2019, 07:45:00 PM
Know thyself - but not in the biblical sense...

Fuck yourself ;-)  Are you blind from masturbation?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Minimalist on December 29, 2018, 07:18:50 PM
My plan for 2019 is to make it to 2020.

I figure the odds are 50-50 with the dickhead in the White House.

Well, I dumped my stocks in April assuming the Orange Menace would screw the world economy, and I've gained by being in money markets.  And I bet I gain more until he is impeached or his tax forms are released.  Seriously, I got a 24 month CD at 3.15% last month.

Never touch gold though.  That's for gamblers.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 05, 2019, 04:51:31 AM
Well, I dumped my stocks in April assuming the Orange Menace would screw the world economy, and I've gained by being in money markets.  And I bet I gain more until he is impeached or his tax forms are released.  Seriously, I got a 24 month CD at 3.15% last month.

Never touch gold though.  That's for gamblers.

Gold is insurance, not an investment.  If you have other insurance, then you will be fine.  Assuming the insurance company doesn't go bust.

Pretty much every economy in the world is crappified now, so there is no obvious place to put your investments.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

I got all my money in lottery tickets. JACKPOT mother fuckers!..............

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 05, 2019, 05:26:49 AM
Gold is insurance, not an investment.  If you have other insurance, then you will be fine.  Assuming the insurance company doesn't go bust.

Pretty much every economy in the world is crappified now, so there is no obvious place to put your investments.

Gold is a sucker's investment.  I break radio silence only because I hope you will not fall for gold investments. 

Here's the deal.  The people who own most of the gold know what they are doing.  So if THEY are selling it, it is a bad investment sure to decrease in value.  Otherwise, they would keep it.  Right? 

So don't buy on either the up or down market.  You are competing with experts and you will almost always be on the wrong side.  OK?

And if you are thinking, 'well, when the economy collapses, I'll have gold".  Don't be an idiot.  If things get that bad, you will want food and fuel, not gold.  Gold is a LUXURY, not a necessity.  You can't eat luxuries.

aitm

Don't be silly..they wouldn't say diamonds are a investment and never lose value if not true...

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on January 05, 2019, 09:41:01 AM
Don't be silly..they wouldn't say diamonds are a investment and never lose value if not true...

You tempt me to sarcasm... 

But "Americans exchange diamond rings as part of the engagement process, because in 1938 De Beers decided that they would like us to. Prior to a stunningly successful marketing campaign 1938, Americans occasionally exchanged engagement rings, but wasn’t a pervasive occurrence. Not only is the demand for diamonds a marketing invention, but diamonds aren’t actually that rare. Only by carefully restricting the supply has De Beers kept the price of a diamond high."

I hope that is sufficient to disabuse your notion of diamonds having intrinsic value.

And gold works the same way. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 05, 2019, 07:04:07 AM
Gold is a sucker's investment.  I break radio silence only because I hope you will not fall for gold investments. 

Here's the deal.  The people who own most of the gold know what they are doing.  So if THEY are selling it, it is a bad investment sure to decrease in value.  Otherwise, they would keep it.  Right? 

So don't buy on either the up or down market.  You are competing with experts and you will almost always be on the wrong side.  OK?

And if you are thinking, 'well, when the economy collapses, I'll have gold".  Don't be an idiot.  If things get that bad, you will want food and fuel, not gold.  Gold is a LUXURY, not a necessity.  You can't eat luxuries.

Investment or speculation ... yes, don't do gold.  Insurance isn't either of those.  Gold is insurance against society collapse.  What are the odds of that?  Higher than I would like.  The US economy can end this year, surprised it didn't end in 2009.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.